• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

I stopped when you get dumped on Pulse. The difficulty goes through the roof. I actually REALLY enjoyed it up to then too.

But...that's when the game really starts to pick up.

Read up on the battle system a little if you need to, its really not hard. Easily one of the best in any rpg.

People really want this pic? (Will probably cause more harm than good cuz it's nothing, lol).

We're dying dude. Waiting until Tuesday is like... painful. C'mon ;) We'll be able to make a new thread, and we can even name it after you! Actually we should! I remember when you leaked the original info and I was freaking out about it and no one I knew believed me or the leak.

I think it's time to lay down predictions for the unrevealed/unleaked characters. Who are we going for, guys?

Crash 'muthafuckin' Bandicoot - likeliehood 87%
Spyro the 'My Little' Dragon - likeliehood 68%
Kat (Miss Popular) and Dusty - likeliehood 87%
Cloud 'You Spiky-haired @#$!' Strife - likeliehood 75%
Claire 'Worst Birthday Ever' Farron - a promising 91%
Brave Fencer Musashi - a sturdy 85%
Altair/Ezio/Connor - a decent 79%
Jen 'obscure as all fuck' Tate - 45%
Tombi (why does no-one remember me?) - 60%
Solid/Old Snake - 55% (massive drop, c'mon guys, it's probably just gonna be Raiden)
Wander (and Agro) - a reasonable 75%
Isaac 'Haven't I been through enough?!' Clarke - 55%
Selvaria 'I would be God-Tier in this' Bles - 42%
Ryu 'a lot of people thought I was in it for a bit' from Ninja Gaiden - 60%
Katamari rep - 60%
Rayman - 65%
Sora - 55%
Mortal Kombat rep - 77%
Legend of Dragoon rep - 60%
Abe 'would make Itchy//Tasty very happy' from Oddworld - 49% :(
Translator-San - 5%
Jeff 'Chaos Theory' Goldblum - 1.6%

Ended up being horribly off-base the last time I did this post, so stay strong, Goldblum fans!

LuuKyK

I think it's time to lay down predictions for the unrevealed/unleaked characters. Who are we going for, guys?

Solid/Old Snake - 55% (massive drop, c'mon guys, it's probably just gonna be Raiden)
Katamari rep - 60%
Rayman - 65%
Sora - 55%
Mortal Kombat rep - 77%
Translator-San - 5%

Ended up being horribly off-base the last time I did this post, so stay strong, Goldblum fans!

Approved.

Also, I like how your predictions are precise. I mean, 1,6%. hahaha ;)

I think the mods will close it down a couple of hundred at most before the 20k mark. Database will start fucking up when a thread passes 20k, so if the thread moves fast, they'll close it down for safety reasons.

VV The First Lady flirted with you, who cares about hate?

Paul Gale

What pic? The one with the reflect on your eyes? Yes. At least its something.

I can guarantee you now that there is no reflection you'll see...lol, though I'm sure someone will make a fake pic of it all zoomed in and stuff. Aaaaah, maybe I'll put it up, but I know there'll be hate, regardless.

Shahed

Katamari rep - 60%
Rayman - 65%
Sora - 55%
Mortal Kombat rep - 77%
Translator-San - 5%

I object! No Kazuma Kiryu on the list? Blasphemy!

Saying that though, if we got Selvaria as a Sega rep instead, I'd be happy. In fact I'd prefer it over Kazuma since despite quite liking Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles makes Top 10 of the gen for me . He just makes more sense, and is more likely

Kat

Desmond

I just got to that point the other day and have been doing missions. The difficulty kind of evens itself out and you end up learning how to play a bit better (at least I did).

But you are so close to the end AND to the most enjoyable section of the game! Cant believe you stopped there. Just grind a bit more. And dont bother with the Guis yet. There is a benemoth walking around when you enter the steppe. Stalk him and gain the preemptive strike status. You can kill it in one stagger. Keep on doing it until you feel you are at a decent level. Then go to the end of the steppe and just attack the giant lion fighting with the benemoth and kill the benemoth first then the lion. They will give lots of XP. PROFIT!

