• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacific Drive - Release Date Trailer | Coming to PC and PlayStation 5 on February 22nd, 2024

Pacific Drive is coming to PC and PlayStation 5 on February 22nd, 2024.

Under the looming shadows of its exterior walls, the Olympic Exclusion Zone lies forgotten by most of the world. Experimental research and anomalous energies have transformed this once tranquil peninsula into a surreal, twisted landscape. Pacific Drive is a driving-survival adventure where you find yourself behind the wheel of a wood-paneled station wagon, and enough scrap metal to keep you going. Build tools, upgrade your garage, and search for a way out as you drive deeper into the Zone.

Features:

- Drive hard and keep your tools handy: repair your car, swap out parts, and gather useful materials
- Outrun the storm while facing strange perils in a world that shifts with every journey into the Zone
- Scavenge resources to craft new equipment for your car and build new stations in your garage
- Your car, your way - configure your wagon how you want, experimenting with different equipment to navigate a treacherous landscape, and look good doing it
- Unravel the mystery of the Olympic Exclusion Zone, an abandoned research site in an anomaly-filled version of the Pacific Northwest

For more information visit www.pacificdrivegame.com

Little Mac

Gold Member
entrance sup GIF

drotahorror

Still trying to piece together what the gameplay is like. I know you get parts to help build and maintain your car as you drive across a post apocalyptic world but how do you acquire those parts ? Are there monsters or other human npcs?

Lots of questions still. Glad its coming soon as it definitely intrigues me.

Last edited:
Very interested in this. Hope you can drive the car first person like they show in the trailer. Will buy it then.

Never mind just read the description. Unless it turns out shit I will buy it.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Yeah, this game *seems* very cool, and I want to customize my own tricked out station wagon and go discover weird shit, but I'm still gonna wait on reviews before I pull the trigger on this one.

tmlDan

I am watching Lirik play a preview build, game looks way better than i thought.

I'll def jump in on release

Shin-Ra

Looks great with INSIDE’s visual makeup – simplified textures and geometry layered with heavy atmospheric lighting and fog – but with a first person perspective and all the little interactive pieces in the world and car dashboard.

Can’t see a release date for the Deluxe Edition on Blu-ray yet.

Immersive sim with retro futuristic ghostbuster vehicle exploration and spooky isolationist vibe? Has my attention! I have crafting fatigue but it might not be so bad. It reminds me of Generation Zero which was a exploration & looting game with literally a Terminator theme / aesthetic, but I wanted more vehicle action in that, so this game might provide that. I almost thought it had an Outer Worlds feel to it as well, but it looks like there are no NPCs which imo is a good thing. One more game it reminds me of - Kona. Exploring wastelands is such a neat passtime.

Shin-Ra

This item will be released on April 9, 2024
Blu-ray version according to Amazon UK and US.

Pretty sure they had the same December 31st placeholder as everywhere else last time I checked.

Last edited:
i mostly dislike driving in games. that said, this game looks fucking amazing. a great idea that appears to have been very well executed...

drotahorror

Seems like it might be pretty cool even though it's not really up my alley genre-wise. People seem to be enjoying it, biggest complaints I've seen are UI and controls are cumbersome.

Game is cheap as hell so the price seems right. The best and only survival game I've enjoyed was Subnautica and have seen some comparisons to that.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Is this the one with the station wagon you have to craft parts onto so you can see how far you get before you break down?

bender

What time is it?
It's an interesting idea. I hope it doesn't suck.

There are some recent preview videos on Youtube and it looks like a super interesting take on the survival/craft'em-up genre. Your vehicle kind of sucks from the jump but performs better as you craft upgrades (off-road tires, etc.). Unfortunately, resource gathering and crafting do nothing for me so I'm not terribly interested. But credit where credit is due, it does seem to be putting a decent spin on the formula so you probably don't start the game off naked, gathering twigs to build a workbench like the slew of other games that get released every other day. Timing is unfortunate though as Palworld's shadow will probably be hard to escape for a while.

ReBurn

Gold Member
There are some recent preview videos on Youtube and it looks like a super interesting take on the survival/craft'em-up genre. Your vehicle kind of sucks from the jump but performs better as you craft upgrades (off-road tires, etc.). Unfortunately, resource gathering and crafting do nothing for me so I'm not terribly interested. But credit where credit is due, it does seem to be putting a decent spin on the formula so you probably don't start the game off naked, gathering twigs to build a workbench like the slew of other games that get released every other day. Timing is unfortunate though as Palworld's shadow will probably be hard to escape for a while.
I'm also not a huge fan of gathering resources in video games to craft stuff. It feels too much like work. I was kind of hoping that it would be one of those games where you get some sort of token currency for beating an objective and you could buy upgrades. I don't want to collect enough rubber plants to make my own tires or something.

Top Bottom