• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Trickster

Could someone tell me if there are multiple endings in the game, and if skilling up psi abilities has any impact on that?

whyman

Could someone tell me if there are multiple endings in the game, and if skilling up psi abilities has any impact on that?

Yes and yes
but I wouldnt be too worried about it.
But a lot of things matter, even if the payoff at the end is small.

Morgan Yu like:
"friend asked me why I always carry a weapon on me, and I replied, never know if I need to shoot a toaster trying to kill me. I laughed, she laughed, trashcan laughed, shot the trashcan, it was good times."

but yo, the PC version got controller support???

Nabs

Morgan Yu like:
"friend asked me why I always carry a weapon on me, and I replied, never know if I need to shoot a toaster trying to kill me. I laughed, she laughed, trashcan laughed, shot the trashcan, it was good times."

but yo, the PC version got controller support???

It has regular controller support and Steam Controller support (once you enable it in the menu). Steam Controller support also extends to DS4/XB1 and will get you DS4 prompts if you use that.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Apparently I played two hours of this blackout drunk last night. Have no idea where I am in this save, think Im just gonna load my last save where I know where I was.

Any tips for the sidequest in the Arboretum where
the people are trapped in the greenhouse? Can't seem to down the Telepath before the person dies.
Cool to see how others did it. I activated the sprinkler system which forces the beastie to float outside then I just shotgunned it.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Apparently I played two hours of this blackout drunk last night. Have no idea where I am in this save, think Im just gonna load my last save where I know where I was.

Lol!! This happened to me so often when i still drank back in the days. Wasted (literally) hours on playing games on boost and wake up the next day to completely forget what the hell i have played..

Btw, question:

I just entered psytronics lab by story progression but is there a way to enter it before the story takes you there?

Acorn

Yeah its pretty bad. Its because all Arkane did was changing the deadzone. The input lag was never fixed.
Thank you, I couldn't work out why it was drifting only on prey and was questioning my sanity thinking I was imagining my character was slowly moving forward.

It's really, really annoying.

Starting to get super turned around with all of the objectives and the map design. I think I might just focus on the main stuff and leave the sidequests for another playthrough, because having all of them active gets extremely confusing for me.

Here's how I spend most of my time in Prey

ifhukxj.gif

I am quite surprised how long it takes before you get that special ability, I'll spoiler tag it to be sure....
The ability that you can basically be a Mimic as well. Trailers showed it plenty.

Or I am just an incredibly big slow poke. Lol.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Starting to get super turned around with all of the objectives and the map design. I think I might just focus on the main stuff and leave the sidequests for another playthrough, because having all of them active gets extremely confusing for me.

Why not deactivate all quests except the one you want to follow? Thats the way i play it.

I am quite surprised how long it takes before you get that special ability, I'll spoiler tag it to be sure....
The ability that you can basically be a Mimic as well. Trailers showed it plenty.

Or I am just an incredibly big slow poke. Lol.

I played for 7 hours now and still have not unlocked it lol

I'm in Psychotronics right now.

Am I not supposed to be able to beat the fucker that comes out of the live test area? Because jesus fucking christ what are you even supposed to do? Planting recycler charges doesn't do anything. Planting EMP charges doesn't do anything (I'm not sure why I thought this would help but whatever). Gloo gun can't be used because of the EMP discharges coming off the guy. Shotgun doesn't reload fast enough to murder it before all my health and armor is gone. What am I supposed to do here?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Okay someone tell me how to get to Josh Dalton. I'm in the GUTS but his marker is like, outside of the map or something.

Foxxsoxx

Okay someone tell me how to get to Josh Dalton. I'm in the GUTS but his marker is like, outside of the map or something.

There is a small clearance under the big black pipe.There is a little nook you get under that leads to a dead end.

On the map he should be on the very left.

Am I not supposed to be able to beat the fucker that comes out of the live test area? Because jesus fucking christ what are you even supposed to do? Planting recycler charges doesn't do anything. Planting EMP charges doesn't do anything (I'm not sure why I thought this would help but whatever). Gloo gun can't be used because of the EMP discharges coming off the guy. Shotgun doesn't reload fast enough to murder it before all my health and armor is gone. What am I supposed to do here?
I beat it in about 40 seconds.
Turret + Kinetic power + shotgun

SomTervo

Wait, you can Fabricate stuff straight up, no need to process it first?

