• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

miserable

From John Pollock:

Why did Vince change his mind?

meltz35mo50.png

gun_haver

so the clearly best women's wrestler on raw went over last night eh? and they went on last eh?

shit fellas i'm about to strap in and watch me a hell in the cell main event. hope it's a good match. i couldn't give a shit about any other match on the card if i tried.

I understand that, but "undefeated in singles matches on PPV" is one too many identifiers. To be honest, I kind of cringe whenever undefeated streaks become such-and-such has never been pinned or submitted. In this case, that's not even true for Charlotte.

Welcome to wwe, where the rules are made up and wins, losses and the English language doest matter

gun_haver

you're all getting worked beyond belief

it was always gonna be the main event, then they realised 'oh wait we can milk this for attention' like any good promoter would, and made it seem like it wasn't, then did it. and now we're all talking about it. it worked. they worked. we GOT worked.

ReiGun

I feel like every single time something inexplicable happens involving Sasha we hear "plans changed last minute."
It's starting to feel like people just trying to make sense of things. In the era of 50/50 booking, I can buy Sasha being booked to lose the match.

Stinks, but this is how they wanna do things. Good thing is with Survivor Series coming up, they might put the title feud on hold for a while.

Zach

Everyone did not say Bayley would be wasted on Raw. I remember so many people telling me she would make them millions of billions of dollars on the main roster.
She has. She's the biggest star since Austin. Pick up a book and learn something, Beta Mess.

Kaladin

Same here. One thing that becomes painfully obvious once you're out of the WWE bubble, is just how repetitive the complaints are - it's the same shit over and over and over. Tiresome.

To me, they've booked this brand split so that weekly shows don't matter, and regular ppvs are second tier to the big 4. That is all painfully obvious watching these shows.

gun_haver

well that hell in a cell match between sasha and charlotte was underwhelming and micheal cole made me fucking mute it as usual.

see you at survivor series, friends.

Charlotte went on last - true main event confirmed
First ever HIAC for women - wasn't a barn stormer but still a solid match (and best of the night)
Won the title

raw

Tozawa's final Dragon Gate match on Thursday, anyone here watching?

3tNUYwV.gif

DRAGON GATE, "THE GATE OF DESTINY", 2016/11/03
Osaka Edion Arena

1. Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida & Punch Tominaga vs Futa Nakamura, Hyou Watanabe & Shun Watanabe
2. Kzy & Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs 'Hollywood' Stalker Ichikawa & Shachihoko BOY
3. Don Fujii & Gamma vs El Lindaman & Mondai Ryu
4. Open the Brave Gate: Eita (c) vs Flamita
5. Open the Triangle Gate: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito & Jimmy Kanda vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu & Peter Kaasa vs 'brother' YASSHI, T-Hawk & Cyber Kong
6. Open the Twin Gate: Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora (c) vs CIMA & Dragon Kid
7. Team Tozawa Final: Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi vs Shingo Takagi, YAMATO & BxB Hulk

Eita vs Flamita should be goddamn amazing, also really hyped for Yokosuke Ichoume vs CIMA & DK, promises to be excellent. Kagetora's super underrated, one of my absolute favourite guys to watch at present.

Yes, gimmick matches are that.

Obviously, but when you add a gimmick it's supposed to come into play and part of this gimmick is that it's supposed to be the most brutal match type in WWE, that's how they even sold it six days before the event and the match itself it failed at selling that. To be fair, it's not the first (and not the only one at this event) and it won't be the last to have failed to do that but the match itself stunk of meddling/shooting down ideas that aside from the poor job at covering up things not going as planned probably hampered what had been planned for it, watching it it felt like a sort of booking sabotage. Never mind I just don't like gimmick match themed PPVs like this since the stories very rarely support the use and I hope they're done with that shit after this year.

Those table botches were the main issue for the match for me (minus maybe that goddamn awful stretcher segment). And they were bad enough to have definitely dragged the match down a bit. Even the crowd was sort of stunned then disapproving of how easily the table Charlotte went through broke.

I still really enjoyed the match.

In case anyone is wondering, Meltzer said the reason the title was put back on Charlotte is because they want to go to a Charlotte-Bayley program sooner than they initially planned.

In case anyone is wondering, Meltzer said the reason the title was put back on Charlotte is because they want to go to a Charlotte-Bayley program sooner than they initially planned.
But the Emmalina feud!

Are they gonna write Sasha out? She technically still has a rematch clause from all the bouncing the belt has done.

imBask

Banned
last shoot of October : i'd take a rematch over anything with Bayley any day of the week, she would've probably ruined that HiAC match anyway

Zach

McMahon verbally abusing Trish and forcing her to strip in front of a cheering crowd. Austin in a backstage segment yelling at Debra. Man, this is quality entertainment!

P.S. Bayley rulz.

Top Bottom