• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjali

I probably wont be able to watch it live. Any chance to rewatch it without spoilering it? Any experience from last year or so?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
is there a countdown to the livestream?

t1386457200z1.png

I think that's right.

Radec

Damn, 7 more hours to go.

Im okay with The Last of Us or GTA:V winning, both are so far ahead of the competition.

Uncharted will be shown here as well right? I hope we no jungle levels.

Shufel

Can't believe people think the only good Tomb Raider game ever is one of the worst games of 2013.
The original Tomb Raider games are old as hell now and haven't aged very well but they were at least interesting and original at the time. The new Tomb Raider is just a poor man's Uncharted. I wouldn't call it the worst game of the year but it baffles me that people actually think it's good, let alone one of the best games this year. There's nothing it does that other games don't do much better. It's unbelievably generic. At least the prior Tomb Raider games had their own style.

Con_Smith

Banned
Lol at the Tomb Raider hate and Sony doom and gloom. 3 hours of games coverage has me pretty optimistic we'll see something great no matter the platform.

Also I heard there will be a streaming option on ps4. Is that just through the browser is is their an app like live event we need to download?

Lol at the Tomb Raider hate and Sony doom and gloom. 3 hours of games coverage has me pretty optimistic we'll see something great no matter the platform.

Also I heard there will be a streaming option on ps4. Is that just through the browser is is their an app like live event we need to download?

Browser on PS4.

BearPawB

Banned
Old school tomb raider is awesome.
Tomb Raider 2013 is awesome.

Sure, it was basically uncharted. But, the bow combat was fun/some pretty unique item abilities. And I enjoyed when the game opened up a bit more.

possibility for tonight. Lifelower posted this on his twitter feed.

Ba5QO6ZCIAA5YxK.jpg

Ba5QX5YCQAAReMw.jpg

Ooooh. The whole, only one alien in the game, schtick got me interested. Hopefully that's one of the 15 minutes demo games.

Not that any demo for an Alien game turned out to be misleading...

So where are GAFfers going to talk about VGX when the forums are going to be down today during the reveals? I remember vaguely a IRC channel for just that, but can't remember the name of it, or the way to go in when you don't have IRC.

Derrick01

Banned
Bioshock Infinite gets a port?

No that game was nowhere near as insulting to a player's intelligence as Tomb Raider was. They tried to make that game as dumb as possible by taking every modern, annoying gameplay element from a popular game and throwing it all into 1 game. The result was predictable, an unbalanced mess that a person in a coma could finish.

Sotha_Sil

Gah! College football is too enticing tonight. I will have to watch the trailers and new gameplay later. What would be the best place to go for that?

Out of the stuff that has been confirmed I'm only interested in the witcher but I can catch that tomorrow.
Would stay up for an Uncharted trailer but that probably isn't happening.

No that game was nowhere near as insulting to a player's intelligence as Tomb Raider was. They tried to make that game as dumb as possible by taking every modern, annoying gameplay element from a popular game and throwing it all into 1 game. The result was predictable, an unbalanced mess that a person in a coma could finish.

The hyperbole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom