• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Didn’t look to begin with. Sticking with my 2080Ti till they announce the Super or whatever they’ll call it

Assuming that you're talking about the RTX 3080, I don't think that there will be any "Super" or "Ti" variants of that card, because there isn't much room between its performance and that of the RTX 3090.

The difference between the performance of the RTX 3080 and that of the RTX 3090 is only 17% at most, so what would be the point of sandwiching a new model in between those two cards?

Or are you thinking about the rumored 20GB model of the RTX 3080 that would otherwise perform the same as the 10GB model?

Mista

Banned
Assuming that you're talking about the RTX 3080, I don't think that there will be any "Super" or "Ti" variants of that card, because there isn't much room between its performance and that of the RTX 3090.

The difference between the performance of the RTX 3080 and that of the RTX 3090 is only 17% at most, so what would be the point of sandwiching a new model in between those two cards?

Or are you thinking about the rumored 20GB model of the RTX 3080 that would otherwise perform the same as the 10GB model?
Knowing Nvidia, they will release refreshed cards later down the road. Those 20GB and 10GB models are allegedly cancelled

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
re 3070 TI

people are crazy to think Nvidia is reacting to any of this amd rumors.
First of all - All of the production stuff is set in stone months or even YEARS ahead of release. There is no way to change production lines on the dime.
There are contracts with suppliers and many other factories. It's not just flipping a switch in your factory.
And the thought that either nvidia or amd don't know the competition plans is just insane. They know their plans the second board room meeting ends in other company lol.
No nvidia move is random or reactive. it's all planned. These rumors are out of control.

Another SKU of a gpu is just that and nothing else. You cannot do "amd counter attack sku" in a month lol. It's normal that there will be Ti, super, and other vram amount versions down the line but it does not mean that nvidia or amd is scared lol

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
What I meant was that contrary to what I thought, you know how long you'll probably be waiting.
Yeah mate and I’m fine with it. It’s not like I currently have a 1080

2080Ti is still good enough and honestly I’m in no rush right now. If I had a two gens old gpu I would’ve really considered upgrading right now. Not going to lie though, had a thought of upgrading just for CP2077 + the future but decided that it’s stupid.

J3nga

2080Ti is still good enough and honestly I’m in no rush right now. If I had a two gens old gpu I would’ve really considered upgrading right now. Not going to lie though, had a thought of upgrading just for CP2077 + the future but decided that it’s stupid.
2080ti is still a damn good card, no need to swap to 3070 even if it has 16GB of VRAM, lol at those rushing to sell theirs for a pocket change and now using integrated graphics.

Mista

Banned
2080ti is still a damn good card, no need to swap to 3070 even if it has 16GB of VRAM, lol at those rushing to sell theirs for a pocket change and now using integrated graphics.
Yeah 100% agree. I don’t feel sorry for those idiots that sold their cards without even having a guarantee of having a new one

Reactions: GHG

J3nga

Yeah 100% agree. I don’t feel sorry for those idiots that sold their cards without even having a guarantee of having a new one
Well I was one of those "Ima sell my GPU ASAP after RTX 3080 announcement and pray I get one". Well I got one, but TBH there are no games to play for me the moment until CP2077 arrives and that's the only game I'm looking forward playing on PC this year. But I got a fair price for my 5700XT and didn't really need a GPU.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned

I came from a 1080Ti. So, I would have continued to miss out on ray tracing if I hadn't upgraded, and I didn't want that to be the case with Cyberpunk 2077. Also, a 1080Ti cannot run the latest games in 4K with maximum settings at 60 frames per second.

dEvAnGeL

if you are a 2080Ti owner the smartest move is to wait. All games releasing this year will play great on your card and i know going by Nvidia's past record that a Ti version of the 3080 is coming or at least a 3080 with more ram. Still very happy with my hybrid 2080 Ti. Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
FUCKING FINALLY
ZCr1kM7.jpg

It barely fits in the case. I was in panic for a moment.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I'm at work so can't see the video but I believe its the same card as the PNY. (Was looking at getting one before I got a FE)
I know that the Palit GamingPro OC is the same as the PNY XLR8 REVEL EPIC-X (with the only difference being the shroud), but I'm not sure about the Phantom GS. You may be right because Palit and Gainward are brands of the same company but are marketed in separate regions. Hence, the Phantom GS may be the same card as the GamingPro OC (but with a different shroud); if this is true, then it, the GamingPro OC, and the REVEL EPIC-X are all the same card but with different shrouds.

martino

people are crazy to think Nvidia is reacting to any of this amd rumors.
First of all - All of the production stuff is set in stone months or even YEARS ahead of release. There is no way to change production lines on the dime.
There are contracts with suppliers and many other factories. It's not just flipping a switch in your factory.
And the thought that either nvidia or amd don't know the competition plans is just insane. They know their plans the second board room meeting ends in other company lol.
No nvidia move is random or reactive. it's all planned. These rumors are out of control.

Another SKU of a gpu is just that and nothing else. You cannot do "amd counter attack sku" in a month lol. It's normal that there will be Ti, super, and other vram amount versions down the line but it does not mean that nvidia or amd is scared lol
please don't make too much sense !

Nydus

please don't make too much sense !
Well yes and no. They definitely had a plan what to do with the chips that didn't make the cut for a full 3080. And all specs, besides the cutdown chip, are the same for the 3070Ti and the 3080. So it is relatively easy to just plonk the 3070Ti chip on the PCB of a 3080 and have a bios written for it. There is not much to change in terms of production. Furthermore this is Nvidia. They are an absolute giant and if they want to change plans the industry around them will follow. Or do you really think MSI, Asus and whatnot would sue Nvidia because they changed plans? lol

Type_Raver

Im currently rockin my GT710 1GB card while I still wait for my 3080 to arrive :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_loudly_crying:
I sold my RTX2060 just over a month ago and got a good return.

Happily playing my Switch (XC:DE) and PS4 (Horizon ZD) until it arrives.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
3070 seems to be right at or slightly lower than a 2080ti in most cases at $499. not bad.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Not much room to operate between 3080 and 3090, unless it’s a memory upgrade.

3070 reviews look great. At least for the next 24 hours.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
The 3070 reviews look great. 2080ti performance for 499 bucks. Now that we have all our 30xx benchmarks... Bring it on AMD. Let's finally see what you've got.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
3070 is amazing. it's a cooler, much cheaper 2080ti.
And it looks so good, it might even look better than 3080 fe in some builds. I have 3080 fe so offcourse it looks better :D

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Control gameplay @ 4K with maximum settings via DLSS Quality mode on PNY's RTX 3090. The GPU gets pretty hot on the stock fan curve, which I haven't yet overridden with a custom fan curve; I do recall that when I once set the fan to 70%, the temperature maxed out in the low 60s under load.

Anyhow, prior to reaching the area in the video, the frame rate ranged from 60 to 80 frames per second and never dropped below 60; however, this area is very demanding and brings down the average frame rate to the 50s with minimums in the 40s, which I found to be surprising. I'm guessing that the heavily tessellated and imperfectly reflective rocky surfaces, which comprise most of the area, make the area very difficult to render.

When I have the time, I'll reinstall my 3080 and reexplore this area to determine how much worse the 3080 performs.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
if you are a 2080Ti owner the smartest move is to wait. All games releasing this year will play great on your card and i know going by Nvidia's past record that a Ti version of the 3080 is coming or at least a 3080 with more ram. Still very happy with my hybrid 2080 Ti. Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077.
Im fine with my 2080 Ti. The ONLY reason I wanted to upgrade was so I could use HDMI 2.1 on my TV.

Top Bottom