• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld Becomes the Biggest 3rd Party Game Pass Launch Ever - More than 7 Million Players

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

• Palworld has been played by more than 7M players on Xbox, and is the biggest 3rd party launch in Game Pass history.
  • Palworld is the most-played 3rd party day one release via cloud gaming with Game Pass Ultimate.
  • Palworld (Game Preview) is out now for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Windows PC, and is available with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.

Across console and Windows PC, Palworld has welcomed more than 7 million players, and has recently reached a peak of nearly 3 million daily active users on Xbox, making it the most-played game on our platforms at that time.

Speaking to Xbox Wire, CEO of developer Pocketpair, Takuro Mizobe, said: “The response from fans has been tremendous and it’s incredible to see the millions of players around the world enjoying Palworld. This is just the beginning for us and Palworld, and the feedback we’re gathering while in Game Preview will allow us to continue to improve the experience for Pal Tamers across all platforms.”

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Donald Trump GIF

Last edited:

GHG

Across console and Windows PC, Palworld has welcomed more than 7 million players, and has recently reached a peak of nearly 3 million daily active users on Xbox, making it the most-played game on our platforms at that time.

Are they including Steam here?

Those are insane numbers. especially the daily active users. I'm one of the 4 million who loaded it up and tried it out, but didn't get sucked in. This reminds me of how they were able to make a big deal out of having PUBG as a console exclusive for a while just because they allow pre-release games. Every once in a while they get huge hits out of nowhere like this.

GHG

It's almost 20 million players in what .. 2 weeks ?

Those are some marquee first party numbers right there.

Most publishers dream of releasing a game to this reception.

And that's entirely the problem. They sit there over thinking things in the boardroom along with a bunch of psychologists, micromanaging every aspect of every game, instead of letting developers just get creative and make something that they are passionate about.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'll try it in a few months. I just went ahead and bought it in case Nintendo nuked it from orbit. Launch price was pretty cheap.

Might just wait a year for the official launch if I have other stuff to play.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Good for them honestly. The game is fun, I can't see myself playing it for more than a couple more weeks, but it's provided a good decent time for me.

Should be a wake up call to Nintendo to do better.

Gideon

Holy shit, that's insane, hopefully they're gonna re-invest atleast 1/10th of the money into the game, it's got so much potential!

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Can Palworld be considered an Xbox console exclusive the same way BG3 was considered a PS exclusive?
BG3 was always going to be on Xbox. That’s the difference. I don’t think the developer of Palworld has said anything about bringing it to the PS5 or Switch.

Interfectum

The game is on a pretty steep downward trend on Steam right now... I wonder where the baseline will ultimately end up in a month or so. But holy shit, what a rags to riches story... these guys are set for life.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I wonder if Phil made the wrong decision in approaching this dev to bring this game to game pass, instead of SE to bring Visions of Mana.

twilo99

BG3 was always going to be on Xbox. That’s the difference. I don’t think the developer of Palworld has said anything about bringing it to the PS5 or Switch.

Right, but there is no way the devs won't bring this to all available platforms... I think it's just a matter of time but who knows. They are leaving a lot of money on the table if they don't..

Roxkis_ii

I really like Palworld (own it on steam) , but it rubs me the wrong way seeing Xbox try to attach themselves to this game's success when they didn't contribute to it in any way, and it would likely still be as popular without it being on gamepass.

One could probably argue the game likely lost sales because it was on gamepass. With the caveat that some of the lost sales could be countered to a degree, by people trying it on gamepass, then buying it on Steam.

spons

Gold Member
Xbox marketing is jumping on this shit at the moment. Lucky break for Game Pass as I doubt they expected this success when signing the game for the service.

Top Bottom