• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines |OT| Cursed for Life

Gu4n

The general store tends to rotate through items a lot (Also depending on how much you've upgraded it). I haven't seen any master key type items, but I have seen keys for dungeons being sold in the store (Along with the wooden tags for the cat dungeon, and a floodgate key for opening the dam in the Fuji Viewing Glade).
Huh, thanks for the tip. Found the red candle there, which should be helpful once I start exploring Runaways'. And yes, heirlooms is a thing I should've discovered before.

ramyeon

Man, keeping devotion levels up is such a pain. Having to constantly do the rite when the gods keep getting more expensive, on top of reviving Nueko constantly, makes me feel like I don't have enough time in the year to do everything I need to.

jzbluz

Where's Heptacolor's feast supposed to be? I've been looking everywhere. Supposedly, most people find it after the middle bath sequence but I have had no luck.

Man, keeping devotion levels up is such a pain. Having to constantly do the rite when the gods keep getting more expensive, on top of reviving Nueko constantly, makes me feel like I don't have enough time in the year to do everything I need to.

There's no deadline so you can postpone advancing the storyline and grind.

ramyeon

Where's Heptacolor's feast supposed to be? I've been looking everywhere. Supposedly, most people find it after the middle bath sequence but I have had no luck.

Yeah I know, but grinding means spending time which means clan members get old and need to reproduce. I guess it's just a bit of an annoyance. Died a second time around on the 4th feast boss since he starts spamming attacks when he gets low on health. Now to spend another year preparing again.

In case we are lucky enough to get the same pattern, mine was
Green -> Yellow -> Green -> Yellow

Trigger

Huh, thanks for the tip. Found the red candle there, which should be helpful once I start exploring Runaways'. And yes, heirlooms is a thing I should've discovered before.

Heirlooms are pretty awesome after a few generations. With everyone dying out quickly my heirlooms are the few things that stay getting stronger. It's pretty cool to be able to equip rookies and send them right out in the field with high level weapons.

Heirlooms are pretty awesome after a few generations. With everyone dying out quickly my heirlooms are the few things that stay getting stronger. It's pretty cool to be able to equip rookies and send them right out in the field with high level weapons.

I wish I could do that more easily. I'm trying to kill off my old generation on purpose so I can transfer heirlooms.

Trigger

I wish I could do that more easily. I'm trying to kill off my old generation on purpose so I can transfer heirlooms.

It's honestly not the most effective strategy but I've just been waiting until the last few months of my clan members' lives to mate. I hate having too many kids waiting in the wings. It would be nice if there was some other way to put some of the excess or older clan members to use.

Akuosa

Your characters that stay behind can "train" the new ones. For whatever benefit that gives you.
They increase their stats more than they would studying on their own, and it's the way to pass their secret arts (or whatever their name was) to the next generation.

Shouta

It's hella far in if you're into the 3rd feast or so. I've been trying to get to it on one month but no dice so far. Gonna take two months to get there for the next spin around.

I guess I'm lucky I never had to go to the Heptacolor for anything story related.

I just unlocked what seems to be the final dungeon.
Tackling both bosses on the Moon Stairway without going back to rest in-between was not wise.
Thankfully my archer carried me. With his heirloom plus secret skills, he deals so much single target damage than anyone else I have.

The floodgate key is being sold in the general store for 820,000 Ryo. Why? What does it unlock that is so valuable?

Seda

I guess I'm lucky I never had to go to the Heptacolor for anything story related.

I just unlocked what seems to be the final dungeon.
Tackling both bosses on the Moon Stairway without going back to rest in-between was not wise.
Thankfully my archer carried me. With his heirloom plus secret skills, he deals so much single target damage than anyone else I have.

The floodgate key is being sold in the general store for 820,000 Ryo. Why? What does it unlock that is so valuable?

You can actually get the floodgate key in the Dragon Falls Canyon using the Red Key. The floodgate key can then be used at Fuji Viewing glade, but as far as I can tell it just opens up a shortcut?

I'm still missing the Green Key which I think is at the Purrfection Cat dungeon, but I actually can't seem to go there right now. I wonder if I have to beat the boss at Kyoto to change up by travel destinations.

edit: I've bought two wooden tags from the shop. Occasionally the third one shows up there too but it's ludicrously expensive.

You can actually get the floodgate key in the Dragon Falls Canyon using the Red Key. The floodgate key can then be used at Fuji Viewing glade, but as far as I can tell it just opens up a shortcut?

I'm still missing the Green Key which I think is at the Purrfection Cat dungeon, but it actually can't seem to go there right now.

Most of the keys seem pretty pointless. They mostly aren't needed for the story and I haven't found anything worthwhile deep in dungeons other than mini-bosses. The items in treasure chests are underwhelming. I did just buy another symbol for the Purrfection dungeon from the store, so maybe I'll check that out.
edit: I've bought two wooden tags from the shop. Occasionally the third one shows up there too but it's ludicrously expensive.
The one I bought wasn't that expensive, so it's probably not that useful. I did just get the red key in the Moon Stairway, but I'm not sure how much point there would be to running through old dungeons looking for things.

Uthred

Do you only get one new job (at random) available after each festival or is it entirely random and I just havent happened to see any new ones?

Shouta

Do you only get one new job (at random) available after each festival or is it entirely random and I just havent happened to see any new ones?

Pretty sure it's random.

I'm only past the 2nd Festival and I got Lancer, Archer, and Wrecker in addition to my starting Martial Artist, Dancer, and Halberdier.

I still haven't got Martial Artist. It's the final class I'm missing and I think I unlocked the rest before finishing the 3rd festival.

Trigger

I don't have martial artist either, and I'm working towards my fourth festival. I saw item drop for it while visiting another player's region. Hopefully I can get it sooner than later.

Ohnonono

If you miss a festival because you either don't find it or you want to do other stuff does it just come again every year?

So about how long is this game? 20 dollars is a great price and I love the art style, but I haven't heard much info about this game at all really.

LX_Theo

Banned
So about how long is this game? 20 dollars is a great price and I love the art style, but I haven't heard much info about this game at all really.

Varies from 30 to 100 hours based on the pacing of the game you choose in the beginning (according to the game's estimates at each setting at least)

Its a really good game and has quickly found its way into one of my early favorites of the year.

Yeah for $20 this game has a ton of content and pretty decent production values. It's incredibly japanese though, for obvious reasons, so that's just something to keep in mind.

Ventara

Now that you've guys have played for about a week, any tips and advice for someone just about to start the game up?

1.) Following what Kochin says isn't always the best plan. Choose "Decide together" to at least see what she chooses, and make changes as you see fit.

2.) You will get a ton of healing potions in the dungeons; don't bother buying them. Same for weapons and armor.

3.) Go to dungeons with an empty bag., unless you know you're heading straight for the boss, and thus won't be picking up any loot.

3.) Don't sweat which gods to pick when creating new clan members. As long as they have higher stats than their human partner (and they all do when starting out), the new clan member will be better. You don't have to get the most costly god.

4.) Don't worry about stats too much. The one with the arm is the set of stats that affect physical stuff (fire - attack, water - health, wind - agility, stone - defense).

5.) When you can, buy heirlooms (personalized weapons and armor). They're costly but they improve as they're used so they become worth the investment. Apparently, they get real expensive later on, so buy them early.

6.) Combo attacks are pretty strong; great against bosses.

7.) Watch your members' vigor levels. If they are old (like 14 months or so), their stats drop along with their vigor. They die around 25 vigor. Young ones regain vigor if they rest for a month (aka not going to the dungeon), but old ones don't.

8.) I hear gunner is really good. I didn't pick it so I don't know.

9.) Sometimes, you just have to run past all the enemies to the goal, as you're on a time limit. Running consumes health, and after it drops below 70%, it starts consuming vigor, so do a quick heal every now and then (press the square button).

1.) Following what Kochin says isn't always the best plan. Choose "Decide together" to at least see what she chooses, and make changes as you see fit.

2.) You will get a ton of healing potions in the dungeons; don't bother buying them. Same for weapons and armor.

3.) Go to dungeons with an empty bag., unless you know you're heading straight for the boss, and thus won't be picking up any loot.

3.) Don't sweat which gods to pick when creating new clan members. As long as they have higher stats than their human partner (and they all do when starting out), the new clan member will be better. You don't have to get the most costly god.

4.) Don't worry about stats too much. The one with the arm is the set of stats that affect physical stuff (fire - attack, water - health, wind - agility, stone - defense).

5.) When you can, buy heirlooms (personalized weapons and armor). They're costly but they improve as they're used so they become worth the investment. Apparently, they get real expensive later on, so buy them early.

6.) Combo attacks are pretty strong; great against bosses.

7.) Watch your members' vigor levels. If they are old (like 14 months or so), their stats drop along with their vigor. They die around 25 vigor. Young ones regain vigor if they rest for a month (aka not going to the dungeon), but old ones don't.

8.) I hear gunner is really good. I didn't pick it so I don't know.

