• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 beta rolls out today with new accessibility and audio options, social features, and UI enhancements

That does sound interesting.

The PS5 outputs PCM which is why this didn't work in the past.

For Atmos to work and work well the PS5 has to translate the object based 3D audio to Atmos, which in theory shouldn't be hard. Instead of simulating where the audio should be, it can tell Atmos speakers to play in the appropriate speaker.

The biggest problem is likely to be games that don't use objects above very much.

This really needed to be a day 1 thing. I hope we get games that officially support Atmos rather than just a conversion from Tempest 3D Audio.

The PS5 outputs PCM which is why this didn't work in the past.

For Atmos to work and work well the PS5 has to translate the object based 3D audio to Atmos, which in theory shouldn't be hard. Instead of simulating where the audio should be, it can tell Atmos speakers to play in the appropriate speaker.

The biggest problem is likely to be games that don't use objects above very much.

This really needed to be a day 1 thing. I hope we get games that officially support Atmos rather than just a conversion from Tempest 3D Audio.
I think if anyone will do it it'll be Naught Dog, Sucker Punch or Insomniac. Spiderman with Atmos would be really cool while swinging around. And if The Last of Us gets it it'll sound better than any other game. (It already does)

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just not on PS5. So we'll need devs to step this up across systems. I'll be testing the atmos conversion later today assuming I get the beta email and I'll create a thread to report on findings.
They’ll just need a patch for the PS5 version. It’s not a big deal.

Midn1ght

Mute PS5 beep sound. You can now mute or adjust the volume of the PS5’s beep sound when turning it on or off, or putting it in rest mode.

The amount of eyes rolling in disappointment from wives and girlfriends alone in their beds at night is about to significantly go down.

Thanks Jimbo.

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

sainraja

I like the feature they are adding that allows us to use two controllers as one. It can help us introduce gaming to those who have trouble with controllers.

Kindjal

I'd really appreciate if anyone could lend me a code, please 🙏
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Got one, thank you all!

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Are there limitations on what the second controller has to be? For example, could you hook up a flight stick or steering wheel lol? Could you use a regular controller and then also map functions to the steering wheel pedals? Just curious how flexible it is.

Yup I said in one of these threads a few months back I woner if Sony would update the PS5 to support Dolby Vision because of the new qdoled launching in September that supports Dolby vision gaming and I think today we got our answer

Tommi84

The quietest beep is ideal. Barelly audible, but still heard. The coil in my PS5 is louder. In comparison, the standard volume is REALLY LOUD.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Dolby Atmos definitely sounds different to the PCM option.
Interesting 🤔

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Muting the on/off sound is a must! It sends a signal to my wife’s sleeping body to look at me. It’s so loud and annoying at 1:30 am. I’m glad they joined team Xbox with this feature.

I got it now. My PS5 is in a whole different room that my wife barely uses or is ever in, so this was never an issue for me. But I see why yall hate it now lol.

Top Bottom