• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Raw basically started the early NXT women's division all over. Bayley takes losses and is behind Sasha and Flair. Only difference is that Emma isn't around.

ReiGun

I've been meaning to ask: but why do so many in WrassleGaf hate Becky so much? Granted, some seem to just hate WWE's current women's roster as a whole, but Becky seem to be the one that gets singled out the most. Is it just some meme I'm not privy to?

Singles wise, she is undefeated.

They probably wanna save this for someone like Bayley to break.
Bayley is so breaking that streak at Wrestlemania.

Raw basically started the early NXT women's division all over. Bayley takes losses and is behind Sasha and Flair. Only difference is that Emma isn't around.
Commentary won't shut up about how great Bayley is and how she's a future champ along with her having beaten Charlotte clean so the whole underdog thing seems badly written already.

I mean, Becky more or less accidentally had a great underdog story and they kept it up even after she became champ.

I've been meaning to ask: but why do so many in WrassleGaf hate Becky so much? Granted, some seem to just hate WWE's current women's roster as a whole, but Becky seem to be the one that gets singled out the most. Is it just some meme I'm not privy to?

Bayley is so breaking that streak at Wrestlemania.
I dunno, but people tend to post this one spear mess-up gif a lot as if this suddenly makes her an awful worker.

Probably a good thing for Bayley vs Charlotte. They don't seem like they wanna turn Sasha face anytime soon especially after tonight and having a face Sasha against a face Bayley is terrible. And I've said it before, but I think that the main roster would mess up Bayley vs Sasha 3.0 whenever it happens.

The division is dead. Just kill it, Vince needs to get Charlotte away from the title period. She's boring and it's bad enough they didn't take the title off of her at Mania. At least during the ae, the hot shots made sense but this feud is dead and there's nothing you can do with it. Talk about running something into the ground.

Yes the division which is now at the highest profile it's ever been and is finally being treated with respect and dignity is dead.

Let's go back to when women won matches by stripping each other

Singles wise, she is undefeated.

They probably wanna save this for someone like Bayley to break.
I understand that, but "undefeated in singles matches on PPV" is one too many identifiers. To be honest, I kind of cringe whenever undefeated streaks become such-and-such has never been pinned or submitted. In this case, that's not even true for Charlotte.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes the division which is now at the highest profile it's ever been and is finally being treated with respect and dignity is dead.

No, this issue here is that Smackdown does a lot more with a lot less.

I understand that, but "undefeated in singles matches on PPV" is one too many identifiers. To be honest, I kind of cringe whenever undefeated streaks become such-and-such has never been pinned or submitted. In this case, that's not even true for Charlotte.
Eh, I can't really think of anyone who fits that record, and if they do it's likely nowhere near 14-0.

ReiGun

That's a false dichotomy. People don't want the division to go back to being a sideshow. We want it to stop being poorly booked, revolving almost entirely around two women, and being used by WWE as a way to pat themselves on the back for finally treating women like equals after years of doing anything but.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SD is doing it without any self promotion about it being revolutionary

NXT did it too

That and frankly better story telling too. Flair and Sasha has been okay but I'd put the b plot of Nikki and Carmella ahead of that, let alone the main plot of Smackdown. The crazy thing is that the women on RAW have double the time each week for their segments. It's all down to that NXT guy running Smackdown and not the regular RAW core.

No, this issue here is that Smackdown does a lot more with a lot less.

I was responding to someone calling the division dead and celebrating somewhat the Attitude Era up to and including Harvey Whippleman in drag as champ, on top of asking to get rid of the best heel the women's division has had in a long time if ever...

If anything this hotshotting here works better because these are two women who are equal rivals...

You can not like it but to say the division is dead after it just main evented a PPV is asinine.

Also Smackdown just ran an angle where they waited till their PPV was on the air to cancel their women's title match and then jobbed their #1 Contender for no reason to Naomi who hadn't been a factor in literally anything recently.

Also division I took to mean both Raw and Smackdown's so maybe that was an error on my part?

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/792964450450104320

bretlol.gif

MG310

Sasha/Charlotte ending probably could have been presented more dramatically. Too sudden and bad camera work on top of that.

Needed that lingering shot of Sasha trying to get back up before Charlotte ran up and finished her.

Hopefully Charlotte makes good use of that Sasha Banks piano theme tomorrow night.

Sasha/Charlotte ending probably could have been presented more dramatically. Too sudden and bad camera work on top of that.

Needed that lingering shot of Sasha trying to get back up before Charlotte ran up and finished her.

