• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Becomes Hip, Gets its Own TikTok (********, *** ***!!!)

PS_TikTok-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

Sony joins the social media revolution with an official PlayStation TikTok account.
While Microsoft is busy revealing the new tech behind its upcoming Xbox Series X console, Sony is opting to expand its social media presence, it appears. Deciding to join the hip kids and adults, PlayStation now has its own TikTok.

TikTok, similar to the now-retired Vine, is made up of short-format videos that have served as the primordial ooze of many memes from the past year. This new account sets PlayStation up as the first to venture onto the platform. So far, they have only two videos posted. One being the announcement of “Hey, let’s make a TikTok” with the second being a Death Stranding spoof.

Sony’s approach to releasing any PS5 information has been…interesting. Previously, details have randomly dropped in articles at various online outlets, with little advance warning. I don’t feel like this TikTok account is a direct response to Microsoft’s recent new Xbox Series X info, but the timing is still a bit ironic.

It will be interesting to see how PlayStation ends up utilizing the new account. Will it be home to Sony’s attempt to create meme videos? Or will it be used primarily for teases of the PS5? Man, I really hope we don’t get random PS5 TikTeases (see what I did there?).

Whatever it ends up being, Sony likely needs to start talking about the PS5 a bit more soon. The MS hype-train is picking up a lot of steam with some really positive news recently coming out. A TikTok account and patent for a sweat-sensing controller aren’t exactly exciting for most PlayStation fans. It’s just sort of the frosting on top of a disappointing cake of news from Sony, after announcing their withdrawal from PAX Eastand GDC this year.

Kagey K

Banned
Can anyone explain me what the Fuck is tik tok?
A Chinese owned video meme site that all the kids are using. It used to be called Musical.ly where kids would upload videos of them lip synching to famous songs, but now it’s basically a vine replacement (with social media features)that is ingrained in all the kids.

It’s replacing FB, Insta, Twitter, Youtube for them.

Here is an example of some of their “finest” from this month

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Why's there a new app people flock to every month that does the same thing the previous app did? Are kids these days idiots?

How's this different from Instagram, or snap chat or whatever the hell comes out every month?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Why's there a new app people flock to every month that does the same thing the previous app did? Are kids these days idiots?

How's this different from Instagram, or snap chat or whatever the hell comes out every month?
It’s been around for a few years and only getting stronger. People are getting “famous” off it and it’s only growing. Instagram and Facebook are for old people. Snapchat is feeling the pinch from it too,

A bunch of parents need to wise up to it and start making videos so the kids don’t think it’s cool anymore. When it’s all dad jokes and bad dancing to popular music the kids will flee from it.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
A Chinese owned video meme site that all the kids are using. It used to be called Musical.ly where kids would upload videos of them lip synching to famous songs, but now it’s basically a vine replacement (with social media features)that is ingrained in all the kids.

It’s replacing FB, Insta, Twitter, Youtube for them.

Here is an example of some of their “finest” from this month

giphy.gif

Kagey K

Banned
I guess I'm really too old for this shit.
I feel the same. I can relate to my kids on so many levels, but when they try to make me watch these videos I just clue out.

It’s not funny, I can’t empathize and they are mostly fucking stupid.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

HolyTruth

Banned
@OP you forgot the following at the end of the thread title:

(/r/******, GET ITTTTTTTTT!!!!)

Social score -9000

Last edited:
Top Bottom