• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

No way, not 66,000 GBP. Something is going on.

EDIT - ya seems so

Some will buy.

BUT, it's mostly a few guys that have created bots to artificially bid on Ebay to inflate those prices so no-one buys them. There was a few articles a week back or so that went into it with one guy who was making the bots to fight the scalpers.

DeaDPo0L84

So I keep hearing about AMD, this is my first new GPU launch since building my first PC last year.

So I keep reading that they do not have a solution at the moment for ray tracing & dlss and apparently they're simply behind nvidia when it comes to tech. Is this true cause personally I love the future of ray tracing and dlss has been a big help in certain games.

saintjules

Ya know, it's easy to laugh at the guy, but I remember doing similar shit for the PS2 launch and the 360 launch and just having a really good time with my buddies and the stories we'd swap with other people there.

Definitely didn't laugh. People are really dedicated to this stuff and I commend them.

I remember the PS2 launch. Definitely got turned away when I got there at 4am. First 100 people were selected to get one. Went right to School later that morning lol.

Ascend

So I keep hearing about AMD, this is my first new GPU launch since building my first PC last year.

So I keep reading that they do not have a solution at the moment for ray tracing & dlss and apparently they're simply behind nvidia when it comes to tech. Is this true cause personally I love the future of ray tracing and dlss has been a big help in certain games.
The honest truth is that we know zero about AMD's ray tracing performance. The ones saying that it will be worse than nVidia's are basing that opinion solely on the history that nVidia is supposedly better than AMD at everything. Leaks are suggesting that AMD's ray tracing is better than the 2000 series cards but inferior to the 3000 series. Considering the difference between the two nVidia series is actually not THAT great, it kind of leaves this leak as being meaningless.
DLSS is superior to AMD's current equivalents (FidelityFX and Radeon Image Sharpening). It is possible that they announce an improved or new version of these technologies with the launch of their new cards. It is equally as possible that they won't.

I have a simple wait and see strategy right now. Logically speaking, AMD's cards should be competitive, and they generally undercut nVidia. I have the patience to wait, and most people would be better served by waiting rather than losing it over being unable to get 3000 series cards. But that's just my 2 cents.

The honest truth is that we know zero about AMD's ray tracing performance. The ones saying that it will be worse than nVidia's are basing that opinion solely on the history that nVidia is supposedly better than AMD at everything. Leaks are suggesting that AMD's ray tracing is better than the 2000 series cards but inferior to the 3000 series. Considering the difference between the two nVidia series is actually not THAT great, it kind of leaves this leak as being meaningless.
DLSS is superior to AMD's current equivalents (FidelityFX and Radeon Image Sharpening). It is possible that they announce an improved or new version of these technologies with the launch of their new cards. It is equally as possible that they won't.

I have a simple wait and see strategy right now. Logically speaking, AMD's cards should be competitive, and they generally undercut nVidia. I have the patience to wait, and most people would be better served by waiting rather than losing it over being unable to get 3000 series cards. But that's just my 2 cents.
I'd say this is mostly true. At least for me it is. Every time there's a bit of hype around an AMD GPU release, it comes out and just can't cut the mustard compared to NV.

Also, I think everything else is pretty spot on too.

DeaDPo0L84

Hmmm those are nice cards. Why do you feel that you need to upgrade if I may ask?

I want to do be able to do ray tracing @ high settings and stay at minimum 60fps but also possible 120fps. The 2070s was ready having to make a bunch of concessions in early ray tracing games. Dlss helps but I'd rather brute force it for the next couple years instead of having to constantly tinker with settings.

I've been modding Witcher 3 and currently it is chugging along at 30-40fps, grass mods are killer lol. It has made me stop playing until I get a better GPU that can handle it.

TheContact

Glad to see some people getting it. My goal is to get it around Cyberpunks release when the hype dies down and I don't have to struggle to find one (and even if I can't I won't stress about it too much). I'm rocking a 1070 but it plays all the games I play at max settings. I do want to upgrade my case at the same time I get a new GPU though.

Thanks for sharing your tracking number. Now we know were you live, so you better behave.
It's funny I was literally thinking the same thing. How shifty it would be if someone were to reroute that delivery. It's why I didn't quote him in case he wants to remove that picture. Though, with his ERA secret shopping group, I'm sure he could secure another one.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Just got shipping confirmation!

I did finally get the payment processed for both the 3080 & 3090, have my watch dogs codes and everything. Just waiting patiently on the shipping confirmation...

Edit: just read above about the tracking number, hopefully nobody does anything, that would be pretty fucked up.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
Thanks for sharing your tracking number. Now we know were you live, so you better behave.

I did finally get the payment processed for both the 3080 & 3090, have my watch dogs codes and everything. Just waiting patiently on the shipping confirmation...

Edit: just read above about the tracking number, hopefully nobody does anything, that would be pretty fucked up.
Can you guys please delete the quote? :(

Malakhov

Banned
I could of pulled a 3080 last night but from bestbuy u.s and we'll can't access my po box because customs are closed. A few came in stock for a few minutes on occasions :(

VFXVeteran

Banned

I think it is. I don't think they have dedicated cores for RT or AI Tensor-like cores. They are using the same SMUs to rendering shaders so it won't be concurrent. It'll be interesting to see how the performance will pan out with the games using ray-tracing.

FireFly

I think it is. I don't think they have dedicated cores for RT or AI Tensor-like cores. They are using the same SMUs to rendering shaders so it won't be concurrent. It'll be interesting to see how the performance will pan out with the games using ray-tracing.
"Without hardware acceleration, this work could have been done in the shaders, but would have consumed over 13 TFLOPs alone," says Andrew Goossen. "For the Series X, this work is offloaded onto dedicated hardware and the shader can continue to run in parallel with full performance. In other words, Series X can effectively tap the equivalent of well over 25 TFLOPs of performance while ray tracing."

Ascend

Now i'm crying there is a person behind this avatar. Please leave me alone.
I can sympathize... I understand that it takes effort to get one of these cards, and no one likes their effort to be in vain. But at the same time, let's just say that I don't think it's healthy that a piece of tech has so much influence on your emotional well-being. Graphics cards are not food or water, and unless your income depends on it, I think some priorities need some evaluating.

I apologize for the unsolicited advice...

In other news;

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I just called the product service department of one of Nvidia's Add-In-Board Partners and asked whether or not I could order an RTX 3090 from them directly. The woman with whom I spoke said that they are receiving very small shipments once per week and that she'll call me when they receive another shipment next week; she said that the shipments are so small that they won't bother putting them up for sale on their site but will redistribute them to retailers and that she'll therefore conduct my order over the phone. She requested my name and phone number and told me that she'll call me when they receive their next shipment, which should be next week.

Does this sound safe to you guys? If I can't order a card via some other means by then, I'll go through with the order; I'll conduct the order via my PayPal debit card, so that I don't have to give her the account number and CVC of my bank-account debit card or one of my credit cards. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

McHuj

Yeah, I just watched that. What a fuck up if true.

It could also explain the low stock as their scrambling to fix the issues, but it was too late and some cards got out.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
yeah Guys i finished the video and what the actual fuck is going on?
No drama.

I HAVE 3 3080'S in backorder. the hell

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
So not only the Asus tuf has the best temps, lower price but its also the best one to buy? Wow props to Asus and shame to Gigabyte for cheaping out considering they always had the more expensive models. EVGA always sucked so no shocker there.

Ya but what about inno3d???

My first real gpu was a evga 680 and I also had their 970 without issues. I didn't know people had issues with them?

Myths

To the foo that compromised and bought from these resellers:

AdvancedEmbarrassedFurseal-size_restricted.gif

Ascend

No comprende.

• TIER_NOT_SUPPORTED indicates sampler feedback is not supported. Attempts at calling sampler feedback APIs represent an error.
  • TIER_0_9 (i.e., version 0.9) indicates the following.
    • Sampler feedback is supported for samplers with these texture addressing modes:
      • D3D12_TEXTURE_ADDRESS_MODE_WRAP
      • D3D12_TEXTURE_ADDRESS_MODE_CLAMP
    • The Texture2D shader resource view passed in to feedback-writing HLSL methods has these restrictions:
      • The MostDetailedMip field must be 0.
      • The MipLevels count must span the full mip count of the resource.
      • The PlaneSlice field must be 0.
      • The ResourceMinLODClamp field must be 0.
    • The Texture2DArray shader resource view passed in to feedback-writing HLSL methods has these restrictions:
      • All the limitations as in Texture2D above, and
      • The FirstArraySlice field must be 0.
      • The ArraySize field must span the full array element count of the resource.
  • TIER_1_0 (i.e., version 1.0) indicates sampler feedback is supported for all texture addressing modes, and feedback-writing methods are supported irrespective of the passed-in shader resource view.

Also;

Last edited:
Top Bottom