• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshHood

i was just thinking, wouldn't it be crazy for Sony to release the fourth installment of all their big exclusives in the same year?

launch in 2013 with new IPs, and in 2014 or 2015 release Uncharted 4, Killzone 4, and God of War 4. on PS4. wish they had one more to keep the theme of 4 going >_>

Ape Escape 4?
MotorStorm 4? Resistance 4?

sjay1994

I just read this entire thread.... it took me 5 hours

Oh man, even if PS4 doesn't appear on Feb 20th.... we will forever cherish this thread

Hanmik

I just read this entire thread.... it took me 5 hours

Oh man, even if PS4 doesn't appear on Feb 20th.... we will forever cherish this thread

READ...? is there something to read in here..? I just look at pictures .. some of them are even moving..

ibgwgznFNIv204.gif

OH MY GOD.

wizzbang

Banned
The gifs in this thread are utterly amazing and I've only read one page....

Can I just go on topic and state, for the record, for the 10'th time, please - for the love of fuck be region free, region free, region free. Pretty much everyone in the world gets fucked for game prices except the US, the PS3 was a godsend which took me from being a filthy pirate to actually having nearly 50 games. If games are priced from 20 to 60$ US, no worries - when they are region locked and 110$ AUD (at times) - (113$ US) that's kind of painful......

DieH@rd

Banned
Awesome gifs from past few pages!

SOME YOSHIDA LOVE

yosp.gif

ib0NEZqKJ6xPIt.gif

(note: it didn't happen in the interview; it's based on these tweets)

its sloppy cuz i got lazy 5% of the way into doing it
9Pq1hI0.gif

And the best one is without a doubt Mission Kazpossible 2!

Meanwhile at Microsoft HQ...
i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

Muitnorts

The gifs in this thread are utterly amazing and I've only read one page....

Can I just go on topic and state, for the record, for the 10'th time, please - for the love of fuck be region free, region free, region free. Pretty much everyone in the world gets fucked for game prices except the US, the PS3 was a godsend which took me from being a filthy pirate to actually having nearly 50 games. If games are priced from 20 to 60$ US, no worries - when they are region locked and 110$ AUD (at times) - (113$ US) that's kind of painful......

I don't think there's much reason to be worried about region locking right now. Every Sony console after PS2 has been region free.
But who knows... I didn't expect there to be a serious chance of either console blocking used games or having 'always on' DRM but it looks like that's happening for Durango at least.

wizzbang

Banned
I don't think there's much reason to be worried about region locking right now. Every Sony console after PS2 has been region free.
But who knows... I didn't expect there to be a serious chance of either console blocking used games or having 'always on' DRM but it looks like that's happening for Durango at least.

I could almost deal even with the locking to the console thing but not at the prices they try to drill us for on games here. 40 or 50$ a pop? Fine. I mean I'm a single player gamer already, I play most games only once or twice but get value for money (in my opinion anyhow)

Alienous

Nope can't watch it. He has the worst voice in the history of journalism, the slurring / terrible speech drives me to madness. How he got a job where his voice is involved baffles me beyond comprehension.

So you'd prefer an actor who has better comprehension, but knows nothing about games?

Shame.

We need links to all the gifs so far.

Tumblr has a gif sizelimit of apparently 2MB for a single GIF :/ However im yet to find a better alternative for the gallery that actually PLAYS all the GIFs simultaneously.

But yeah, if you've missed out, this account has most of the creations of this glorious thread of fate:

http://kazhiraiceo.tumblr.com/
and in that mosaic crazymode: http://tmv.proto.jp/#!/kazhiraiceo/random

Drencrom

Tumblr has a gif sizelimit of apparently 2MB for a single GIF :/ However im yet to find a better alternative for the gallery that actually PLAYS all the GIFs simultaneously.

But yeah, if you've missed out, this account has most of the creations of this glorious thread of fate:

http://kazhiraiceo.tumblr.com/
and in that mosaic crazymode: http://tmv.proto.jp/#!/kazhiraiceo/random

I'm saving the gifs and shops on minus (15MB sizelimit): http://min.us/mKazGAF

Some gifs like the TLOU one are too big though

yeah, its just a shame that in Minus you need to click them one by one.

Yeah, this is more of an archive thing

IMBored

I know what this meeting is all about.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in time demo out on EU PSN store february 20.

Really tough I hadn't noticed 20 was update day, sort of, any changes of seing some PSN trailers from the reveal that day?

Mikey Jr.

This is probably not a good question for this thread, but I was thinking about the PS4.

You think PS4 will have PS1 and PS2 emulation? Maybe not PS3 emu because of cell and blah blah, but at least PS2? That at least not sting too much when it comes to backwards compatibility if PS4 cant play PS3.

Alienous

This is probably not a good question for this thread, but I was thinking about the PS4.

You think PS4 will have PS1 and PS2 emulation? Maybe not PS3 emu because of cell and blah blah, but at least PS2? That at least not sting too much when it comes to backwards compatibility if PS4 cant play PS3.

People have suggested the use of Gaikai for emulation, so that the consoles would not need to be part of the box. So, perhaps?

Mikey Jr.

People have suggested the use of Gaikai for emulation, so that the consoles would not need to be part of the box. So, perhaps?

The problem with that is that I don't see Sony putting 1000+ games to be emulated by a system on Gaikai. Does not seem feasible.

Basic PS1 and PS2 emulation and Gaikai like you mentioned for PS3 seem like a much better alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom