• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

jzbluz

We're finally getting the otome heroines we deserve.

Oh, and since I like spreading despair - there's a route in Hakuoki that's longer than Hijikata's :p.

Enju surprised me, but I'm pretty early on Hanzou's route so she can still unsurprised me.

I barely made it through Hijikata's route; I made the mistake of leaving it for last and by the time I got to him I was so sick of Hakuoki.

Saphirax

Enju surprised me, but I'm pretty early on Hanzou's route so she can still unsurprised me.

I barely made it through Hijikata's route; I made the mistake of leaving it for last and by the time I got to him I was so sick of Hakuoki.

Enju is awesome. Especially in Hanzou's route - she gets the most character development there. Age difference aside, it's my favorite relationship in an otome game ever.

With 6 new routes and more scenarios, Hakuoki is one of the longest VNs in general. Should play another game inbetween to make it easier.

Wow, that's cool. Is it alright running on Vita? Some of the background stuff from the trailer look like they have a decent amount of effort to them.

Yeah! The vita version will of course be much simpler, the backgrounds won't be so crazy. But I should imagine most folks will be expecting this.

I'll definitely let you know. I don't know how long it'll take for me to get to the end of the game and see where's the cut-off considering the previous releases, but I'll share here.

Thank you thank you <3 As vague as possible if you can :'D

Broke down and bought Nightshade despite having Persona 5 and about 10 other VNs on my plate. I played a little bit and while I was initially in it for Hanzo (Tsuda Kenjiro <3<3<3) Gekkamaru and Kuroyuki are super cute too.

Hakuoki has the piracy disclaimer that all IFI games that hit Steam have, so that's something to look out for.

I wonder if they'll wait until after they get the PS4 version out.

Yeah! The vita version will of course be much simpler, the backgrounds won't be so crazy. But I should imagine most folks will be expecting this.

Yeah, I'd fully expect that and it's fine, I just wouldn't want it to be one of those "we thought it would run on Vita but it didn't so we scrapped it" situations =/

I wonder if they'll wait until after they get the PS4 version out.

Yeah, I'd fully expect that and it's fine, I just wouldn't want it to be one of those "we thought it would run on Vita but it didn't so we scrapped it" situations =/

Haha, that's fair considering what other companies have done, but we absolutely don't mention stuff unless we know we can do it. (Hence no release date or price announced yet).

I should probably pick up Nightshade but it's such a pain to play stuff on my PC versus the Vita...

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Get hype for the Code: Realize event this weekend, good folks. PS4 twin pack, the anime (probably of dubious quality...) and who knows what else. All the seiyuu are there and whatnot, I'm hoping for some additional fandiscy routes in the PS4 version at least.

ss-hikaru

Add me to the list of people surprised that Collar x Malice is next. I was expecting the Code: Realize fandisc first, then Bad Apple Wars with Collar x Malice last.

My renai game-loving Japanese friend says that Collar x Malice is her favourite so my expectations are kinda high... Keep hearing that the story is really good, to the point where my partner asked me to make note of whether he might like the story enough for him to play too :D

Aokage

News from the Code: Realize event that just ended has dropped.

The Code: Realize anime was formally announced. Begins airing in October; Cardia is played by Saori Hayami.

main-img.jpg

A Code: Realize musical was also announced; no specific details yet.

Unfortunately, no details regarding a game were on stage, other than the fact that a "new game" is coming. It's probably in reference to the PS4 collection, which may not be formally revealed until Aksys announces the fandisc's NA Vita release date at AX.

Shizuka

Just finished the normal route as well as Okita's on Hakuoki Kyoto Winds. There have been... A few errors, specifically lines that are omitted between a box, that shows they had to either add another box to fit everything, or rework the sentence. I've seen a few times and it's definitely distracting.

Saphirax

Just finished the normal route as well as Okita's on Hakuoki Kyoto Winds. There have been... A few errors, specifically lines that are omitted between a box, that shows they had to either add another box to fit everything, or rework the sentence. I've seen a few times and it's definitely distracting.

Ugh, as long as it's not too bad...

HOW BOUT THAT ROMANCE THO

jzbluz

I was looking at the Vita themes on the Japanese side, and PC (and Nightshade) has one. This has been mentioned before, but I really wish we could get some otome ones in the English PSN.

Shizuka

Does anyone know where I can find a guide for Hakuoki Kyoto Winds? Getting the new routes is proving a little difficult for me.

Saphirax

Aokage

Here's 4gamer's writeup on the Code: Realize Fantastic Party. The PS4 compilation now has a title, "Code&#65306;Realize &#65374;&#24425;&#34425;&#12398;&#33457;&#26463;&#65374;" or "Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~". No date, only "2017".

The big surprise was at the very end of the event. A new image of Lupin was shown, and an entirely new, third game was soft-announced with no platform or date.

I cannot imagine how the story could possibly continue, but... I'm not complaining.

Top Bottom