• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oscar Isaac to play solid snake in metal gear solid movie

mansoor1980

Gold Member
image-asset.jpeg

bale or urban wud have good IMO
but oscar looks the part and dude is a great actor

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

I can't believe there still hasn't been one undeniably awesome videogame movie, apart from the Super Mario Bros movie.

No faith in this project at all
Detective Pikachu and Sonic were both surprisingly good. Not sure if they crossover to great, but both caught me off guard, and were quite enjoyable. Leagues better than the shit that was RE and SMB. The best Mario movie is still The Wizard.

Nymphae

Banned
Detective Pikachu and Sonic were both surprisingly good. Not sure if they crossover to great, but both caught me off guard, and were quite enjoyable. Leagues better than the shit that was RE and SMB. The best Mario movie is still The Wizard.

The Wizard is cringe as fuck now but good nostalgia trip if you watched it when you were a kid.

Hinedorf

Banned
He's a fantastic actor but this is an action movie, sort of the way his role in Apocalypse kind of sucked because of the writing, an action movie doesn't really pull out his best assets.

Big fan of him but the casting is confusing to me

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Haven't seen him in anything other than the recent SW garbage, so hopefully it's not a good example of what we can expect from him.

Even though I don't think that he's a good choice due to him not looking like Solid Snake, I do think that he is a good actor. He's very versatile. Here is a clip of him from "Deus Ex Machina" followed by a series of clips of him from "Mojave"; note how different his performances are.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Good face fit. The only problem is that Snake has an incredibly iconic voice, and even the great Kiefer Sutherland couldn't quite live up to it.

If Isaac tries to do Hayter it'll be a disaster. Needs his own take.

Collin

Banned
Hollywood has often fucked up casting characters in adaptations, but not today. that's actually a great choice, Oscar Issac is a great actor, looks the part and is the right age. Check out him in Ex Machina if you want to see a really good performance. I'd have a tough time thinking of a different high profile actor right now who would fit better honestly.

Plus he actually has publicly said he's wanted to play snake in the past:

And he's hungout with Kojima:

1Q2g1XS.jpg

Perfect casting choice my friends.

Fbh

Not the first person to come to mind when thinking about the role, but it actually seems like a pretty good choice.
It also helps that he is a good actor.

Roufianos

This is cultural appropriation, he's not the right ethnicity.

Only kidding, he looks close enough to Snake and I think it bodes well for this film that it has the budget to bring in big names.

I love Isaac after nearly falling in love with him in Drive.

But he forever ruined Apocalypse for me, with his Dr Ooze turn as the Immortal mutant in X-Men: Apoc:

a4b0f710a908eced7c5793a85048da97efeb5265d074edfdf4483302e5d005bb2.jpg

He's about 5ft tall as well, Solid I had at about 6ft at least.

MastaKiiLA

People are excited for a video game movie?
It's a story-driven game. Like Uncharted, the studio seems to be giving it a chance to succeed. A-list actor onboard here. I'd like to assume a proven director will also be involved. That would be 2 pieces of the puzzle. A good script will also be important. The commitment to someone of Isaac's talent is reason to get hyped. Sony seems interested in actually making good video game films right now, as opposed to throwaway attempts, or making things unrelated to the source material. Detective Pikachu and Sonic went a safer route by fitting the characters into more familiar storylines. Uncharted and MGS films look like they're casting to adapt the game storylines into feature-length motion pictures. Probably not a great time to making films, but critical acclaim would trump box office sales right now. This is why I poo-poo'd the RE film, because it looks like the studio there doesn't have faith in the film being good.

MastaKiiLA

But he forever ruined Apocalypse for me, with his Dr Ooze turn as the Immortal mutant in X-Men: Apoc:

That was a terrible script, as evidenced by the Phoenix film that followed it. There's not much anyone could have done to save that film. Fassbender was also in Apolcalypse, as were McAvoy and Lawrence. The film stunk for reasons other than the acting.

Papacheeks

Banned

He didn't write the movie? He didn't design the look of Apocalypse. That was all singer.

SCB3

Wait wait wait

I just realised they're going straight to MGS, I mean for alot of us, myself included, it was the first MG game I played, but surely some of the story won't make sense without the context?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

longdi

Banned
idk, oscar with his sleepy eyes, dont feel like snake.
but he seems passionate about mgs, so i give him that. :messenger_ok:

Top Bottom