• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I have had so much fun with my Quest 3 coming from my OG Quest 1. The wide field of clarity really makes such a difference, and being able to hold controllers close to your face, and each other, has made many games infinitely easier to play.

My Meta name is MarkMe2525 if anyone wants to add me for some multiplayer fishing or golf.

Here are some 25% off referrals for the games I own. They are good for 7 days after you redeem them, you get a discount and Meta sends me $5.

The Light Brigade: (My favorite rougelite)

In Death Unchained:

Gun Club:

Golf+:

Real VR Fishing: (this one is awesome to chill and listen to music or youtube with its built on browser)

Onward:

little cities:

Racket Fury VR:

Red Matter:

Beat Saber:

Virtual Desktop:

Pistol Whip:

Pixel Ripped 1995:

MarkMe2525

For those who PC game - Beamng.drive finally got a VR update.
Does anyone have experience with emulation in VR with the Quest 2? I saw a video of emuVR and was wondering how well it would perform on my quest 3. The videos I have watched looked awesome.

Last edited:

Tumle

Does anyone have experience with emulation in VR with the Quest 2? I saw a video of emuVR and was wondering how well it would perform on my quest 3. The videos I have watched looked awesome.
On mine it works really well.. I don’t know if there is a side loading app, that you are referring to or just the streaming from pc part?
I’m streaming from pc an have no problems and a lot of fun playing some old school games on an old school tv in an old school bedroom😋

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

On mine it works really well.. I don’t know if there is a side loading app, that you are referring to or just the streaming from pc part?
I’m streaming from pc an have no problems and a lot of fun playing some old school games on an old school tv in an old school bedroom😋
I don't think my Intel integrated 620 is up to the challenge. I honestly just need to put more effort into looking for the answers I need, but I was hoping there was a sideload solution.

hlm666

He's using Unity. Certainly has replicated the look/features/feel he was using for his Alyx mods very well though.
Damn yeh that's impressive I totally assumed it was source 2 because it looks and plays just like the mod, the upside is he might be able to do a native quest 3 port and give the psvr2 guys some love aswell.

Alexios

The HL2: VR Unleashed fork has been updated to work with the two HL2 Episodes as well now :messenger_fire:

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Reminder that VTOL VR is an amazing gem of a VR game via a recent video by OperatorDrewski I missed (check out all his other VTOL VR videos too, they're super entertaining and cool if you're even remotely interested in such a game). This game's just too good.

I hope I can get back to playing VR games soon for this as much as any new/upcoming release🔥

Last edited:

hlm666

Reminder that VTOL VR is an amazing gem of a VR game via a recent video by OperatorDrewski I missed (check out all his other VTOL VR videos too, they're super entertaining and cool if you're even remotely interested in such a game). This game's just too good.

I hope I can get back to playing VR games soon for this as much as any new/upcoming release🔥

Wow i'm sure i checked this out a while ago and im confused and this is a different game or it's had some mad updates.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Have started playing Cosmodread on my OLED Quest 1 via PC. It’s terrifying.
I also heard the dev has got a Quest 3 now and is looking to see if he can make any improvements for the standalone version.

Alexios

I guess they forgot to put the launch trailer up yesterday and/or that they had to make one and did.

Last edited:

amigastar

So i've bought the Meta Quest 2 and tried it out (but not in games yet) and it's underwhelming honestly . A little bit claustrophobic, more than i've expected.
Got a question, do have to use the touch controller from Meta Quest 2? Or can i somehow use the mouse for lets say DCS World in the cockpit?

Last edited:

Romulus

So i've bought the Meta Quest 2 and tried it out (but not in games yet) and it's underwhelming honestly . A little bit claustrophobic, more than i've expected.
Got a question, do have to use the touch controller from Meta Quest 2? Or can i somehow use the mouse for lets say DCS World in the cockpit?

DCS did not have touch support last I used it

But you should try out some games first. Very different than the menus etc

Alexios

Someone has managed to emulate the Echo VR servers and what not so the game can be played again, the mod downgrades it to the required version or whatever, I'm not sure of all the details, if Echo Combat is supported or not on PC etc., or if a community will manage to form and maintain it.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios