• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ltsm9b1.gif

Forget Kevin Butler, Kaz should be Sony's official PlayStation mascot, Kazamania will sell PS4's.

Sony should have a commercial wherein Kaz is using all of their products (Kaz using an xperia phone, using a Vaio laptop at work, taking pictures using sony cybershots, playing a vita during plane rides/outdoors and then a ps3/4 at home).

Was there anything that indicated this price point? This is what will make or break Sony.

Japanese Newspaper Claims PlayStation 4 Will Cost About $400
In Japan, the console may cost around 40,000 Yen.
by Colin Moriarty FEBRUARY 6, 2013

Asahi Shimbun, one of Japan’s biggest newspapers, has run an interesting story – translated by The Verge -- indicating that the PlayStation 4 will cost over 40,000 Yen, or about $430.

The Verge puts this into context: PS3 cost approximately 60,000 Yen (nearly $650) in Japan when it launched in late 2006, and as we all know very well, it released at an outrageous $599 in the United States at that time.

So is this rumored price point good news? Yes, if it’s true. A 40,000 Yen price point in Japan indicates that PlayStation 4 may launch in the west at around $400, or $200 less than PS3 cost in 2006. However, this is all speculation; we hope to have plenty of hard facts following Sony’s event in New York City on February 20, which IGN will attend.

The newspaper report also indicates, according to The Verge, that the PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan and the US in 2013 (no mention of Europe indicates that the console won’t launch there until 2014) and that the DualShock 4 – or whatever it will be called – is “roughly the same shape” as the DualShock 3 currently used with the PlayStation 3.

We’ve reached out to Sony for official comment on Asahi Shimbun’s story, and will update when we hear back.

Copenap

Man, there are so many treasures in this thread and you guys just keep on delivering.

Is my avatar Kazifiable? Would appreciate!

Cesar

Banned
What?!

Also, I wonder if the Next Xbox version of this thread (probably coming in March) would be as awesome as this one in terms of shops and gifs.

Nah, I don't think the Xbox fans here are as crazy this.
And MS doesn't really have the perona's like Sony and Nintendo do, except maybe Balmer.

Piggus

What?!

Also, I wonder if the Next Xbox version of this thread (probably coming in March) would be as awesome as this one in terms of shops and gifs.

Not with all the negative rumors surrounding it. :p I think people are so excited for the PS4 because Sony has done a lot of things right in the past couple of years with PS3. Huge focus on first parties, great PSN games, PS+, no pay wall, etc. Meanwhile, people (especially me) are getting tired of some of MS's anti-consumer behavior. Making the the user pay for Live Gold just to use the web browser or Netflix? C'mon...

Do you guys all have full time jobs as gif makers? What the hell.

I know Wooden has all the time in the world, but damn! :p

WWR7izx.jpg

Oh god, I tried kazzing my avatar. It's just too creepy for me to use...

Muitnorts

Doubt it.

Reggie? Sure.
Kevin Butler? Sure.
Kaz Hirai? Sure.

Don? Maybe. A little.

I just don't see it. This is a bubble.

Man, a thread full of Don Mattrick gifs would freak me out more than Kazification ever could...
These gifs are making the wait a lot more fun though. Amazing work everyone!

Oh also, if anyone could Kaz up my avatar that would be amazing. I'm utterly useless when it comes to that.

maverick40

This is thread is definitly going to go down in history as one of the greatest threads of all time.

I hope the ps4 thread will be just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom