• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Hardware Reveal - Tease, the Anticipation build up and the eye brow raising, heart pumping reveal

(4K60fps hardware reveal video)

I remember when I saw the june 11th event live, I got a feeling perhaps we may not see the console revealed. But then these blue and black balls started this wavy pattern that looked so cool with the awesome sounds playing in the background, and then it transitions to MF-Graves Self Control song as the console gets revealed in it's vertical setup. Good god I was just incredibly excited to see it finally get revealed and to this day haven't stopped watching the hardware reveal.

I can't wait for the console tear down, what about the i/o ports in the rear of the console, what about storage expansion options and how easy is it to swap them on the PS5. So much more to be revealed. Jump aboard the hype train ladies and gentlemen

cormack12

Gold Member
It's been four months ago. Surely they don't have much time before someone just leaks the internals from manufacturing? It's been a long annoying wait to be honest.

It's been four months ago. Surely they don't have much time before someone just leaks the internals from manufacturing? It's been a long annoying wait to be honest.

Well honestly isn't it just been 50 something days since the console was revealed officially? But yeah I hear what you're saying, with the console's production underway it'd be nice to see the internals :)

cormack12

Gold Member
Well honestly isn't it just been 50 something days since the console was revealed officially? But yeah I hear what you're saying, with the console's production underway it'd be nice to see the internals :)

I think with Cerny saying it in his talk, it seemed like it was round the corner and I think my patience has just reached the point of exhaustion now. I'm frustrated by the cat and mouse with Microsoft as well. It was fun at first but we need to know how much these machines are. I need the official dimensions as soon as possible too to actually see if it fits on my shelving. Whatever happens, they are not changing the design with ~3 months to ship soit doesn't really beenfit anyone to hold back on shit.

I think with Cerny saying it in his talk, it seemed like it was round the corner and I think my patience has just reached the point of exhaustion now. I'm frustrated by the cat and mouse with Microsoft as well. It was fun at first but we need to know how much these machines are. I need the official dimensions as soon as possible too to actually see if it fits on my shelving. Whatever happens, they are not changing the design with ~3 months to ship soit doesn't really beenfit anyone to hold back on shit.

I hear you, even though I am enjoying this cat and mouse game a lot. I am getting the PS5 regardless of whatever price they have in mind. But yeah I am still eager to know the price as I care for everyone to get the console at launch and that's possible when the price is affordable and reasonable.

Elog

The floodgates will open now. It is fairly clear that they wanted to launch TLoU2 and GoT before putting PS5 fully on the stage. So I expect the coming 6-8 weeks to be rather information rich since they now can flip the communication from PS4 to PS5.

Last edited:

Vroadstar

That hardware really brought in the hype and it clearly shows that more people are interested in PS5 and it's games, which is not surprising since Sony is known to support their consoles with top-shelf games till the end of gen.
Looking forward to the UI, a breakdown, and more details about the controller. Heck, they better sell the controller early just like with PS4 before.

dyergram

It was a great reveal I didn’t expect it based on the amount of stuff they had already shown. I wasn’t super into how the console looks but I think it will look better in the flesh. Also I think Covid has made them be super cautious with the release date as I would imagine it’s hard to turn the ship around once they set a course. I’m guessing based on previous statements when they announce the next stream they will tell us that pre orders will be live following the stream.

Xplainin

Banned
Really interested to see how Sony engineered the PS5 compared to MS. Both would have had decent thermal issues to work out a cooling solution to, so how Sony went about it compared to MS is going to be good to see.
MS running with a split board, and one big fan, wonder what Sony did.

Really interested to see how Sony engineered the PS5 compared to MS. Both would have had decent thermal issues to work out a cooling solution to, so how Sony went about it compared to MS is going to be good to see.
MS running with a split board, and one big fan, wonder what Sony did.

Yeah i am curious to learn more. Mark Cerny mentioned he's quite proud of what they've accomplished with cooling and that everyone would be able to learn about it during the official tear down

IMO, it was so much hype. We all knew deep inside they were going to show the console... The transitions were so smooth. The first thing I screamed was “Holy fuck, they did the V shape!”. Then “WHAT KIND OF ALIEN SPACESHIP IS THIS!?”.

The beat was amazing also. The DE was also another fucking surprise.

11/10. Would want a PS6 reveal now.

ZywyPL

Banned
You had an orgasm, cool for you OP. No offence but how is it a thread worthy? Really nice clickbait title, I bet I'm not the only one here thinking there's a new trailer/info about PS5, you could've post the same thing 1.5 month ago in appropriate thread when the boner happened, or post your anticipation in the PS5 OT thread and get a ticket for the hype train as well.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
All I'm looking for is to see more of those lovely PS5 titles and to hear Mark Cerny's console teardown to hear more about the customization inside the PS5 💪

Top Bottom