• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overlooked recent games

Now that the game flood is upon us, time for another round of Overlooked gems

What recent (last 6 months) games have been overlooked, or overshadowed by bigger name games?

What games are about to come out that have gotten little to no attention?

Post 'em here!

I've been playing through Call of Duty 2: Big Red One and it's great so far (10 of 13 missions complete). Obviously CoD2 on X360/PC is going to overshadow it, but it's a really quality game and has really excellent graphics and effects for an Xbox game. Also, the missions are really long and the pacing is great.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
GitarooMan said:
I've been playing through Call of Duty 2: Big Red One and it's great so far (10 of 13 missions complete). Obviously CoD2 on X360/PC is going to overshadow it, but it's a really quality game and has really excellent graphics and effects for an Xbox game. Also, the missions are really long and the pacing is great.

how is online? I have to say that the bit I played was really good. This game got the shaft by being the sequel to a real mediocre title.

Musashi Wins! said:
how is online? I have to say that the bit I played was really good. This game got the shaft by being the sequel to a real mediocre title.

I haven't done too much online, but I played a few deathmatches last week and they were pretty fun, nothing revolutionary though. Haven't been able to get on Live the last few days lately as I'm moving stuff around to get ready to set up the X360 to Live wirelessly.

Finest Hour does pale in comparison to this game, it's much, much better. If CoD 2 is actually much better than BRO, than I'm really looking forward to it.

Link1110

Maybe not here, but the general public hasn't been buying Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Come on, we need the sequels.

Unison

CoD2 is pretty awesome for what it is. The game probably warrant any replay and it's pretty short, but it's so heavily scripted that it's an intense blast from start to end.

201647433.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
jj984jj said:
OUENDAN!!
ouendan isn't overlooked.. just most people don't want to go through the trouble and expense of importing it.

but for the definitive answer to this question:

258692.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
borghe said:
ouendan isn't overlooked.. just most people don't want to go through the trouble and expense of importing it.

but for the definitive answer to this question:

258692.jpg
It didn't even sell 50K, it's overlooked by a lot of people.

Farmboy

callous said:
Pac 'n' Roll

QFT. At least it was overshadowed by DS-games which were even better (Castlevania, Advance Wars), but it deserved much better than the utterly wretched sales it received. Coulda used one of these during the drought (actually, we got one: Pac-Pix. Fun too. Didn't sell either).

Top Bottom