Hopefully Charlotte makes good use of that Sasha Banks piano theme tomorrow night.
If Charlotte actually had a promo where a la Miz she had a type of retirement promo playing for Sasha with that in the background, all will be redeemed.

MC Safety

If they're going to do a retirement video, Charlotte should come out on stage and openly mourn in front of a closed casket. She'd preside over the burial of a dummy dressed like a clown and pay homage by tossing in a shirt of Eddie, noting that now we'd never have to hear Sasha weeping about her idol. Then she'd add Sasha's contributions to pro wrestling, which include ridiculously colored hair extensions and costume jewelry.

Then she could demand James Ellsworth and a jobber squad come and take the casket away and dump it in Sasha's favorite spot, the trash bins out in the back.

That would be a true villain's celebration.

Oersted

I was responding to someone calling the division dead and celebrating somewhat the Attitude Era up to and including Harvey Whippleman in drag as champ, on top of asking to get rid of the best heel the women's division has had in a long time if ever...

If anything this hotshotting here works better because these are two women who are equal rivals...

You can not like it but to say the division is dead after it just main evented a PPV is asinine.

Also Smackdown just ran an angle where they waited till their PPV was on the air to cancel their women's title match and then jobbed their #1 Contender for no reason to Naomi who hadn't been a factor in literally anything recently.

Also division I took to mean both Raw and Smackdown's so maybe that was an error on my part?

I have the feeling, that some here got worked by the brand split and see Smackdown as the plucky underdog Bryan against the Authority RAW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone did not say Bayley would be wasted on Raw. I remember so many people telling me she would make them millions of billions of dollars on the main roster.

jurgen

This is why we should be grateful that Nakamura is relegated indefinitely to NXT. Hunter knows Vince would piss Nak's legacy away.

I think we need to pray to Jericho to work with him. He seems to be Vince's one-man NXT program for WWE's midcard (look at how he turned Vince's opinion on Styles).

Nak would also be a good step in the direction of WWE treating this a little more like a sport as it would be harder to do all the melodrama and awful Titus O'Neill promos with someone like Nak.

Everyone did not say Bayley would be wasted on Raw. I remember so many people telling me she would make them millions of billions of dollars on the main roster.

Ehhh... she's only been on the main roster for two months. Still gazilliions of dollars to make.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think we need to pray to Jericho to work with him. He seems to be Vince's one-man NXT program for WWE's midcard (look at how he turned Vince's opinion on Styles).

Nak would also be a good step in the direction of WWE treating this a little more like a sport as it would be harder to do all the melodrama and awful Titus O'Neill promos with someone like Nak.

Jericho nearly halted Styles push before it even began. Jericho's the only person Styles has had a bad feud with. Styles(and his merch sales) won Vince over, not his program with Jericho.

Nekofrog

Banned
Jesus Jerichos undisputed reign is garbage. His cowardly heel schtick is insufferable without any form of comedy, and he's bringing none of it

jurgen

Jericho nearly halted Styles push before it even began. Jericho's the only person Styles has had a bad feud with. Styles(and his merch sales) won Vince over, not his program with Jericho.

I don't doubt that the feud was mediocre. But that brief "Y2AJ" schtick was the first big seller for AJ merch-wise (and I think his first or second WWE shirt). My point was more that Jericho has Vince's ear than it was the performance wins him over.

When Charlotte set up the table for some reason I was expecting her to bring Sasha back in to put her through it with a moonsault. Also would've prefer had they done a spot where they both go through the announce table around mid-way through the match instead of having a relatively standard table announce table spot before it even started and just had Charlotte work Sasha's back during it. I would've gotten them out the Cell from the previous two matches causing damage to a panel that's weakened enough to finally gives in a spot with them.

TBH, that pretty much could've been the same match if it was just a standard no DQ match.

Recall

When Charlotte set up the table for some reason I was expecting her to bring Sasha back in to put her through it with a moonsault. Also would've prefer had they done a spot where they both go through the announce table around mid-way through the match instead of having a relatively standard table announce table spot before it even started and just had Charlotte work Sasha's back during it. I would've gotten them out the Cell from the previous two matches causing damage to a panel that's weakened enough to finally gives in a spot with them.

TBH, that pretty much could've been the same match if it was just a standard no DQ match.

Yes, gimmick matches are that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I tried to go back and finish Mafia 3. That game starts so strong and keeps the momentum for a while then it just nosedives. Busy work every other improtant mission. It's the most I've ever felt a game artificially gating the stuff you want(the story missions) by putting in forced side missions to unlock those. Even in games like Saints Row 2 you had more variety in the side missions you had to do to unlock the next main mission. Not to mention some sort of character progression system that felt satisfying.

Top Bottom