• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PhantomL0rd(Twitch, youtuber) lies & claims home raided following DDoS that he set up

Macattk15

uhhh he showed a video on his phone with the cops being there. I don't know how that is a lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaeA43-U5kM

You mean he showed a video of "A COP" not a horde of them with automatic weapons pointed to his head.

There is NO way the SWAT team just showed up in his residential neighborhood in Glendale CA on a random phone call.

Why are you being such a butthurt PL fanboy? There is no way dozens of cops showed up at his house .... the police even said the same.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
You're the one who provided the link saying I should watch it! Show me the relevant part, or I'm just going to write you off as a troll.

This is the photo PhantomL0rd posted to support his claim of cops showing up at his house. I see one cop, and no reason to believe that he's there for him. I'm still calling BS on this guy.

1186724_583402791746540_475291662_n.png

Thanks, I'll try to look around there.

Er, there definitely was a video of the cops in his house interrupting a stream. I mean I guess the guy could have been wearing a fake cop uniform...

Tripon

So let me get this straight

1) You are accusing somebody of lying and scamming

2) you won't take the time to listen to the guy's defense.

3) You continue to accuse him.

I have looked at the evidence, and found it lacking. So yes, I am calling BS on the evidence he provided.

And it looks like the video he provided (why is it showing it though his phone and not directly uploaded the footage, WTF?) is the same stuff he provided on his facebook page, showing only the one officer and not the 15 cops arresting him.

Maybe he really is telling the truth, if he is, he's doing a terrible job of doing it.

Macattk15

Er, there definitely was a video of the cops in his house interrupting a stream. I mean I guess the guy could have been wearing a fake cop uniform...

Nope.

I was watching the stream live over the course of the entire event. No cop ever appeared on his stream.

When the "cops showed up" he put his "Phantomlord" background up as the stream and it stayed that way until twitch turned the stream off.

Ponn

Banned
if it was a major call with that much police response there would be some sort of local news blurb from that day. This whole thing reads like really bad fanfic,

Like I said before. Only an IDIOT would risk his career over a one time stunt in which he gains very little out of it. O congrats you got a bunch of subbers... that will cancel their sub. O congrats you got all that CPM...o wait you just got banned from twich.

Its stupid risky as fuck for a one time gig. He is big enough already. He is a bigger streamer that some of the pro LoL players.

Tripon

There's a difference between being arrested and booked which than there would be a public record of a police report opposed to being detained and questioned. Oh let me guess cops never lie either huh ?

I'm not even sure what you're questioning here. Are you saying that this isn't a case of swatting like you're originally claiming, or the cops are just lying?

Why would both the LAPD or Glendale police lie about the same thing?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn

Buzzati

Banned
So let me get this straight

1) You are accusing somebody of lying and scamming

2) you won't take the time to listen to the guy's defense.

3) You continue to accuse him.

Are you just being an idiot or do you just listen to one side of an argument only?

You must be in the denial stage of grieving for your $4.99 sub money. Twelve police officers and no public record. Twelve police officers and his stalwart display of evidence is a picture of a cop car and him showing vague cell-phone footage. Yeah, but keep calling other people idiots.

vilmer_

To anyone who is familiar with Twitch and the kids that run it, as well as the kids who are 'big streamers', this comes as no surprise. The first clue should've been when the guy actually started promoting the ddosers and telling the viewers to subscribe so they can ask them questions :LOL I'm sorry for those of you who actually paid $5, I really am.

Between "professional" Twitch streamers and YouTubers, I don't know who is worse. The amount of whoring yourself out for viewers and donations that goes on makes me cringe. But hey, it's an actual real job.

Macattk15

lol sorry I'm not a twitch streamer banana rider...idk these guys by name or look, just by what I get linked to from GAF

Well. When you're trying to correct someone who actually watched it while it happened, like some sort of twitch streamer know it all, I'd make sure you actually know what you're talking about while trying to do so.

/twitch streamer banana rider out

You must be in the denial stage of grieving for your $4.99 sub money. Twelve police officers and no public record. Twelve police officers and his stalwart display of evidence is a picture of a cop car and him showing vague cell-phone footage. Yeah, but keep calling other people idiots.

Nice jab. Its a good thing I don't sub, favorite, follow, comment on any of that shit. Nice try and even If I did, paypal is great with the whole cancellation thing. =D Also I would never sub a league of legends player.

Maybe you can try harder with the whole insult thing. You might do well with it some day.

And yes, PL is an idiot if he thinks a one time gig is worth risking his career over.

Macattk15

Least they are actually outside near his house. That part is at least true going off the Google Maps view.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...Rafael!5m2!1si8hyJVdIXN54dchKl3Kdsw!2e0&fid=5

Cop is parked right where the Neon is.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Well. When you're trying to correct someone who actually watched it while it happened, like some sort of twitch streamer know it all, I'd make sure you actually know what you're talking about while trying to do so.

/twitch streamer banana rider out

my b, my b...clearly out of my element here.

I'm not even sure what you're questioning here. Are you saying that this isn't a case of swatting like you're originally claiming, or the cops are just lying?

Why would both the LAPD or Glendale police lie about the same thing?

It could have happened and the cops are publicly denying it because of a current federal investigation because of the hacking or since the last swatting incident (justin bieber) I believe LAPD said they would no longer acknowledge swatting to the media . But maybe he was lying. I quote you because you because you claimed the police would never respond without proof of a hostage situation c'mon really ?

Dex815

When I said in the other thread that most probably this guy was also part of the DDoS (not active, but part of the problem at least) because his arguments were shit, and probably he did because of fame and money, lot of people said that nobody is as idiot to risk all his job and brand partners just for one time boost.

Whoever that thinks that just for a call to the police (even if it is about a hostages situation) will trigger a swat team breaking in a house with automatic guns, handcuff the guy and the guy using his phone to write a tweet from the police car... probably has seen many movies.

In all honesty, so what?

Did he do anything illegal? What should be his punishment? eSports drama is the lamest thing in the world and I'm someone that loves eSports.

"Twitch streamer uses unscrupulous methods to gain publicity! SHOCKING NEWS"

It's not esports drama, that's a whole nother kettle of fish.

Tripon

It could have happened and the cops are publicly denying it because of a current federal investigation because of the hacking or since the last swatting incident (justin bieber) I believe LAPD said they would no longer acknowledge swatting to the media . But maybe he was lying. I quote you because you because you claimed the police would never respond without proof of a hostage situation c'mon really ?

They wouldn't send over a dozen police officers without verifying a hostage situation, yes. That is what I'm saying.

Internets

Like I said before. Only an IDIOT would risk his career over a one time stunt in which he gains very little out of it. O congrats you got a bunch of subbers... that will cancel their sub. O congrats you got all that CPM...o wait you just got banned from twich.

Its stupid risky as fuck for a one time gig. He is big enough already. He is a bigger streamer that some of the pro LoL players.

Can you be so sure that PhantomL0rd ISN'T an idiot?

Macattk15

I'm not denying a cop or two showed up to his house.

There is zero chance an entire swat team with automatic weapons would mobilize and show up due to a random anonymous phone call of a hostage situation. I doubt the cops even handcuffed PL ... probably asked him some questions and maybe even asked to see inside the house.

Can you be so sure that PhantomL0rd ISN'T an idiot?

Thats the thing. I never said he was not an idiot. I'm just not going to judge a person off of limited information and I give people benefit of the doubt especially when it comes to making a logical decision.

oneils

The first article linked has what I think is a big mistake in it.

Vargas picked up 14,000 followers on Monday. That is what the social blade site shows. That is not the same thing as subscribers.

uhhh he showed a video on his phone with the cops being there. I don't know how that is a lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaeA43-U5kM

What is the timestamp for this? The video linked is about an hour long.

edit: at 30:30 it shows a one second clip of a cop with a notebook out. Not exactly proof of an arrest. The cop is outside. Not sure you can say this is any kind of evidence of an arrest.

I'm not denying a cop or two showed up to his house.

There is zero chance an entire swat team with automatic weapons would mobilize and show up due to a random anonymous phone call of a hostage situation. I doubt the cops even handcuffed PL ... probably asked him some questions and maybe even asked to see inside the house.

So if there is zero chance
Explain to me why swatting happened time after time ?

DarkFlow

Banned
There's no arrest report from either the LAPD, or Glendale police. His arrest would be a matter of public record.

At best, there were a couple of police officers talking to him about something, and we're not even sure that happened.

You don't have a arrest report if your not arrested. Also the LAPD is not in the habit of telling people what they do.

Rocket_Chips

Neo Member
You don't have a arrest report if your not arrested. Also the LAPD is not in the habit of telling people what they do.

Police reports are a thing, and there doesn't have to be an arrest for one.

Also, the LAPD doesn't have to hide shit about some script kiddy with braces, they hide systemic racism and corruption.

Omega

Banned
You're the one who provided the link saying I should watch it! Show me the relevant part, or I'm just going to write you off as a troll.

This is the photo PhantomL0rd posted to support his claim of cops showing up at his house. I see one cop, and no reason to believe that he's there for him. I'm still calling BS on this guy.

1186724_583402791746540_475291662_n.png

Thanks, I'll try to look around there.

why is it daylight out? honest question

I live in NY and this happened around 11pm I think. It gets dark around 5pm during the winter.

Buzzati

Banned

Police incident reports are just that, incident reports. It's not like the police only record arrests. Recovery of stolen items, reports of missing people, reports of suspicious persons, etc. That all goes on the record. The LAPD reserves the right to not comment on certain incidents, but they can't obfuscate truths. They flat-out said that nothing occurred. Why certain people give the benefit of the doubt to this streamer and not to the police department is beyond me.

Maddocks

Police incident reports are just that, incident reports. It's not like the police only record arrests. Recovery of stolen items, reports of missing people, reports of suspicious persons, etc. That all goes on the record. The LAPD reserves the right to not comment on certain incidents, but they can't obfuscate truths. They flat-out said that nothing occurred. Why certain people give the benefit of the doubt to this streamer and not to the police department is beyond me.

because they view the streamer as "one of us" while the police are "the evil corrupt man"

Macattk15

why is it daylight out? honest question

I live in NY and this happened around 11pm I think. It gets dark around 5pm during the winter.

If I recall it actually happened around 5pm EST which would make it 2pm over there in California where PL lives.

Omega

Banned
If I recall it actually happened around 5pm EST which would make it 2pm over there in California where PL lives.

was it really?

I thought it happened a lot later. I watched this happen and I usually don't get on twitch until around 10 unless there's a tournament going on

The sad thing is that he's walking away completely scotch-free. I think I'm done with Twitch. They clearly don't care.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
In all honesty, so what?

Did he do anything illegal? What should be his punishment? eSports drama is the lamest thing in the world and I'm someone that loves eSports.

"Twitch streamer uses unscrupulous methods to gain publicity! SHOCKING NEWS"

Pretty sure getting people to DDoS someone would be illegal.

Top Bottom