• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Positive thread

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
hamster-cute.gif

Kurotri

When I was a kid, I had to walk back home from downtown, it's a 40 minute walk. There were no toilets around and I had to take a shit big time. I lost the battle shortly before I could enter the front door. Filled with immense regret, I phoned my mom and told her that I had shat my pants.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
tldr, I'm going through a rough patch in my life and don't want to dwell on things if I can help it. Please post something good that has happened to you, a comedy special, or even just cute animal stuff. Thanks

I got some dinner last night from my neighbour! Mistake Mistake about the dwelling; are these helping thought? If not try to make them so. Also. Good things are all around you.

Ducks make me laugh.

I act as if he affirming my thoughts lmao!

I got a bj while playing kingdom hearts back in high school

Yeah sure.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
tldr, I'm going through a rough patch in my life and don't want to dwell on things if I can help it. Please post something good that has happened to you, a comedy special, or even just cute animal stuff. Thanks
Night time never lasts forever. Things will get better, don't worry.

What day is your birthday?

Last edited:

Mistake

I understand. But your waiting for "that thing to happen" before you allow yourself better things.

How small they may are.

ATM it's seems you are trapped from having a positive experience until "the thing" is done.

Funnily enough it's quite similar to my situation atm.
Nah, I understand D Days like these... . I went through some court stuff a long time ago, and it was a big weight off my shoulders when it was done

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Jon jones vs stipe and jiri vs Alex pereira in 3 weeks. NBA season starts next week nhl season started this week I think. World Series coming up. Lot of nfl season left. Tyson fury vs ngannou next week. Scorseses film just released and spider man 2 and Super Mario wonder released. I assume new Mario kart tracks from the expansion is releasing soon too before the end of the year. We got a lot of good stuff coming up. Also if u like winter 🥶 and being out in the cold (I like it) that’s coming up too

Cyberpunkd

Went to get two vaccine shots, paid 20€.
Went to get an eye exam I booked yesterday, paid 0€.
Went to buy glasses with a prescription, paid 0€.

I hope you are not from the US...

Humdinger

Hearing about other people's successes and happiness generally just brings you further down, because you compare yourself to them. Upward comparisons or the Facebook effect.

Try downward comparisons instead. Think about this, for instance. Prior to 1800, the vast majority of people were in the peasant class. They worked all day, every day. No vacations; no breaks; no weekends. They did it for pennies, just enough to buy the essentials. They did that every day of their lives, until they died. That was their life.

Point is, hey, at least you're not them.

Raonak

Banned
I've been developing my pokemon-like card collecting game of 100 creatures that i've created that can fuse to create other creatures.
It feels like near completion, but feels like it needs something more to actually round out the experience.
I was also just loosing motivation for the project. I was aimlessly adding a story campaign, which was just a glorified tutorial.

But, this last weekend, I decided I decided to try something a bit different.
I an minigame which uses the monsters and the fusion mechanics in a standalone kinda way. - no deck building or battle engine.

And it turns out it's quite fun!
Fun enough that I kinda want to make it a standalone game completely divorced from my original game concept.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Scenario?

Observe your thoughts.

Are they helping?

Try to turn them into helping thoughts.

Helping or not helping thoughts will make you feel and thus act more positive or negative.

Top Bottom