• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet Coaster |OT| The Tycoon King is Dead, Long Live the Coaster King!

megasus

So with the announcement of Jurassic World - Evolution, how likely is it that we're going to see expansions like Soaked/Wiled for Planet Coaster?
In my understanding it's very likely that Jurassic World is build by the same people as PC.

So with the announcement of Jurassic World - Evolution, how likely is it that we're going to see expansions like Soaked/Wiled for Planet Coaster?
In my understanding it's very likely that Jurassic World is build by the same people as PC.

They're not going to keep a whole team around working on post-release content. I'm sure they have enough people working on it to make bigger expansions, according to Bo there'll be Planet Coaster news at Frontier Expo on Oct 7!

Wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal is licensed Jurassic Park content in Planet Coaster too, especially given the Back To The Future/Munsters/Knight Rider DLC; it seems like they have a deal with Universal.

Not really.

The more simple one is not haunted mansion sadly, it just a fairground haunted ride. I thought you could turn the vehicle whenever you wanted like the haunted mansion, but in reality only lets you make it spin like a crazy mouse.

The second more advance one looks like Mystic Manor and Symbolica, but is not trackless, what it does is what Indiana Jones car at Disneyland and Dinosaur car at Disneyworld do, were you can control yaw, roll and pitch of the vehicle.
You CAN make it do the same movements as Mystic Manor and Symbolica (basically turn around, etc, without touching the yaw and pitch), although going through the same track backwards, something that this rides do, is not possible here because you do have a track at the end of the day.

Been addicted to this game, is anyone still playing? Is there any DLC packs people recommend -- is this the right thread for it... haha.

Jimrpg

Finally picked this up. Oh my god it’s brilliant. Why didn’t this win a million game of the year awards?

Would have been my GOTY in hindsight but I picked it up this year. I still haven’t put as much time into it as I’d like (only 10hrs) but I already know it beats everything I played last year.

Been addicted to this game, is anyone still playing? Is there any DLC packs people recommend -- is this the right thread for it... haha.

There’s a spooky DLC pack with haunted house and that kind of stuff that’s just came out. Otherwise there’s so much stuff in steamworkshop anyway I doubt anyone would ever run out of content.

v1lla21

Buddy from gaf gifted the game to me for my birthday last week and I've been watching videos on tips and tricks to get started on building my parks lol

Some screens made by me (froma aprk im making right now) to show you dont only need to use the spooky DLC objects for spooky stuff and they are rpetty versatile:
latheater01j9rtk.jpg

latheater02z9q8g.jpg

latheater03yhr9a.jpg

latheater0514qi1.jpg

latheater06p2ou3.jpg

Finally picked this up. Oh my god it’s brilliant. Why didn’t this win a million game of the year awards?

Because its a "smaller" game at the end of the day.
Actually it should have been awarded every sound award made this year. It has probably one of the best sound designs in the whole industry, and even more when you think the game is a building sandbox where sounds needs to react in different ways depending of the inviroment.
A pittt games with worse sound design were awarded.

Would have been my GOTY in hindsight but I picked it up this year. I still haven’t put as much time into it as I’d like (only 10hrs) but I already know it beats everything I played last year.
1900 hors aprx here ;)

Buddy from gaf gifted the game to me for my birthday last week and I've been watching videos on tips and tricks to get started on building my parks lol

Good luck man, the game is great when you start to undertand how indepth the building system can be.

This looks cool as shit. I might have to get this soon.
Just so you are sure, the game is not the best at the management side and people loving it are people that want to build their own dream park. If thats what you are looking for, this will be your favourite game ever.

So on Staurday we are getting news about Planet Coaster Aniverssary update on the Frontier Expo.
And also new news about Jurassic World building park game (probably the first gameplay trailer) and a new Elite update.

It seems the anniversary update for planet oaster is going to be susbtantional and going to add a lot of QoL fixes to the game we have been requesting, probably the biggest update the game has yet received so im hyped.

Im going to the Expo (flying tomorrow to London) and wathing all that live, cant wait!

Yo HOLY FUCK at your detailing work.

SO MUCH THIS!

Thank you guys :D

ryan299

So on Staurday we are getting news about Planet Coaster Aniverssary update on the Frontier Expo.
And also new news about Jurassic World building park game (probably the first gameplay trailer) and a new Elite update.

It seems the anniversary update for planet oaster is going to be susbtantional and going to add a lot of QoL fixes to the game we have been requesting, probably the biggest update the game has yet received so im hyped.

Im going to the Expo (flying tomorrow to London) and wathing all that live, cant wait!

Thank you guys :D

Enjoy it. London is a blast.

This is the second time I made the mistake of placing the exit way at the other end for the tracked car ride. Makes the queue over an hour,because it takes like 2 minutes for them to exit. Would be an easy fix this time around if I hadn't already built around it with walls and terrain.

Stopped playing back in December, but I've been on a major kick with it this time around. I enjoyed it when it came out but enjoy it even more now than I've grown comfortable with building my own buildings. Aspects of building are still complex to me like why sometimes the building grid is super accurate and other times the grid is offset by a few feet. At that point do I have to do everything individually?

Also, let's see your guys pathways and plazas. I need some ideas to make better paths.

This is the second time I made the mistake of placing the exit way at the other end for the tracked car ride. Makes the queue over an hour,because it takes like 2 minutes for them to exit. Would be an easy fix this time around if I hadn't already built around it with walls and terrain.

Stopped playing back in December, but I've been on a major kick with it this time around. I enjoyed it when it came out but enjoy it even more now than I've grown comfortable with building my own buildings. Aspects of building are still complex to me like why sometimes the building grid is super accurate and other times the grid is offset by a few feet. At that point do I have to do everything individually?

Also, let's see your guys pathways and plazas. I need some ideas to make better paths.

This shouldnt be happening, can you show me a screen of what you are talking about.
The grid works officially as 4m, 2m as an option, and then with a special piece you can make it to 1m.
I dunno if you having the game in feet is what seems to be altering the gird.

Burny

Yup.
Another good idea is "fake" paths making them look bigger by covering them in roofs (or the castle windows trick).

I haven't been following PC at all. Has there ever been an explanation, why there is no "vector path tool", that would allow you to draw the outlines of paths freely using points and Bézier curves and then used the drawn shape as path once it's closed?

Looking at the tutorial, the game internally draws paths outlines with some form of vector representation, but only seems to give the player access to them using the path tool, which enforces its own "intelligence", resulting in a somewhat fickle experience.

Yup.
Another good idea is "fake" paths making them look bigger by covering them in roofs (or the castle windows trick).

Thanks guys! That really did help.

Question about the roof thing: I can't get it to raise and lower in small enough increments to do that fake path technique. Do I need to place a throwaway roof first to unlock the grid?

Edit: about my grid being off from earlier, I think it was a result of me not going through the "station grid" button. Like I said, got the game right as it released, played for 24 hours and was overwhelmed. Things are clicking now and I'm loving it.

I'm a long time coaster game fanatic, been playing since Theme Park, took part in the official RCT1 coaster contests and miss Danimation dearly. With that said, I wanted this to click at first, but it just wasn't. I think I was trying to play it like the oldies. I started a sandbox park once again and man, since it's clicked I've put like 40 hours into it in top of that 24 from last year. Awesome game. Needs some QoL improvements still, but ugh, building whatever I can think of is amazing to this long time coaster/park fanatic.

I was a big fan of roller coaster tycoon when I was younger. I bought this on Black Friday on special and tried to play it but I could not understand how to do anything. It is completely different to tycoon. Bad first impressions but I didn't give the game enough time yet. I bought myself a mouse for my laptop and will be going back to it soon.

Veggy

I picked it up today during steam sale (-75%)

Won't get a chance to play until Monday but I'm looking forward to it, not played a game like this since Theme Park (which I loved), for some reason I never got around to playing the Rollercoaster Tycoon games

Top Bottom