• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer may 2022 "we are in a disaster situation" "a gap of almost 16 months with no exclusives" "Our next big game launch is Redfall"

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Grammar police here but how much does this guy get paid ?
Their instead of using there, Pete peeve of mine.

JBaGm0s.gif

GymWolf

Ok i can't be the only one who think that this is a bit unfair and sad for M.

These leaks make them look like lost puppies, not even jabbing at them.

Was releasing private emails really necessary?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nah. They said they could get it for $50 million Day and Date. THey didnt do it because PC wouldnt land Day and Date.

Keep in mind these are also docs from way before the game(s) came out and before they started showing with Sony branding ads, so likely WB etc also had competing bids from Sony at the same time.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Yes because it exposes their lies made to their fans, to the media, to FTC, and likely to their third party partners who now include Sony and Nintendo after the Activision deal.

MS and especially Phil Spencer present themselves as good guy pro-consumer when these emails prove that they are anything but.

SlimySnake

Keep in mind these are also docs from way before the game(s) came out and before they started showing with Sony branding ads, so likely WB etc also had competing bids from Sony at the same time.
I understand nothing is free, but if your biggest game starfield misses the year then you should be able to spend $50 million on gotham knights. especially when you have 25 million subscribers.

Killjoy-NL

Yes because it exposes their lies made to their fans, to the media, to FTC, and likely to their third party partners who now include Sony and Nintendo after the Activision deal.

MS and especially Phil Spencer present themselves as good guy pro-consumer when these emails prove that they are anything but.
To think how many people got accused of being irrational Sony Ponies for even implying something like this being the case.

GymWolf

You think that the other 2 bigs are honest and pure because you don't read their private emails?

believe-unicorns.gif

GymWolf

they dont talk the WE LOVE GAMERZ nonsense Phil is always going on about. Thats the difference.

Also, i highly doubt Sony and NIntendo ever discussed buying microsoft.
That is not an answer but ok.

If you think that jimbo is a lesser, greedy, slimy piece of ceo i have a "we believe in generation" to sell you.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I mean, he's not wrong. He saw the bad situation and tried to take steps to correct it. Of course, being in that position in the first place was really on him, being head of Xbox. When he said that their last big game was Halo, and you figure that game failed, it really was a disaster scenario. He should have taken steps to prevent that failure after MCC happened but let the same team keep failing. It appears he was worried Redfall wasn't going to work out but had no contingency plan. Thing is all this already happened during Xbox One. None of these issues are new they're apparently just super slow learners.

tmlDan

Any other job, if a leak like this came out, they'd be fired on the spot to save face and build positive PR. There's been so much bad coming out of this im surprised Bond wasn't promoted and Phil fired for constant failures and promises he conveyed internally and now exposed externally

Last edited:

Allandor

If this email proves anything, than that Phil saw that they were off and need to do something to fix the situation.
He didn't do anything "mean" here. He just did his job.

It's quite common now to have your pronouns in your emails or write someone's pronouns.
Common for woketards yes. I’m so happy this darkest of phases of human civilization is finally coming to an end and people can be normal again.

Also if I have to hire anyone for my company and I see these pronouns I take a big berth from these applicants, because you know the second they enter your company everything will be about them and you have to walk on eggshells all the time if you don’t want to be sued anytime soon. They can do a shitty job and when you fire them for it they’ll sue for discrimination, some kind of phobia magic words, or other stupid reasons except for admitting they did a shitty job.

GymWolf

Jimbo is unapologetically greedy. He gives zero fucks.
And that is better for me as a final client becaaaaause?

I'm not a 14 years old guillable teenager that believes whatever pr talk phil spew off so in my eyes, both jimbo and phil are basically the same, jimbo just has the luck to work for sony and not microlol.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
And that is better for me as a final client becaaaaause?

I'm not a 14 years old guillable teenager that believes whatever pr talk phil spew off so in my eyes, both jimbo and phil are basically the same, jimbo just has the luck to work for sony and not microlol.
Do you want MS to be the only game in town? MS does.

Flutta

Banned
It's not about not discussing the leak, it's just a matter of clutter and redundancy. Half these threads are based on one sentence with barely anything to really add to it or talk about it. I just read the headline, then click ignore because I got the whole premise of the thread. But whatever, up to mods if they want to have 10 threads on it.
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

insanexer

What stands out to me about this email is the studios Microsoft acquired appear to be lying to Phil. When he states that he needs a realistic timeline of RELEASES, it just reveals that once the cash cow Microsoft acquired those studios they got comfortable and lazy. It seems they stated their games would be ready at XX date, only to push it back at the last moment.
I think there is a deeper issue here that just shows Phil really isn't in charge of the studios they acquired, which is why they end up with Redfall being their major release for a long while. Phil taking the proper steps to fix it is also masking his lack of control/involvement in Microsoft's game release portfolio.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member

Someone, or even more than one person, will get fired from this. FTC said in a tweet that the leak did not come from them. So even if I feel a little for them it seems that they brought it into themselves.

GymWolf

Do you want MS to be the only game in town? MS does.
We all know that that is never gonna happen so again, we hate them because they have heavy capitalistic intentions?

Do you really think that sony would not desire to be the only one who make videogames so you can only buy from them? They just don't have enough money power to even dream about doing that.

These multibillionaire companies are not our friends and they give 2 fucks about gamers.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
We all know that that is never gonna happen so again, we hate them because they have heavy capitalistic intentions?

Do you really think that sony would not desire to be the only one who make videogames so you can only buy from them? They just don't have enough money power to even dream about doing that.

These multibillionaire companies are not our friends and they give 2 fucks about gamers.
Trillion dollar companies in ms case. I don't know if Sony wants that or not. They haven't said. MS has. You can also continue to cheer on MS if your preference is cloud gaming and subs only. That's the future they clearly want.

SlimySnake

I mean, he's not wrong. He saw the bad situation and tried to take steps to correct it. Of course, being in that position in the first place was really on him, being head of Xbox. When he said that their last big game was Halo, and you figure that game failed, it really was a disaster scenario. He should have taken steps to prevent that failure after MCC happened but let the same team keep failing. It appears he was worried Redfall wasn't going to work out but had no contingency plan. Thing is all this already happened during Xbox One. None of these issues are new they're apparently just super slow learners.
Did he succeed though?

They didnt replace starfield with ANY AAA game last year. Not Gotham Knights, not Callisto. GK they couldve had for $50 but WB couldnt guaranteee a day one PC release so they bailed? What about the 20 million gamepass owners who got shafted out of starfield?

GymWolf

Trillion dollar companies in ms case. I don't know if Sony wants that or not. They haven't said. MS has. You can also continue to cheer on MS if your preference is cloud gaming and subs only. That's the future they clearly want.
Yep, i'm clearly an M fanboy because i think that none of the bigs are angels or because the threat of buying sony or N was so absurd that only moro...naive people could take it seriously for even a split second.

And yes, why would you even talk about that when you are not even remotely as rich to actually do that? They have other things to think about that can be actually done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom