• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia Remake Appears Online for PS4 and Nintendo Switch

sublimit

Banned
PoP-Remake-Listing_08-19-20.jpg

Guatemalan retailer MAX has listed a “Prince of Persia Remake” for PlayStation 4 and Switch with a November release window.

Bloomberg video game reporter Jason Schreier retweeted the leak with the comment, “Video game retailers sure love leaking Ubisoft’s surprise announcements,” suggesting the remake is real. Scherier has accurately leaked detailed information on Ubisoft titles in the past. When a user tweeted, “I don’t believe it’s true,” Schreier responded, “This tweet won’t age well.”

Given that this is a Ubisoft title, is likely that if this remake exists, it will also be available for Xbox One and PC, and possibly even PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

GrayFoxPL

Isn't this just HD remaster of 3 ps2 games that was on PS3?

Sands of Times, Warrior Within and Two Thrones?

Kuranghi

Please! Be like The Forgotten Sands, such a good game!

PossibleAntiqueAmericanriverotter-size_restricted.gif

Christ I feel like I'm getting old because I thought of the 1989 original first, then saw your post, but its just the sheer amount of reboots this game has had haha.

This is directed at everyone in the thread: So is this a remake of the 1989 original? The 1st in the SoT tri(quad)rilogy? The 2008 reboot? Or the latest (4th) one in the SoT series?

I hope they make a frankenstein with a refined version of the combat/bosses from the 2008 reboot (keep/refine that art style), add small baddies, and keep the open structure. They MUST be getting ideas from BotWs climb anywhere, I know it has to have structure but maybe some sort of hybrid where its more open, imagine just seeing a giant Tomb Raider 1/Anniversary style column-shaped room and being told to climb to the top and there isn't an obvious path, that would be pretty cool, although I understand if someone would push back on that and say its about seeing the path and then completing the "lines", I think it could be amazing though.

Lets brainstorm some mad shite.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Just began a new PoP 2008 playthrough, how I missed these games...

I tried this on PC a couple of years ago but had ENDLESS technical issues that caused weird screen tearing, stuttering (like total madness, not just nitpicking "it has one slightly longer frame every few seconds which causes a wee jump", it was unplayable) and the settings don't save in the launcher so I had to use a mod which altered the ini's.

Are you on console? I just really wanted to play it at 4K60. When it was working it looking FUCKING gorgeous.

Just talking about it makes me want to jump back in. *looks over at Days Gone* damn lol.

Aion002

Christ I feel like I'm getting old because I thought of the 1989 original first, then saw your post, but its just the sheer amount of reboots this game has had haha.

This is directed at everyone in the thread: So is this a remake of the 1989 original? The 1st in the SoT tri(quad)rilogy? The 2008 reboot? Or the latest (4th) one in the SoT series?

I hope they make a frankenstein with a refined version of the combat/bosses from the 2008 reboot (keep/refine that art style), add small baddies, and keep the open structure. They MUST be getting ideas from BotWs climb anywhere, I know it has to have structure but maybe some sort of hybrid where its more open, imagine just seeing a giant Tomb Raider 1/Anniversary style column-shaped room and being told to climb to the top and there isn't an obvious path, that would be pretty cool, although I understand if someone would push back on that and say its about seeing the path and then completing the "lines", I think it could be amazing though.

Lets brainstorm some mad shite.
I hope that they get the best parts of each game and makes an amazing one.

However, I am really scared if they go to the gaas thingie... PoP deserves better. :messenger_anxious:

sublimit

Banned
It will be interesting if this remake revives the series. It would be even more interesting if a new Prince of Persia actually follows and innovates the gameplay and atmosphere of the older Assassin's Creed games (before Assassin's Creed 3).

Fbh

That'd be nice.

And the fact they are listing Switch gives me hope it might be good and not just some POP version of the generic ubisoft open world™ formula

zweifuss

Please don't let it be a port of the PS3 HD-trilogy... that one had major issues. I always wished they remade the first 3 SOT games with the Forgotten Sands engine, that would have been good enough for me. Although nowadays even the Forgotten Sands looks a bit long in the tooth.

Javthusiast

Banned
Bluepoint style complete remake overhaul would be the best. I doubt it will be that good though.

Nonetheless the PoP trilogy was fantastic and I wanna play it again.

Mhmmm 2077

Remake of which one though?! Doesn't matter, I really wish we got a decent Prince of Persia game, but I doubt that Ubisoft is still capable of delivering that.

Matsuchezz

I really enjoyed the one is cell shaded, the art on that one was beutiful, I played the other ones, but that is the one i remember the most. And I loved the ending.

JonnyMP3

I was hoping for a brand new Prince of Persia game using the SSDs of this generation, but if this remake does well, maybe Ubisoft will consider doing a new one.

Bog

Junior Ace
That’s the same font as the 2008 logo. I’d be all for bringing that game back. Just add the ability to actually die.

thelastword

Banned
I hope they are real remakes and not remasters. Ubisoft is always scaling the lines with their messaging........Just like they said some of their AC games were 4K around the series X launch...

Humdinger

Ubi is having a show in September, so maybe they'll reveal it then.

I never played any of the originals, but I'd be up for a remake. I didn't like this style of game back when they were being made, but I grew to like them more over time.

Top Bottom