• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

Chiggs

It has arrived!

N37GHWm.jpg

Kenpachii

That 3080ti better come with 20gb of v-ram and 3090 performance for 800 bucks.

Who am i kidding probably paper launch of 2 cards with 3 million scalper bots buying and reselling for 10 grand.

YCoCg

Meanwhile in the UK, stock is that bad for the 3060Ti that the only places you can find selling them on Amazon are going for over £800 ($1,082).

diffusionx

Gold Member
Meanwhile in the UK, stock is that bad for the 3060Ti that the only places you can find selling them on Amazon are going for over £800 ($1,082).

Jeez, here you can almost get a 3080 scalped for that price (about $1200).

A 3060TI is about $650.

Rickyiez

I feel bad for those poor bastards with their RTX 3080s, who convinced themselves that the 10GB would be enough.

Also, yay me, from way back on October 21st:

Now, if the performance exceeds the 3090, or it's a new Titan, watch me return my Aorus Master 3090 in record time.

I feel bad for you in still bringing up the 10GB and thinking people will keep their cards for more than 2 years .

Here I'm maxing out Cyberpunk with only around 7GB usage at 3440x1440 , plenty of buffer left . :goog_whistling:

Last edited:

Rickyiez

But they do? Do you remember Pascal?

Pascal lasted long because Turing sucks donkey ball that's it . Even then , a lot of 1080Ti owners upgraded to 2080Ti , it's just how enthusiast market works . I know I will jump to RTX40xx/Radeon7xxx series once it's reviewed to have substantial upgrade .

When games started to exceed the VRAM usage , your 3090 or whatever 3080Ti will be too slow for it anyway . Heck , even the 3090 cannot run Cyberpunk RT above 40FPS without DLSS so whats the extra VRAM gonna do ? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Chiggs

Pascal lasted long because Turing sucks donkey ball that's it . Even then , a lot of 1080Ti owners upgraded to 2080Ti , it's just how enthusiast market works . I know I will jump to RTX40xx/Radeon7xxx series once it's reviewed to have substantial upgrade .

Glad you could admit you're wrong.

When games started to exceed the VRAM usage , your 3090 or whatever 3080Ti will be too slow for it anyway . Heck , even the 3090 cannot run Cyberpunk RT above 40FPS without DLSS so whats the extra VRAM gonna do ? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Help me render things in Blender or Daz.

I know you have VRAM envy, and I know it hurts. Good news, though...the 3080TI is about a month away.

Rickyiez

Help me render things in Blender or Daz.

I know you have VRAM envy, and I know it hurts. Good news, though...the 3080TI is about a month away.

Damn some of the Gaffers are really insufferable . Why do I envy or care about rendering softwares when it's basically useless in gaming for now ? I gave a solid example on why the VRAM doesn't matter when rasterization couldn't keep up and you brought up some non-gaming situations LMAO since when this place turned into Blender forum ? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

off to the ignored list you go

Chiggs

Damn some of the Gaffers are really insufferable . Why do I envy or care about rendering softwares when it's basically useless in gaming for now ? I gave a solid example on why the VRAM doesn't matter when rasterization couldn't keep up and you brought up some non-gaming situations LMAO since when this place turned into Blender forum ? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

off to the ignored list you go

Maybe you should go to ResetEra if you're that big of a baby?

By the way, Turing also lasted for nearly two years.

If a massive, high-production value game like Cyberpunk doesn't make the 10gb feel inadequate, I'm not worried for the immediate future.

I hear you, but CyberPunk 2077, which has been in development for ages, has arguably worse graphics in some situations than other open world games, and doesn't necessarily represent what we'll see in 2021 and 2022. Time will tell, but I'm confident we'll see games over the next year or so which break the 10GB barrier.

Last edited:
Maybe you should go to ResetEra if you're that big of a baby?

By the way, Turing also lasted for nearly two years.

I hear you, but CyberPunk 2077, which has been in development for ages, has arguably worse graphics in some situations than other open world games, and doesn't necessarily represent what we'll see in 2021 and 2022. Time will tell, but I'm confident we'll see games over the next year or so which break the 10GB barrier.
I'm sure, but likely at max settings, 4k, etc., and those games will be few and far between.

Singular7

What is the best way to get a 3080? I hear there is a list queue.

But maybe it's easier to just wait 3 months and not be bothered? Or are these on short supply until the foreseeable?

partime

Received a backorder Email for my non-existing 3090 saying it's not in stock yet.

Patience is a virtue, but at least I'm not in line?

Kenpachii

When nvidia drops the 3080ti with 20gb of v-ram. U can bet your arse 10gb+ of games are incoming and that 3080 will age like a wet noodle. Which could already be the start of next year.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I feel bad for those poor bastards with their RTX 3080s, who convinced themselves that the 10GB would be enough.

When nvidia drops the 3080ti with 20gb of v-ram. U can bet your arse 10gb+ of games are incoming and that 3080 will age like a wet noodle.

Now, I don't have a 10GB 3080 since my order is pushed to February, and my original 2000 dollar budget for a GPU is still on so I could just go for a Ti. But with that said, it's interesting to observe how the usual suspects still rely solely on "feelings" to be overly bombastic. I mean, months and months, day in and day out of "VRAM discussions" and still (!) not a shred of tangible evidence. Fuck, how I miss actual engineers with scientific minds on this forum..

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Now, I don't have a 10GB 3080 since my order is pushed to February, and my original 2000 dollar budget for a GPU is still on so I could just go for a Ti. But with that said, it's interesting to observe how the usual suspects still rely solely on "feelings" to be overly bombastic. I mean, months and months, day in and day out of "VRAM discussions" and still (!) not a shred of tangible evidence. Fuck, how I miss actual engineers with scientific minds on this forum..
If you have $2000 for a GPU, then why not just buy an RTX 3090?

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
they’re not really competing with the 6900xt. 3080/90 are in their own tier due to RT and DLSS perf.

Look at the timing, look at the specs, look at the price. Don't fool yourself. Nvidia knows exactly who it is competing against.

Its competing against AMD rasterization. And its competing against the yet small RT adoption. They know what their custormers are buying and its not RT yet.

Aesius

Not bothered at all. My 3080 is destroying everything I throw at it. And my 4080/Whatever AMD puts out next will do the same when it releases. 10GB of VRAM is plenty.

I capped mine at 85% power limit because dat 650w PSU and it still just chews up every game at 3440x1440.

Chiggs

I'm not going to cancel my 3080 preorder for the simple fact that no one will be able to get a 3080Ti.

I'm very interested to see how Nvidia handles this debut. There's a lot of salt out there already, and I don't really see how they've shored up the supply gap.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I'm very interested to see how Nvidia handles this debut. There's a lot of salt out there already, and I don't really see how they've shored up the supply gap.

Trying to get a 3080 on launch hurt my feelings. Now that I've made it onto a waiting list and guaranteed to get one I'm not budging. Wont go through that negative experience again.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

They're much less than that on eBay. Problem being that you're paying scalpers, although the markup isn't close to the 3080 markup, those things are over a grand each.

I've seen 3060ti restocked quite often compared to the others, keep your eyes on Scan, CCL, Overclockers etc.

Last edited:

Myths

Yeah... as I said glad it never went through for 3080. I’m more interested in what they have to offer as of next month.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Managed to grab a Zotac RTX 3070 today. Should be arriving by next month so I guess I'll be ordering the rest of components after that, just in case anything goes wrong with the order.

So yeah! Hopefully I'll have a shiny new PC by February. :D

tylrdiablos

They're much less than that on eBay.
I'm paranoid about buying GPUs & CPUs from Amazon and eBay because of the horror stories from people getting sent items that have been returned/repackaged and it turning out to be fake/older models.
Example(s):

(Some scammers will even go as far as faking the firmware.)

Dropping £800+ on a GPU and then having someone send me a fake is just far too much hassle. (Especially when you factor in the time it takes for eBay, PayPay and Amazon to do their investigations.) I'd rather go direct to ebuyer, CCL, Scan, Overclockers etc.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm paranoid about buying GPUs & CPUs from Amazon and eBay because of the horror stories from people getting sent items that have been returned/repackaged and it turning out to be fake/older models.
Example(s):

(Some scammers will even go as far as faking the firmware.)

Dropping £800+ on a GPU and then having someone send me a fake is just far too much hassle. (Especially when you factor in the time it takes for eBay, PayPay and Amazon to do their investigations.) I'd rather go direct to ebuyer, CCL, Scan, Overclockers etc.

Literally just buy from someone with a lot of positive feedback on eBay. That's it. I tend to stick to feedback over 100 and above 96% or so. Oh, and don't fall for the "picture of a GPU" listings and such.

eBay covers buyers pretty well. You're fine, it's sellers who often get shafted by people who "didn't receive the item".

dave_d

I think there is no chance to get a card at a reasonable price until march next year, so for the moment I'll stand by
Well your best shot and something sooner would be to try and jump on the EVGA queue for the new cards as soon as that goes up.(Within half an hour of it starting.) Unfortunately that means trying to get something like a 3080ti which is probably going to be expensive as hell or buying one of the lower tier cards like the 3060 6/12gb

Buggy Loop

If a massive, high-production value game like Cyberpunk doesn't make the 10gb feel inadequate, I'm not worried for the immediate future.

Bingo

There could always be a retarded dev that uses 8k textures without any IO management just for shit and giggles, but overall, rasterization will choke before VRAM.

And then there’s DirectStorage coming with RTX IO, VRAM size discussions will be meaningless, outside of pointing out shitty ports.

Dr.D00p

3070 & 3090 FE cards are available on the UK Nvidia store right now if anyone's interested, but as usual, the only card anyone really wants, the 3080's, are still as rare as rocking horse shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom