• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outcasted "insider" Dusk Golem: Silent Hill is still in dev, PS5 event first half of September

"RE8 turning great, but RE4 is in a worrying position."

tenor.gif

He's still a valid leaker, however.
You mean like that time he pretended Scorn (an indie game which is now coming to Xbox first) was a Sony First Party game?

As I've said hundreds of times, dude is 100% full of shit and always has been. Glad he's gone from GAF but unfortunately he's still got a retarded audience elsewhere

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
As I've said hundreds of times, dude is 100% full of shit and always has been. Glad he's gone from GAF but unfortunately he's still got a retarded audience elsewhere
I think he also said that RE3 Remake was a semi-open world with the metro system being a hub. As I said, I think he just repeats what he hears and he's at the very ass-end of a game of telephone, but his info on RE8 was 100% on point. So he clearly is in a position where he can have valid info from time to time.

SkylineRKR

He knew some stuff about RE8, but Silent Hill idk, now its September? And then, October>

I don't think SH is a thing, honestly.

GamerEDM

Banned
He knew some stuff about RE8, but Silent Hill idk, now its September? And then, October>

Silent hill never had a reveal date just that it was in development . September date is for PS5 event nothing to do with Silent hill.

Last edited:

Dr Kaneda

Do people take this liar seriously anymore? I'm honestly shocked it took this long for even a section of people to realise he's full of shit. Back when REmake2 was releasing he posted a lot of "insider" stuff that turned out to be utter bullshit. Fixed camera option (which was a photoshopped screen shot he took off /v/), Mercenaries, Ada DLC, Brad DLC/in the game etc.. he kept saying all of this would be in the game and none of it was true.

This man lies about CAPCOM stuff which he's supposed to be a closer insider of, so of course anything non-CAPCOM related is going to be 101% bullshit.

A lot of shit packed into one tweet. I find it hard to believe what this insider says after the crap he pulled not long ago. Still hoping Silent Hill is really a thing, though.

John Wick

DuskGolem making a fool of himself in an attempt to "even things up" between PS5 and XSX after Microsoft's recent fuck ups doesn't necesarilly mean that the information he gets from actual sources is not true.

Let's just wait and see what happens.
He clearly has a source at Capcom as he's nearly always right about them. It's obvious Sony will have to have a show soon as in next couple of weeks

MiguelItUp

Some of the stuff has stuck, but a lot of it hasn't. At this point I don't want to believe anything unless there's more proof. There's been too much flailing speculation over the past few months.

Geki-D

Banned

I think he doesn't know shit about SH. He's just repeating what KatharsisT says (she's the one who leaked SH, not DuskGolem) and he's heard -like all of us- the rumours of a Sony event in September. So he's putting 2 & 2 together. That's DuskGolem's MO; repeat what other leakers say, but louder.

As to how real SH is, KatharsisT doubled down today on it being real and that Toyama is directing. I don't know much about KatharsisT, apparently, she has some credibility. Though I don't think she's said anything about it being revealed in September.

cragarmi

I can believe a PS5 event is happening on September, and Sillent Hill has too much smoke to not be somewhat real
Exactly you dont have to be an 'insider' to work that one out! The event in september is a given, as they need to announce release date, launch games etc.. Also multiple people have hinted that there is a horror game in production at Sony Japan Studios. Whether it is Silent Hill though is up for debate. There have also been strong hints in the past that Konami was farming out their IPs. But 1+1 does not always =2.

Neff

His comments on Resi 4 remake, what is he getting at?

At a guess I'd say Capcom might be getting cold feet regarding remakes after the underwhelming reception to R3make.

Also, they're almost certainly keeping their ear to the ground regarding these leaks, and the overwhelming consensus seems to be that nobody actually wants a RE4 remake, due to the shared assumption that Capcom won't be able to match Mikami's classic, much less top it. They may be weighing up whether it's worth doing at all, because it's going to be a hugely expensive and complex project.

For me, regarding insiders, I don’t believe anything they say ever, no matter their track record. To me something is not happening into an official announcement is made. That is how I keep myself sane. Lol 😂.

ethomaz

Banned
He is losing credibility every time he talks about Silent Hills... it is the 4th time he says it will be announced lol
One time the broken clock will hit the target.

He seems to be seeking attention recently.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

At a guess I'd say Capcom might be getting cold feet regarding remakes after the underwhelming reception to R3make.

Also, they're almost certainly keeping their ear to the ground regarding these leaks, and the overwhelming consensus seems to be that nobody actually wants a RE4 remake, due to the shared assumption that Capcom won't be able to match Mikami's classic, much less top it. They may be weighing up whether it's worth doing at all, because it's going to be a hugely expensive and complex project.
Yeah it's an almost impossible task honestly

Like remaking Revolver or Pet Sounds it's an Inpossible task!

Top Bottom