That's not true at all. Actually, up until Pulse the game is pretty damn terrible I realized on a replay. Pulse is quite fun.

But...that's when the game really starts to pick up.

Read up on the battle system a little if you need to, its really not hard. Easily one of the best in any rpg.
Ok. Ok. I'll return to it soon-ish.

LuuKyK

Mmm technically all the percentages should add up to 100. So i dont really know what the percentages mean lol

I don't think they are meant to work like that there. They probably mean the percentage of chances the character have to be in the game, out of 100% for each. That's how I read it at least.

TheMink

I don't think they are meant to work like that there. They probably mean the percentage of chances the character have to be in the game, out of 100% for each. That's how I read it at least.

Nah thats wrong.

As an example lets say i have a 90% chance of winning something, that means i have a 10% chance of losing.
I cant also have an 80% chance of losing. Make sense?

Yes thats how bored i am that i want to explain that lol :p

EDIT: not wrong i guess, just not the way that normally works.

LuuKyK

Nah thats wrong.

As an example lets say i have a 90% chance of winning something, that means i have a 10% chance of losing.
I cant also have an 80% chance of losing. Make sense?

Yes thats how bored i am that i want to explain that lol :p

EDIT: not wrong i guess, just not the way that normally works.

Seriously. We are totally bored. Arguing over something like this. lol

Lol I wanna see the new OP I hate the fact that this threads OP hasn't been updated since the game was announced.. :/

The shit will be off the hook, same for my planned beta thread revamp which is also ready and waiting to be posted. Loud will update the OP plenty of times, it won't be neglected like a Vita.

Katamari rep - 60%
Rayman - 65%
Sora - 55%
Mortal Kombat rep - 77%
Translator-San - 5%

Hilarious

Shahed

Finished Jak 3! Quite enjoyed it. Renewed my interest in playing as Jak in PS All Stars.

Now to get all the precursor orbs for platinum. That's gonna be a grind like

Kat

LuuKyK

Do you have anything else you want to argue about? :p

Oh? There really is something related to a CERTAIN prophecy that I would like to argue about.

ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

TheMink

Oh? There really is something related to a CERTAIN prophecy that I would like to argue about.

ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

My prophecy says lightning will be there, isnt that what you want?? XD

We can argue about it if you want though :p

EDIT: also that gif is seriously one of the best ive seen.

Finished Jak 3! Quite enjoyed it. Renewed my interest in playing as Jak in PS All Stars.

Now to get all the precursor orbs for platinum. That's gonna be a grind like

Kat

Coincidentally I've been grinding through the last bit myself,
up to the point where I'm trying to take down that mech in the desert with the 14 weak points

I must say though, in retrospect, Jak is... a big letdown. I mean, in comparison to the original. Jak 1 was so fantastic and charming, but the last 2 have some incredibly poor mechanics:

Kat

I played Jak II last gen and loved it, but god did I hate playing through it again. The city is utter crap to navigate, and the shooting mechanics are clumsy. Jak III's vehicle sections continue the really junky mechanics with the floaty and silly desert driving. I am so disappointed that they diverted so much from something so wholesomely wonderful. It's really the shooting that turns me so off, and the GTA-inspired gameplay. I miss Jak 1's sense of adventure, platforming, and collecting. The beginning of Jak III was wonderful by the way, amazing platforming in a charmingly designed desert world. But oh man, did I begin to hate it when it slunk back to the Jak II style.

Kat

This has made me love Insomniac and Ratchet so much more. Ratchet is such a stronger franchise, the shooting is fantastic and Insomniac knew what they had and really flourished it. I love Jak 1, I love Jak, but I truly despise how shooter heavy he is, in both his game and now All Stars. If I see you playing as Jak, I will crush you with the awesomeness of Ratchet :)

Kat Kat Kat

TheMink

It is! I mean if it turns out to be FALSE.

THAT will lead to arguing. Sure.

joking. kinda.

I guess an arguement in that i will be arguing that i deserve to keep my head on my body and you will be swinging at me with a replica of lightnings gunblade :p

Know what could be cool? Having to play through Drake's story and uncovering the ancient world of the Precursors. It'd be cool if he discovers Jak's civilization that way. And then, when you play through Jak, you uncover the legend of an ancient warrior who saved the world in his time: Crash.

