• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PLAYSTATION®3 Home™ Thread - Massive official FAQ

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Wollan said:
It's not working for anyone it seems. US, Australia, Sweden..
*Check4Change activated*

This is it..

300_movie_article.jpg
:lol :lol

the internets is gonna blow!

power_of_the_force.gif

jiggle

Does website go offline when uploading/updating? No right? this can't be it...

*trying to not get my hopes up.

Cory_t_

OK, now I'm really gonna feel like a piece of shit if this turns out to be nothing! lol

Don't get your hopes up guys!

Wollan

This is just signups so it wouldn't mean the beta would commence today if it were it to happen. Also, Home might right now be compatible with 1.6 for all we know.

Best case scenario is that the site starts taking applicants for the beta, and then chooses 10k or however many people will participate in the beta.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Yeah there's no way they would have a new firmware up tonight just to cater for the few people that signed uo. Im sure its at least a month or few away til we can actually start testing it

Wollan

15000 in the first run (that lasts until August, 50k after that until launch). That 15k number might include devs though so lets say 10k spots for the public.

Dizzan

MINI Member
There wouldn't be 5000 devs involved..... would there? that seems like a huge number.

I thought it would launch in August. When is the release if August is just the end of first beta?

jiggle

Wollan said:
Also, Home might right now be compatible with 1.6 for all we know.

There has to be a new firmware to insert Home into XMB though, no? Like Folding...

Oh well, getting way ahead of myself here...

Wollan

You will probably have a handful of folks from each dev that participates and there may also be people that aren't directly tied up to game content as well.

theBishop

Banned
jiggle said:
There has to be a new firmware to insert Home into XMB though, no? Like Folding...

Oh well, getting way ahead of myself here...

nah, its possible Home runs from the hard drive, and a firmware update will just make it easier to launch from its own XMB space

sort of like how Folding@home was added.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Ill put money on this being nothing...... but I will wait patiently for any sign of action

Everyone in the US should go to bed.. it's getting late

Wollan

I hope they do it like folding and have the icon on the XMB menu even if you haven't downloaded it (as it surely will lead to more people being aware of it). They've mentioned that it will be downloadable from PlayStation Store which I didn't like but oh well. At least it has a main category in the XMB menu all for itself when you actually have it.

Dizzan said:
Everyone in the US should go to bed.. it's getting late

I agree. No point staying up people. Go to bed.

EGM92

Wait I'm lost!!!

Are the sign ups today? what time? the sites crashed and burned, I'M VERY MISINFORMED, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP A BROTHA OUT!

YYZ

EGM92 said:
Wait I'm lost!!!

Are the sign ups today? what time? the sites crashed and burned, I'M VERY MISINFORMED, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP A BROTHA OUT!
no one knows dude, it's been down for 6 hours or less right? I don't know why else it would be down except for sign-ups though. Here's to hoping.

EGM92

YYZ said:
no one knows dude, it's been down for 6 hours or less right? I don't know why else it would be down except for sign-ups though. Here's to hoping.

Damn I hope I get in!!

Dizzan

MINI Member
Just go to bed. Somebody at Sony just spilled coffee on the server... nothing to see here...... move along

Top Bottom