• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 stock influx boosts Spider-Man: Miles Morales sales in UK, Mass Effect: LE 68% of boxed sales on PS4

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
You should open up your post history and let it speak for itself.

you can link a post where I went off on one of those games. I’ll wait….

Think worse I said is I fell off ghosts since I just finished vahalla.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I will put as much effort into it as you do trolling. low.

I only went to look at your post history to see if I was mistaken about you.

no problem, next time have an example or u just seem like a petty asshole.

no reason to talk out of your ass and all right?

Iced Arcade

Awesome for miles.

I discredit boxes sales now as digital is more telling of the industry. Numbers probably still a similar percentage with the PS4 having a larger install base.
Have I missed something in the article that says what percent of the game was sold digitally?
Just read his history, have a chuckle and move on.
You should open up your post history and let it speak for itself.
You can see/read users histories just by clicking on the users name and clicking on the post count, even if they have it set to private.

Unknown?

Was it? PS Store charts for April with just 1 day of tracking says otherwise.

Demon's Souls after 7 months is still there. Returnal did good after 1 day

Yeah I remember when people here were trying to claim Miles Morales was a flop. Lol

Zoro7

Banned
Awesome for miles.

I discredit boxes sales now as digital is more telling of the industry. Numbers probably still a similar percentage with the PS4 having a larger install base.

Just read his history, have a chuckle and move on.

You can see/read users histories just by clicking on the users name and clicking on the post count, even if they have it set to private.
Lol how can you discredit box sales. That’s so fucking stupid. Digital makes up a bigger chunk of sales but it’s still 60/40 or so.

DaGwaphics

Interesting that a franchise mostly alligned with Xbox has 68% of sales on PS4. That means that most of its fanbase moved to PS during the PS4 era.

PS4 has a near 2:1 advantage in number of users in the UK (4.8m to 9m or somewhere in there). If the same percentage of the userbase buys a game the base result of that is 66.5:33.5, that's basically all that is showing here. LOL

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
PS4 has a near 2:1 advantage in number of users in the UK (4.8m to 9m or somewhere in there). If the same percentage of the userbase buys a game the base result of that is 66.5:33.5, that's basically all that is showing here. LOL

Not really, if you look at the latest releases, the ratio has been something like 78/22, regardless of actual installed base.

I have the suspicion that the growth of GamePass is already changing the Xbox fanbase purchasing habits, which is why you see the discrepancy.

Another aspect is that franchises that are heavily associated with a console brand tend to do much better on that than the usual multiplatform release.

Perhaps my initial conclusion was wrong, and what we are seeing is the result of lesser sales on Xbox due to GamePass and without it, sales would have been closer to more of a 60/40 or 55/45 split, favouring PS but showing that a significant part of the ME fanbase remains on Xbox.

DaGwaphics

@ Azurro Azurro ME hasn't been heavily associated with Xbox in almost a decade. LOL

Everything from a stronger tilt towards digital, to aggressive BC improvements etc. could alter what Xbox series users are buying. GP would be just one factor of many. The retail space split would probably be a much bigger factor than GP, if Xbox only has a third of the retail presence in the UK (I have no idea), that is going to really effect physical sales of new releases (less room to stock new releases if you still want to stock a reasonable variety, etc.).

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Is Mario Kart in the Charts because it comes free with the switch with alot of Switch deals or just people buying it seperate?

ksdixon

Seems that way. I truly don’t think the majority of XBOX gamers actually buy games. Most recent example was RE8 and now the game that originated on the XBOX most likely sells considerably better on the PS4? I know Gamepass has been in existence for awhile, but I’m really wondering what’s going on. 🤔

From my personal experience, there's something of a skism happening, which will become more apparent over the course of this generation.

Those XB fans that have suffered through the back end of 360 and XB1, like my friend, unless they're gung-ho on MS exclusives, just don't care enough about gaming anymore. He's had it beat out of him. His XBSX exists as a gamepass/bc box, as he happens to still want a TV gaming setup, whereas he could potentially just use GP on his mobile, which is what he's usually tapping on for some phone game when he's not on his XB.

No new games interest him. At best he'll probably watch a YT playthrough of RE8 now, and hope it drops onto GP for *free later down the line.

Yet his eyes will fill with fire at Sony's new £70 day 1 release price, even though he buys nothing (other than console and GP subscription, rarely does he purchase anything from the ms store), let alone on day 1. Or he will harp on about any precieved downfall of Sony's (true or not). I don't really understand his mindset a lot of the time.

onQ123

How did Returnal a game that was made by a team that make small PSN games become such a big deal? Did I miss something or is this just a attack weak point for massive damage situation?

anthony2690

Banned
I've always thought that when a game is said to be difficult, it scares a lot of people from getting the game and hurts the game's sales. And it shows even more when your potential buyers are less than 8 million in the entire world.
Pretty sure if the game was a more traditional sci fi shooter it would have sold better.
I think the general consensus is, it doesn't look like a game people want to drop £70 on.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
How did Returnal a game that was made by a team that make small PSN games become such a big deal? Did I miss something or is this just a attack weak point for massive damage situation?
One would think a dev/studio notorious for making smaller arcade games would get more love for their first foray into AAA.

A roguelike.

Yet here we are.

I'll just wait for the May PSN chart to get posted by Sony.

Even tho its AAA, I dont think its on the higher end budget wise so it doesnt have to sell 10 million to be a success. It still sitting at 86 on both Media and Open Critic means Sony will definitely be going back to them again for future games.

Last edited:
People are not stupid. They are well aware the game is on ps4 and ps5. Do you think they dont see miles being advertised on their ps4?
They want that next gen juice
Well, I agree that people are not stupid but I have friends who we can consider as "casual gamers" and they thought Miles Morales was a PS5 exclusive, and I'm sure others think the same. I'm not saying there aren't people who want to wait until they get a PS5 to play it but from my experience, there are some who just don't know this is a cross gen game.

Iced Arcade

Lol how can you discredit box sales. That’s so fucking stupid. Digital makes up a bigger chunk of sales but it’s still 60/40 or so.
Cause I don't know anyone who still buys physical game? Guess tHaTs sO fUcKiNg sTuPid.

I meant discredit box sales as in...it doesn't prove/show anything alone. Now calm your tits little man.

Last edited:
Damn, Returnal bailed faster than me at the last chrismas party at the office
Returnal is, at this moment, the second best selling PS5 game on Amazon UK, after Ratchet and Clank, and over both Resident Evil and Spiderman : MM, as well as a contemporary Switch game as Pokémon Snap. I would wait a little bit further before calling its Sales disappointing

modiz

"Big deal" is exactly that. Sony decided to sell the game for $70 and many thought that would be too much. Then there was a group that hyped the game to the max, then the game launched and the rest is history, documented on this forum.

Top Bottom