So processing is just for inventory space/efficiency?

ymgve

Can someone help me with the Missing Engineer side quest? It's Jean Faure. I can see where she is, but there is a locked gate and I can't find any way to open it. I tried Remote Manipulation and it's still locked.

Just had a problem with this too. My solution was
using the level 3 Mimic skill, which allows you to mimic those flying bots, and then you can just fly straight up there
. From the inside of the area, I don't see any other accessible way. Disappointed that they made that area require a specific power, in a game where you otherwise have so much freedom.

Foxxsoxx

Wait, you can Fabricate stuff straight up, no need to process it first?

So processing is just for inventory space/efficiency?

Recycling makes ingredients and fabricating creates from those materials.

Get used to it early because you'll be doing it a ton.

Not sure if that was the answer you were looking for.

Why not deactivate all quests except the one you want to follow? Thats the way i play it.

I played for 7 hours now and still have not unlocked it lol

If my ingame counter is correct and also doesn't count when instant on is enabled I have spent 20 hours so far and judging by some comments here I still have lots to do. Then again I do take my time with everything,explore every spot and never rush.

Just now I got a prompt from the game telling me I should use combos to attack my enemies and it mentioned Psychoshock. Someone here spoke about that earlier but I assume I have yet to get this power/ability?

It's the Deadly Combos tutorial that tells me this BTW.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There is a small clearance under the big black pipe.There is a little nook you get under that leads to a dead end.

On the map he should be on the very left.

I just found a gap between the wall and the pipe near a storage box and I can see the guy floating just past it but I can't squeeze through.

edit: nvm found the entrance

Anno

I giggle like a child every time I push the big recycle button and all the cubes tumble out of the machine. It's very satisfying for some reason.

I beat it in about 40 seconds.
Turret + Kinetic power + shotgun

I ended up
just throwing my recycler charges at it instead of planting them and trying to be all sneaky. THAT worked.
I still can't decide if
you're really supposed to take advantage of all those Typhon powers or if there will be dire consequences down the road
so for now I'm not using them.

SomTervo

Recycling makes ingredients and fabricating creates from those materials.

Get used to it early because you'll be doing it a ton.

No, i understand that. I'm saying you can Fabricate with materials you haven't Recycled?

The Fabricator was like "you have all ingredients" then i ate some food to clear inventory space and suddenly the Fabricator was like "you no longer have the right materials"

Foxxsoxx

No, i understand that. I'm saying you can Fabricate with materials you haven't Recycled?

The Fabricator was like "you have all ingredients" then i ate some food to clear inventory space and suddenly the Fabricator was like "you no longer have the right materials"

I don't believe that is how it works. You might have accidently grabbed a material from the slots which causes that.

munroe

Holy shit this jumpscare man,
fuck the green dot and the phantom that got me really well.

That bit got me as well, I've not encountered many jump scares but that one definitely got me!

Am I not supposed to be able to beat the fucker that comes out of the live test area? Because jesus fucking christ what are you even supposed to do? Planting recycler charges doesn't do anything. Planting EMP charges doesn't do anything (I'm not sure why I thought this would help but whatever). Gloo gun wcan't be used because of the EMP discharges coming off the guy. Shotgun doesn't reload fast enough to murder it before all my health and armor is gone. What am I supposed to do here?

Managed to kill it with 3 shotgun blasts. Have you spent any weapon upgrades? Also that psycho grenade should temporarily disable its powers

Alucrid

Banned
wondering if anyone knows how to get to these npcs

need to kill 'em.

Danielle Sho - don't think i ever met her face to face throughout the quest line. do i have to use a power when you first meet her through the glass?

Harley Grainger - these four are in the IT supply closet...have looked high and low and can't find the keycard for it anywhere.
Maxine Ford
Richard Coveney
Steve Folson

shiba5

Just had a problem with this too. My solution was
using the level 3 Mimic skill, which allows you to mimic those flying bots, and then you can just fly straight up there
. From the inside of the area, I don't see any other accessible way. Disappointed that they made that area require a specific power, in a game where you otherwise have so much freedom.

Bummer. Maybe there's another way in, but I'll try the Mimic power if I can get more mods.

Top Bottom