• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 stock influx boosts Spider-Man: Miles Morales sales in UK, Mass Effect: LE 68% of boxed sales on PS4

The remastered collection of Mass Effect games was released on last generation consoles (PS4 and Xbox One), and sold best on PS4 (68% of sales). It's not a huge boxed launch for the collection, selling half of what last week's Resident Evil: Village managed. However, digital data is not available until later in the week, and it's likely the game performed far better than the physical numbers suggest.

Resident Evil: Village sits at No.2 after a relatively modest 59% drop in sales during its second week.

Rising nine places to No.3 is Spider-Man: Miles Morales, with the majority of sales (88%) coming on the PS5 version. The action game shoots up the charts on the back of new PS5 stock coming to the UK market last week. This has happened the last time more PS5 units emerged in March, and so Spider-Man appears to be the game of choice for new PS5 customers. Another game that bumped in sales on the back of PS5 stock is Assassin's Creed Valhalla at No.13, with the PS5 version of that increasing 224%. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War at No.14 also saw its PS5 version jump in sales by 49%.
Last WeekThis WeekTitle
New Entry1Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
12Resident Evil: Village
123Spider-Man: Miles Morales
34FIFA 21
New Entry5Subnautica: Below Zero
56Animal Crossing: New Horizons
37Minecraft (Switch)
84Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
79Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
210New Pokémon Snap

Returnal had a short shelf life huh?
I've always thought that when a game is said to be difficult, it scares a lot of people from getting the game and hurts the game's sales. And it shows even more when your potential buyers are less than 8 million in the entire world.
Pretty sure if the game was a more traditional sci fi shooter it would have sold better.

yet more lions share for playstation
Seems that way. I truly don’t think the majority of XBOX gamers actually buy games. Most recent example was RE8 and now the game that originated on the XBOX most likely sells considerably better on the PS4? I know Gamepass has been in existence for awhile, but I’m really wondering what’s going on. 🤔

mansoor1980

Seems that way. I truly don’t think the majority of XBOX gamers actually buy games. Most recent example was RE8 and now the game that originated on the XBOX most likely sells considerably better on the PS4? I know Gamepass has been in existence for awhile, but I’m really wondering what’s going on. 🤔
one thing to add is that mass effect LE only has a ps4 version and no ps5 specific version , its just running on BC on ps5

Stuart360

Gold Member
Prettty beastly sales for Mass Effect if you think about it, selling over half of what a brand new entry in a mega successful franchise sold the week before in Resident Evil 8.
Not bad for a remaster!.

"Spider-Man appears to be the game of choice for new PS5 customers."

So they are buying a PS5 to play a game they could play on PS4...... Where are the PS5 exlusives in the chart? Why didn't they get bumped with "Stock Influx"?
Some people think that game is a next gen only title.

mansoor1980

i am commander shepard and MASS EFFECT LE is my favourite game at UK retail

mxcFW06.png

There is this way of buying games in digital form on the console. It's quite revolutionary.
That’s true, but they never seem to list digital sales though so it seems we only have the physical sales to compare. Honestly though, I don’t think the digital sales would be significantly different either ratio-wise though.

Last edited:

Markio128

I’d have thought ME would have sold more on Xbox Series X, considering it runs okay sometimes in 120fps mode and doesn’t drop to 31 FPS in a cutscene. What a crazy world we live in!

Also, for those lucky enough to pick up a PS5, I can’t imagine they would have limitless money to buy every game available, so Spider-Man, Ass Creed and COD jumping in sales is no surprise because these games are always picked up first. Returnal and Demon’s Souls are in no way, shape or form, a casual purchase haha.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I believe in the future majority of xbox owners is going for subscription service and not going to buy physical copies or even digital copies anymore, and there is a big possibility Microsoft is going to eliminate physical disc and go full subscription service + cloud.

Playstation on the other hand will be on the traditional side.

reksveks

I believe in the future majority of xbox owners is going for subscription service and not going to buy physical copies or even digital copies anymore, and there is a big possibility Microsoft is going to eliminate physical disc and go full subscription service + cloud.

Playstation on the other hand will be on the traditional side.
We just love assumptions here. I would suggest that we wait for the first subscription only game before we even start thinking down that line.

32% for a franchise that originated on Xbox seems weak.

PS4: 55%, Xbox One 41%, PC 4%. For the last Mass Effect, not sure what the console split was for the UK in 2017.

Interfectum

Nintendo just cleans up as we nitpick over PS/Xbox splits and first party sales data huh? Switch seems unstoppable.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Pretty understandable that ME is going to dominate, if you look at that garbage which is below it. Holy shit what a year of games /s

I just want to know, finally, total number sold (physical + digital) of Demon’s Souls and (maybe too early) Returnal. Are they really bust, the way it looks like from the outside or not. Morales seems like game of choice for new PS5 owners and that’s least surprising thing here.

And Warnen Warnen , that’s quite possibly best GIF I’ve ever seen. 😂

Top Bottom