• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 official event June 4th cancelled - new date TBA

longdi

Banned
Anyone noticed this sentence from Jim? Its about the controller, the 3D audio, the SSD...dont you find some next geny things missing? :pie_smirking:

"We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used... we are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hopefully that “road to PS5” show got all that tech talk out of the way so we get some god games this time.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Jeff Grubb is now officially Schrier and Zhuge status.

Any other "insiders" can kick rocks

Sony went from too quiet to firing them CANNONS

UE5 demo, GOT/TLOU 2 gameplay, PS5 event, TLOU 2 release, GOT release.. oh my 👀

Last edited:
Theres no console.

All games are played through your brain.

giphy.gif

Sony is absolutely right. Fuck Cross gen games and scalable shit. New owners of the New consoles deserves New experiences that take real advantage of the New hardware.

lol a that username, I guess it was inevitable

Although, I do agree. I have never been a huge fan of this cross-gen support approach that MS decided on. I feel they created a marvelous piece of kit and are handcuffing it needlessly. We will see if it works out in the long run though, I am optimisic.

DarkestHour

Banned
They better come swinging with BC features. I don't care at all for the audio changes nor do I care for the SSD changes as that is all expected for a console refresh.

DonF

Could not disagree more with your post! It's a win all the way around for gamers. Most people will not get a launch console for whatever reason. I plan on getting the new systems at launch and with BC I can still play with my friends until they make the leap to next gen. I also like having my library of games available to me on one system instead of keeping up with old systems/games.
Backcompat Is great and I love it. But what Xbox is doing is forwardcompat.

They want most games be playable in both Xbox one and series x.

That's not moving things forward. Sony is saying the exactly opposite. They want games on ps5 to be impossible on PS4.

We are talking different things here.

Starcheif

Backcompat Is great and I love it. But what Xbox is doing is forwardcompat.

They want most games be playable in both Xbox one and series x.

That's not moving things forward. Sony is saying the exactly opposite. They want games on ps5 to be impossible on PS4.

We are talking different things here.

Matt Booty had said for the first few years of next-gen games would work on both Xbox One and Xbox series X but that was true for both Sony and MS last gen also.

"As Microsoft's latest blog post explained, next-gen backwards compatibility is also tied to the future compatibility of the Xbox One. Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty previously confirmed that, for the first few years, all Xbox Series X games will also be available on Xbox One."

Top Bottom