Shahed

Jak 1 was easily the best one for the reasons you listed. Jak II was simply frustrating. I didn't enjoy it at all. Jak 3 was fine though. They got a better balance between platforming and shooting compared to the second. Checkpoints were miles better

But I think the main reason I preferred it over II is it had more mission variety, and the weapons/powers different. Loved the second yellow gun that reflects. Jumping and shooting while spinning was hilarious. All these bullets flying all over the place and enemies didn't know what was going on. That never got old.

Kat

SSReborn

Coincidentally I've been grinding through the last bit myself,
up to the point where I'm trying to take down that mech in the desert with the 14 weak points

I must say though, in retrospect, Jak is... a big letdown. I mean, in comparison to the original. Jak 1 was so fantastic and charming, but the last 2 have some incredibly poor mechanics:

Kat

I played Jak II last gen and loved it, but god did I hate playing through it again. The city is utter crap to navigate, and the shooting mechanics are clumsy. Jak III's vehicle sections continue the really junky mechanics with the floaty and silly desert driving. I am so disappointed that they diverted so much from something so wholesomely wonderful. It's really the shooting that turns me so off, and the GTA-inspired gameplay. I miss Jak 1's sense of adventure, platforming, and collecting.

Kat

This has made me love Insomniac and Ratchet so much more. Ratchet is such a good franchise, the shooting is fantastic and Insomniac knew what they had and really flourished it. I love Jak 1, I love Jak, but I truly despise how shooter heavy he is, in both his game and now All Stars. If I see you playing as Jak, I will crush you with the awesomeness of Ratchet :)

Kat Kat Kat

I disagree about the shooting I love it but when I shoot in Jak i mix it with the melee which gives the shooting awesome effects. Like when you shoot the yellow gun that bounces bullets off walls and spin it will shoot a bunch in rapid succession and hit multiple enemies. I also like spinning and shooting the red gun and blasting off 2 shots in rapid succession also using the wastelander move. Basically what makes those games fun for me is the mix of shooting and melee and the effect it has on the shooting I hope that makes it into All Stars. Also near the end I got swept in the plot don't really care to much for the dessert driving though.

I agree about Jak 2 though I loved it when I was a kid I really couldn't stand navigating through that city now that I am older. I remember it being one of my favorite games too but that city navigation was so ughh... I had to watch the Jak and Daxter recap moving just to be prepare for the 3rd one because I really didn't want to play it again.

Jak 1 I love as well the collection aspect of it was alot more fun in that game it actually made me want to collect and do everything. I also loved that platforming in that game and the sense of explortation was much better as well. I like the Eco powers that Jak had and the effect they had on the gameplay and puzzle aspects.

GrayFoxPL

Know what could be cool? Having to play through Drake's story and uncovering the ancient world of the Precursors. It'd be cool if he discovers Jak's civilization that way. And then, when you play through Jak, you uncover the legend of an ancient warrior who saved the world in his time: Crash.
i9tyOUH1SKEdu.jpg

I really hope this game katapults its way to success. I'm worried about the potential of a katastrophical failure, but I think that as long as Sony advertises this right, the game will katch on. As a PlayStation gamer, it brings me joy to see all my favorite characters I grew up with duke it out, hearing their katchphrases, seeing their worlds mash with the world's of other characters... It's something that makes me quite happy.

It really is a great way to unite us as gamers-- whether we are Atheists, Hindus, or Katholics, we can all come together as gamers to enjoy PSA. (Kathelu is the real god, but whatever)

I hope non PlayStation gamers can come to realize that, through the differences, we all fall under the kategory of gamers, and I hope that they can give this game a fair shake. It may not kater to their expectations, but they need to be open minded to give this a chance. They may think that this game needs some katching up to do with the Nintendo counterpart, but like a katerpillar that turns into a butterfly, they need to just give this game an open minded chance.

KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT! WANDERER! KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT! MONICA! KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT! SPYRO! KAT! KAT! KAT! KAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom