• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Freeman Luckey is trying to do virtual wall tech for the pentagon

Armaros

For a guy who has posted about 50,000 times about how people finding stuff offensive is chilling to free speech (including the last time you got banned for melodramatically crying that "this is how free speech died" when someone asked people not to use the word "retarded" as an insult), you seem pretty determined to be really offended that people are mean to you because you posted to deliberately stir the pot here.

But for what it's worth, if a poster said you could go fuck yourself, you should report it so we can deal with it rather than crucifying yourself in public and yelling about the radical regressive outrage left shutting down your rights or whatever.

Hard to get much more fragile then yelling about how everyone has a persecution complex because you feel persecuted.

I don't see an answer to my question in what they wrote.

Unless you think 'deal with it' means a pat on the back.

It was smart of Facebook to kick his ass out. The guy seems to have some sort of mental issues considering his behavior in the past. If that's what money does to a person, than I never want to be rich all of my life. I still feel bad that I made a speech about him during my freshmen year that details how he kick-started "mainstream" or modern VR, but I never knew he held these horrific beliefs. As for the snowflake above, his behavior is similar to many of Trump supporters. They justify supporting him and his buffoons by an impressive level of mental gymnastics. A sane person would never understand that type of people, and sadly it's permanent state of mind. Once you turn off the logical part of the brain to justify hate and bigotry, it's off for good. I don't even know why people bother with trying to convince these people otherwise.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"The left is so easily offended, stop being so PC"

"Fuck off"

"
WSxUbDs.gif
"

benjipwns

Banned
Most of his properties are registered to more than a half-dozen companies that can be traced to Mr. Luckey through public business records. Many of their names, like Fiendlord’s Keep, Black Omen and Wings of Time, relate to a video game called Chrono Trigger.
he's building the mammon machine isn't he

JordanN

Banned
tech bros continue top be the fucking worst

I wonder what drives these tech bros to go full right? Republicans are like the out of touch grandpa who has never used a computer before. They're the last people nerds should associate with.

At least Hillary has shown an interest in technology before that isn't just "tweeting nonsense at 3am".
HdgL0E2.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
The far left is at it again. Doesn't know how to have a conversation and get along. Very adversarial and contentious. Luckey is free to support who he wants. He can get called out for it sure, I can get called out for it sure. My right begin where every other posters end.

But I know what this forum is and where I find myself. It really is as bastion for the left. Some poster just said I could go fuck myself lol. How foolish of he/she.

This new start up sounds great, Thiel is investing in it and hopefully it really takes off. It's a shame for Palmer really. The perpetually offended and outrage brigade ran him off of Facebook.

I'm going to, for the sake of discussion, assume you actually want to talk about this.

Do you know why something like this bothers people? Out of curiosity and as a fun exercise for a discussion, it would be really cool if in your own words, you could try to as sincerely as possible describing what you think the reason for the 'outrage' would be in this specific case.

andymcc

Banned
The far left is at it again. Doesn't know how to have a conversation and get along. Very adversarial and contentious. Luckey is free to support who he wants. He can get called out for it sure, I can get called out for it sure. My right begin where every other posters end.

But I know what this forum is and where I find myself. It really is as bastion for the left. Some poster just said I could go fuck myself lol. How foolish of he/she.

This new start up sounds great, Thiel is investing in it and hopefully it really takes off. It's a shame for Palmer really. The perpetually offended and outrage brigade ran him off of Facebook.

Go find a new safe space, snowflake

Rayis

That's his girlfriend IIRC. She's a racist (though you won't find evidence of that any more).

Not just any racist either, she was a vile klanswoman level of racist, I will never forget reading her Twitter feed, it made me physically ill.

Absinthe

Yes, let his hatred and bigotry run freely so that good people can point and say "fuck you you piece of shit Palmer Luckey'

Yeah, cause fuck borders.. amirite?

I don't support Palmer due to his past transgressions but if he can help protect our borders then have at it.

Rayis

I don't support Palmer due to his past transgressions but if he can help protect our borders then have at it.

Please let us know how unprotected our borders are, I'm sure any person is able to cross them willy nilly.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm pretty sure that the poster can give two shits about being banned. He said what he had to say, and is standing by it. Maybe what Luckey is doing, affects him more than others.

Being upset doesn't mean the ToS no longer applies. There are ways to express disagreement without resorting​ to personal insults.

Being upset doesn't mean the ToS no longer applies. There are ways to express disagreement without resorting​ to personal insults.
Seems like the guy came in the thread with the intentions of starting something. His statement reads as so. I don't have a problem with either statement, but if I or someone close to me was directly affected by this wall thing/immigration issue, I would have probably stated the same.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I want this to be based on unsound science or an idea nowhere near fruition that Palmer is faking but trying to pass off as a real thing.

JordanN

Banned

You want to build a wall into space? Or around the ocean?

You can enter the United States by plane.

Absinthe

Please let us know how unprotected our borders are, I'm sure any person is able to cross them willy nilly.

Sure, let me Google that for you.

~1,574 per day in November 2016:

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/1574-day-border-officials-struggle-under-increasing-wave-illegal-migration

Or 47,214 for the month.

You want to build a wall into space? Or around the ocean?

You can enter the United States by plane.

The "Trump Wall", if that's what you're referring to, is a stupid idea and would be fiscally irresponsible. Not sure how you made that leap.

Well at least you aren't even hiding the fact that you are a scumbag Trump supporter.

Sure, let me Google that for you.

~1,574 per day in November 2016:

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/1574-day-border-officials-struggle-under-increasing-wave-illegal-migration

Or 47,214 for the month.

Hmm... Maybe there's a reason they're trying to leave? Maybe we should help these people if there are so many willing to risk their lives to enter the states?

Also, that's a giant fucking number that almost looks pulled out of someone's ass. I'd love to see some actual methodology.

Jebusman

Banned

The Media Research Center (MRC) is a politically conservative content analysis organization based in Reston, Virginia, founded in 1987 by activist L. Brent Bozell III.[1] Its stated mission is to "prove—through sound scientific research—that liberal bias in the media does exist and undermines traditional American values."[2]

hmmmmmm

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Ahem...

The perpetually offended is at it again. I'm sure Camerota meant no harm by saying this.
And this bit here is pretty ironic.

Someone, somewhere will always find something to complain about or feel offended about, then they'll go after your livelihood.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm sure "we're gonna build a virtual wall using sensors" would have really got the crowds going at those Trump rallies.

Absinthe

Protect them from what

I didn't know this needed explanation... You can read more about the concept of protecting a countries borders here:

https://www.dhs.gov/border-security

Or more generally here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border

So the numbers they got from Border Patrol are false then? Interesting.. Feel free to show me some other numbers.

It sounds me to like they are well-protected if they were able to catch so many of those people fleeing from misery.

What are you saying? Let them all in? Should we just incorporate Mexico as a new state? If that's the way you feel just say so.

Hmm... Maybe there's a reason they're trying to leave? Maybe we should help these people if there are so many willing to risk their lives to enter the states?

Also, that's a giant fucking number that almost looks pulled out of someone's ass. I'd love to see some actual methodology.

AFAIK It was the number reported by the Border Patrol officials.

Rayis

I didn't know this needed explanation... You can read more about the concept of protecting a countries borders here:

Or more generally here:

So the numbers they got from Border Patrol are false then? Interesting.. Feel free to show me some other numbers.

What are you saying? Let them all in? Should we just incorporate Mexico as a new state? If that's the way you feel just say so.

Nobody is fucking saying that, and you have a lot of balls to be so sarcastic as to post the fucking Wikipedia article for 'Border'.

Rayis

Or more generally here:

I honestly wouldn't mind letting those people in, since I know they're fleeing from horrifying conditions, but you said our borders needed protection which they already have in spades and I'm sure Trump will add more to make you happy.

Btw, those people aren't fleeing Mexico FYI.

Top Bottom