• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

LOL just got an email from OCUK. My order got delayed so bad I doubt I'll get it in time for cyberpunk. FFS

Holy shit, got that Zotac one on Amazon.

I got the same one from a UK PC retailer and they just emailed me to say they out of stock even though I placed my order within the first 20mins of release. Good luck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No confirmation from Amazon just yet. Got a bad feeling about that Zotac :(

I got the same one from a UK PC retailer and they just emailed me to say they out of stock even though I placed my order within the first 20mins of release. Good luck.

Shit. Well here is hoping it pulls through. I got an email from Amazon and it is listed in 'Your Orders' page.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Is rtx 3080 the ultimate 1080p 144hz card solution? Kinda seems like it. I will get a 3070 but it will not be the same.
You could call it the "ultimate" but you are kinda wasting the power of the card playing at that resolution. A cheap 2080ti or 3070 would probably be of better use and even then there's quite a bit of overhead, which if that's what you want, you may as well check those cards out, but at 1080p/144hz? I'd bet a 3060 will do you very very well.

small_law

And it sounds like the 3090 (which I haven't ruled out from buying yet) will be another 2080Ti in that regard. The atrocious price vs performance value is fine as long as people are aware and find other value in it.
I'm going for it though, the ROG Strix in fact. I just want a big card for once.
eBay don't do anything, it's all through PayPal.

And yes, sometimes they hold a payment back from a seller, as it's happened to me. But it's more a bullying tactic to buy into the eBay eco-system as you can speed up the release of the funds if you jump through some hoops.
But if I do a chargeback, assuming the card issuer grants it, am I fully out of the picture in terms of paying at that point? Is there a scenario where the buyer has been delivered the goods, the buyer then recovers his money in escrow via a chargeback (buying time with a claim for damaged goods or anything that can delay seller getting the money), and the seller has no means of recovering the goods or the money?

Wunray

Its telling me my card is declined, is it like that for you guys too? cause I definitely have the money on there.

Ultimate 1440p 144hz solution in my mind.

You could call it the "ultimate" but you are kinda wasting the power of the card playing at that resolution. A cheap 2080ti or 3070 would probably be of better use and even then there's quite a bit of overhead, which if that's what you want, you may as well check those cards out, but at 1080p/144hz? I'd bet a 3060 will do you very very well.

But from the benchs I've seen the 3080 barely hits 144fps on 1080 ultra/max/whatever top setting. I was hoping for a card that maxes everything out at 144fps 1080p as the "ultimate single card solution"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
But from the benchs I've seen the 3080 barely hits 144fps on 1080 ultra/max/whatever top setting. I was hoping for a card that maxes everything out at 144fps 1080p as the "ultimate single card solution"

??

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
cooltext362974666862460.png

the hype is REAL

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

the hype is REAL

Still no confirmation email, but it does say pre-ordered for me in my Amazon order history with a release date of September 30th. Fingers crossed.

Wunray

Had to do a quick pivot on my shipping destination, I have to import this so 1 of my shippers was in a state where the tax was 50$ so I switched to 1 with 0, fuck that noise.

ZZZZ

Thanks for that video. I was going by some other outlets (I know kotaku is shit but just to show some bench here I go posting them):

Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-DLSS-Ray-Tracing-OFF-1.png

Total-War_-Three-Kingdoms-2.png

I had more but these images are fucking huge so that's what I meant by barely hitting the 144fps, and also on Tomb Raider RT is off which is kinda a big deal. What do you think guys?
Not sure about Tomb Raider, but the Total War Games are very heavy on the CPU.

I'll also have to post this video, even though everyone already posted it lol. Yes. It is THAT important. Timestamped...

I’m sure they did. But it seems a number of sellers including Nvidia themselves didn’t care that the buyers weren’t actual consumers. It seems intentional. Hopefully the boys make headaches for the resellers.

Damn , just got my Zotac 3080 and it's kinda dead on arrival . I'm not sure if it's because of my PSU , it's a 80+ Gold Superflower 650W . It should at least boot up but now it isn't at all , kinda devastated here

The card is known to run the power limit and you're running a lower wattage than what is recommended.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah be sure to use a 750 one and ofc use 2 separate cables man i can't wait to get my hands on my ZOTAC next week :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:

Ulysses 31

Damn , just got my Zotac 3080 and it's kinda dead on arrival . I'm not sure if it's because of my PSU , it's a 80+ Gold Superflower 650W . It should at least boot up but now it isn't at all , kinda devastated here
Made sure to use 2 8-pin PCI-E cables and not one cable with 2 PCI-E plugs?

Last edited:

Wunray

I think you should check if you are running 2 separate 8 pin connectors and if your cpu isn't oc. 650 should be enough.

nemiroff

Gold Member
BUT in the case of the 3090 you are getting a substantial improvement over the previous generation of cards within the same price range. The highest end have always been a poor value propisition until the 1080ti. The 3090 is replacing the TITAN, which when compared to the $2500-3000 Titan RTX, a $1500 3090 is actually a much better value proposition than the Titan RTX was for the 20xx series. 2080ti didn't do much more than what the 1080ti did, it was maybe a 25% at best upgrade which went away completely if you decided to use raytracing. DLSS 2.0 absolutely mitigated that a bit, but it's not widely supported enough to really be a factor either.

I don't like you.. I'm a weak person and you are like literally forcing me to go for the 3090 next week :(

I'm going for it though, the ROG Strix in fact. I just want a big card for once.

But if I do a chargeback, assuming the card issuer grants it, am I fully out of the picture in terms of paying at that point? Is there a scenario where the buyer has been delivered the goods, the buyer then recovers his money in escrow via a chargeback (buying time with a claim for damaged goods or anything that can delay seller getting the money), and the seller has no means of recovering the goods or the money?

Yeah, that's the one I'm going (probably going) for as well.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Made sure to use 2 8-pin PCI-E cables cables and not one cable with 2 PCI-E plugs?
I think you should check if you are running 2 separate 8 pin connectors and if your cpu isn't oc. 650 should be enough.

I'm using a single daisy chained 6+2pin at first , then I thought I should try 2 separate cable . Swapped it , still didn't work .

Perhaps there's really a min power limit that prevent it from running even though it's sufficient , I heard Dave had this issue with his 600w

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I currently have a Zotac 2060S Mini and it's a little trooper. I would buy Zotac again. Looks like with their 3080 under load they're at 73C for temps with 32dBA noise levels. That's a good showing. Well, 323W gaming and 360W peak gaming power consumption aren't exactly the best, but that's more down to Samsung 8nm.

I'm holding out for a 3070 16GB. Hopefully being GA104/GA106 chips will make the mid-range stuff easier to produce and more readily available.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I don't like you.. I'm a weak person and you are like literally forcing me to go for the 3090 next week :(
I'll say this. It's hard for me to justify in my head space the price tag for the 3090 to what I'm expecting the performance to be, which I think we'll see the 3090 performing at best 15%-20% over the 3080. You're paying essentially more than double the price for less than 20% improvement over the 3080. I think 20% is being a bit generous. I hope to be wrong, but the 3090 isn't a great value proposition either. It's classified as a 8K/60fps card, but DLSS 2.0 is gonna be the catch with that. If DLSS 2.0 doesn't catch on then it really won't be an 8k card for more than just a handful of games. But it's all relative ya know? The 3090 is a way better deal at $1500 than the Titan RTX was at $2500 by a wide margin, I'd also maybe make the argument the 3090 is a better value proposition than what the 2080ti brought to the table at $1200.

I was for a while on board for the 3090 myself coming from the 1080ti, which I figure the 3090 is filling the same class in the series, but with talks of a 3080ti, I think I'm gonna try and scoop up a 3080 and then sell it when the 3080ti eventually comes out and just sit on the 3080ti for a few years like I've done with the 1080ti. My hesitation for the 3090 is to pay that much and then a 3080ti come out at $500 less 6 mos. later and have them pretty much perform almost identically like the 1080ti and the Titan did.

I mean, if you were to get a 3090 you will absolutely have the best card on the market for essentially at least 2 years if not longer, so it's not like you won't be sitting pretty for a long time either way. I'm just willing to wait a bit.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I'm using a single daisy chained 6+2pin at first , then I thought I should try 2 separate cable . Swapped it , still didn't work .

Perhaps there's really a min power limit that prevent it from running even though it's sufficient , I heard Dave had this issue with his 600w
Don't suppose you have another PSU and one of these around, do you? :p
iu

Top Bottom