9.) Sometimes, you just have to run past all the enemies to the goal, as you're on a time limit. Running consumes health, and after it drops below 70%, it starts consuming vigor, so do a quick heal every now and then (press the square button).
Thanks for the detailed post.

Finally found the feast portal in the Heptacolor Hot Springs. Found it in the Middle Area . Gonna load game again to try and make it there in a month.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I was about to shelve the game because I couldn't stand the weasel girl screeching at me every 30 seconds.

I just found out you can turn off VO, so it may be saved.

LX_Theo

Banned
I was about to shelve the game because I couldn't stand the weasel girl screeching at me every 30 seconds.

I just found out you can turn off VO, so it may be saved.

Boy, you must be sensitive if that's enough to make you drop it. :/

So, opinons? Is this game unique enough buy to justify a week 1 purchase or should I wait until it inevitably goes on sale - I have a huge vita backlog but this game looks like I won't get bored midway... Also, any thoughts on whether more than 1 playthrough is required for the platinum and if the paltinum will actually be fun to get?

Ventara

So, opinons? Is this game unique enough buy to justify a week 1 purchase or should I wait until it inevitably goes on sale - I have a huge vita backlog but this game looks like I won't get bored midway... Also, any thoughts on whether more than 1 playthrough is required for the platinum and if the paltinum will actually be fun to get?

It's pretty unique, and $20 is a steal. This really is a full $40 game that Sony decided to sell for $20. Anyways, the game is great, and I'm glad I picked it up. The game can be continued for eternity after the story, so there's no missables (aka you can finish it in one playthrough).,

kirby2096

I just bought the game because I easily fall for early purchase DLC, I don't even know what they do. Plus the 10% off coupon softened the deal.

LX_Theo

Banned
somehow i couldn't enter the 2nd festival. i think i was missing a key or two. happened to anyone else?

Everyone's festival location is randomized to different dungeons. Each dungeon has a randomized layout (with the same gimmick in how to progress in each) as well.

So you're going to have to be more specific.

Seda

Finally found the Green Key, which I think is my last. Mine was hidden away at the end of the Dragon Canyon Falls.

Now I guess I have to power up my guys a bit, kill some onigami, etc.

LX_Theo

Banned
Eh... I think I hit a wall. I'm on the final boss now, and I've been cruising on two clan members who turned out so well that I was able to ride their skill through like 4 bosses.

Now I'm on the final boss and both are nearing their end, nor are they strong enough to take down the final boss by themselves. Now I get to grind for devotion and build up a much stronger team of four. The thing is that it doesn't seem like anyone is matching their quality. This might take a while.

Seda

Eh... I think I hit a wall. I'm on the final boss now, and I've been cruising on two clan members who turned out so well that I was able to ride their skill through like 4 bosses.

Now I'm on the final boss and both are nearing their end, nor are they strong enough to take down the final boss by themselves. Now I get to grind for devotion and build up a much stronger team of four. The thing is that it doesn't seem like anyone is matching their quality. This might take a while.

I'm basically here too. Getting high amounts of devotion to try to use the higher level gods is a bit cumbersome

Maid

Banned
I'm just at the beginning of the game, so I feel like I'm having a surplus of devotion, but I keep hearing that people running out of devotion. Just how much I need to save up? Should I choose the god with lower devotion point only?

I can sympathize with that, though. Any JP game with English dub, the first thing I would do is finding the way to turn off voice option and turning on subtitle if it has any.

NolbertoS

Will there be an engrish, asia physical release?? Want this game, but not as a D/l. Saw on play-asia, just states coming soon. Hope it becomes an actuality.

Amir0x

Banned
Looking at the guide, there are actually 4 layout patterns per dungeon it seems.The guide gives you the features that make it unique so you can figure out which map to follow in it. I think this layout is decided when you start your game and doesn't change so a drawn map might be good for the rest of a single playthrough but not if you start over, lol.

Yup, seem this is the strategy that has yielded the best results. Still gots to be sure you have enough of this game's equivalent to exp for the God you choose, but it works here.

I'm just at the beginning of the game, so I feel like I'm having a surplus of devotion, but I keep hearing that people running out of devotion. Just how much I need to save up? Should I choose the god with lower devotion point only?
The higher ranked gods make stronger children, so use as much as you can unless you know you need several new kids soon and need to conserve.

Reposting this in case someone needs adoption/betrothal candidates.

uCtZU9v.jpg

Here is one of my latest, if anyone wants to use her.
Also an archer...

sIeqWrU.jpg

Top Bottom