• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular Third Party Game Franchises You've Never Played

What third party game franchises have you never played?

• Activision - Call of Duty

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Activision - Diablo

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • EA - FIFA

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • EA - The Sims

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • EA - Need for Speed

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • EA - Madden

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • EA - Battlefield

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • T2 - Grand Theft Auto

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • T2 - NBA 2K

Votes: 46 62.2%
  • T2 - Red Dead

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • T2 - Borderlands

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Capcom - Street Fighter

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Capcom - Monster Hunter

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • Capcom - Resident Evil

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Konami - Metal Gear

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Namco - Pac-man

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Warner - Lego

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Square - Tomb Raider

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Square - Final Fantasy

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Square - Dragon's Quest

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • UBI - Assassin's Creed

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • UBI - Tom Clancy

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Sega - Sonic

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Tetris

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Team 17 - Worms

Votes: 31 41.9%

• Total voters

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
(Multi votes votes allowed of course)

That Embarrassment thread gave me the idea to make this poll.

What big third party game franchises have you never played, or barely played? Rules in order to count:

1. You've never played the game franchise ever in any way

Or

2. You played it so little, it doesn't count. For example you might had dabbled with the game at a friend's house or tried a 10 minute demo download or a 20 year old PS sampler disc. That's not enough to count in my books.

Don't forget some games go back to the 80s where it started on NES or arcade.

I simply took the list from this wiki list and sorted it a bit. My list isn't perfect, but close enough.

List of best-selling video game franchises - Wikipedia

Kuranghi

Mine were Madden, NBA 2K, Monster Hunter & Tetris.

I'm not into modern Sports games and just haven't tried Monster Hunter yet but Tetris is my big weird one.

I've messed about in many different versions of Tetris but I've never actually completed a "level", let alone seen it through at even a low difficulty.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Warhammer. Who plays those?
At least in the 40k universe, Space Marine for the X360 was awesome!
space warhammer GIF

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Bummer it wasn't successful enough to warrant a sequel.
I think it was THQ that wasn't successful enough to fund a sequel. They took the profits from this game and sunk it into losers like the wii udraw tablet
s-l400.jpg

Despite launching the same time as gears 3 Space Marine beat company expectations for sales, but at this point THQ was looking for moon shots to save them from bankruptcy.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I haven't played 11 of those; and that's not counting franchises I've played for 2 mins on a demo or something (the sims, etc).

Mr Hyde

CoD, Halo, Battlefield, Tom Clancy, NBA, Madden, Borderlands.

Never had any interests in sports games or fps war games. Looks so incredibly boring and mundane. The bottom of the barrel when it comes to gaming if you ask me.

NahaNago

I really don't play a lot of western games. So the majority of EA on the list. I think I've only ever played one need for speed game. Never played anything from Take2 or battlefield. I've only played assassin creed origins and I don't think i've played a worms game.

I'm not into shooters, especially first person shooters, and I don't like sports games mostly.

Yoboman

Never played Borderlands. Looks so generic

Never played Madden as nobody cares about NFL outside the states

Why is Worms on the list?

Codes 208

Sports games aside I’ve never played metal gear (excluding reavengeance, but that’s essentially a different genre so I don’t count it.) or splinter cell for that matter.

I’m just not that into stealth games.

Codes 208

CoD, Halo, Battlefield, Tom Clancy, NBA, Madden, Borderlands.

Never had any interests in sports games or fps war games. Looks so incredibly boring and mundane. The bottom of the barrel when it comes to gaming if you ask me.
How is halo a third party game?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Activision I played none of their games other than Sekiro.
EA also played none their games other than Dead Space.
Ubisoft I only liked thier Child of Light and Mario + Rabbits
T2 None
Warner None

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I'm surprised at how many people haven't played Tetris. I'm pretty sure it's it can run on a toaster and has been published on everything.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Lots of items in that list and those I did, some I didn't touch them for long. There are soooo many games out in the wild for me that I laugh at the "only new games" cult in here lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Why is Worms on the list?
Somehow this series has sold 75 million copies.

WormsNovember 17, 199575 million[101]
Worms is a series of artillery tactical video games developed by British company Team17. In these games, small platoons of anthropomorphic worms battle each other across a deformable landscape with the objective being to become the sole surviving team. The games are noted for their cartoony animation and extensive use of surrealism and slapstick humour.

Yoboman

Somehow this series has sold 75 million copies.
WormsNovember 17, 199575 million[101]
Worms is a series of artillery tactical video games developed by British company Team17. In these games, small platoons of anthropomorphic worms battle each other across a deformable landscape with the objective being to become the sole surviving team. The games are noted for their cartoony animation and extensive use of surrealism and slapstick humour.

I think it’s one of those 90s - 2000s games that they basically gave away on school computers like lemmings and magic school bus, inflating numbers

Tschumi

I think the poll was uncalled for.

Gears of War, never played it. Fortnite, Overwatch and sundry... NBA games.. actually it's been a long time since i played MLB games on anything but Vita.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Never played any of these modern sports-ball iterations. Seems more scammy than mobile games.

Top Bottom