• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2022 | 45% increase YoY compared to last year, PS5, Switch and then Xbox. COD #1 November and YTD, GoW #2 and Pokemon #3

XXL

So Microsoft managed to finish last with a console selling for $200???

LMAO!
There is nothing enticing about Xbox right now. I've owned a Series X for a while now and there is literally nothing in the semi immediate future aside from Starfield (I'm cautiously optimistic about it) that is making me feel good about owning it.

Last night (at TGA) did NOT inspire confidence. What in the actual fuck are they doing?

So no its not surprising, it's fucking embarrassing and I don't blame anyone for not jumping in. They need to do something aside from promoting GamePass, because for me, that is not enough and other people obviously feel the same way.

They need to show me something exciting and soon.

I got more last night from Quest 2 and PSVR2 than fucking Xbox, like WTF.

Think about that for a second.

Last edited:

Kacho

There is nothing enticing about Xbox right now. I've owned a Series X for a while now and there is literally nothing in the semi immediate future aside from Starfield (I'm cautiously optimistic about it) that is making me feel good about owning it.

Last night (at TGA) did NOT inspire confidence. What in the actual fuck are they doing?

So no its not surprising, it's fucking embarrassing and I don't blame anyone for not jumping in. They need to do something aside from promoting GamePass, because for me, that is not enough and other people obviously feel the same way.

They need to show me something exciting and soon.

I got more last night from Quest 2 and PSVR2 than fucking Xbox, like WTF.

Think about that for a second.
Starfield and FM8 are two huge games for me personally. But I can’t help but feel like we’re owed more after a barren 2022. It’s like they owe interest for the lack of games this year. They better bring it in 2023 or I’m out for good.

LOL Pokemon Scarlet and Violet below God of War. Good! At least some gamers knows what is a Real game and what isn't. Japan is still garbling that Pokemon slop.

Last edited:

Interfectum

There is nothing enticing about Xbox right now.
They are giving AAA games away with a cheap subscription and sold a console for like $200 last month. We are seeing more and more proof that subscription services are not the killer apps they are hyped up to be.

Starfield and the rest may give Xbox a decent boost but, to me, it feels like they have two upcoming issues. Game Pass is not a killer app and the Xbox brand, even with all the value and goodwill, is well below the other two game giants.

Last edited:

graywolf323

I honestly thought the Xbox Series S BF sale would drive a lot more units, I mean it was a great deal you could get for ~$200 net after gift card offers too

and you'd think from a lot of posters here that it would have outsold everything else on it's own without even needing the Series X, is there really not interest in the Series S from the general public? it was advertised heavily for Black Friday too

I honestly thought the Xbox Series S BF sale would drive a lot more units, I mean it was a great deal you could get for ~$200 net after gift card offers too

and you'd think from a lot of posters here that it would have outsold everything else on it's own without even needing the Series X, is there really not interest in the Series S from the general public? it was advertised heavily for Black Friday too
Having to discount something so heavily and sell it on fucking Instagram with $100 coupons and shit is not a sign of strength but weakness.

Strength is advertising that something is actually available for sale and people thinking that alone is a bargain.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Sonic Frontiers and Persona 5 at the list.
SEGA-Atlus is a POWERFUL BEAST ! :lollipop_sunglasses: :pie_raybans:
michael fassbender perfection GIF

Saber

Gold Member
LOL Pokemon Scarlet and Violet below God of War. Good! At least some gamers knows what is a Real game and what isn't. Japan is still garbling that Pokemon slop.

Well, Japan is Nintendo and Pokemon land. I think it would be extremelly hard to beat them there.

Unknown?

Same situation as GameCube. It was sold for $99 but still was outsold by PS2.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I do think it shows exclusive matters, if Xbox had Starfield this could've been different. The delay makes sense to make it the best it can be, unlike Pokemon this needs to be an apex game. Let's see if they can do better next year.

Gambit2483

MS is literally trying to give away Series S. Human psyche is weird in that the easier it is to obtain something supposedly coveted, the less we actually want it.

In other words, no one wants a free Series S by upgrading their phone plan with T-mobile. In fact it turns them OFF to wanting it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I wish we still got numbers, but sadge. Would be good to see what the gulf was
even in percentages or something.

NickFire

2k23 is #7 without counting digital sales if I understand that chart correctly. That is really impressive. I was going to skip this year's version, but might have to reconsider if its selling that well. Might have improved more than I expected.

Last edited:

sandbood

Banned
Pokemon sales without digital sales data and less days than GOWR.

Japan sales data for physical and digital split.
3 days sold through = 4 million units
3 days Physical sales(Famitsu) = 2.5 million units
3 days Digital sales = 1.5 million units

We're missing around 2.5 million units worth of digital sales data on NPD chart for Pokémon that could push the placement over GOWR or even MW2.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
PS5 still trucking along.

Ragnarok putting in work....whew. Basically any new game in the top 10 for all of 2022 is.....dayum.

I legit thought Series consoles had a shot to be 2nd with the Series S promotions.

Oh well. 2023 will be interesting.

Jaybe

Just went back to the top October games since I was on holiday when it released. Holy shit A Plague Tale Requiem didn’t even register on the Top 20 for the month and not a single person commented on it either. It’s like this game has been forgotten and it was actually a quality game too.

Ronin_7

Banned
MS is literally trying to give away Series S. Human psyche is weird in that the easier it is to obtain something supposedly coveted, the less we actually want it.

In other words, no one wants a free Series S by upgrading their phone plan with T-mobile. In fact it turns them OFF to wanting it.
It's a shit console.

It happens with women too... A hot slut is not that interesting anymore... :D

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Once again, it has to be pointed out that on a portfolio management front Xbox has only themselves to blame.

Quite how a company as big and well funded ended up with such a weak line-up over any given year is mind-boggling.

Jaybe

Once again, it has to be pointed out that on a portfolio management front Xbox has only themselves to blame.

Quite how a company as big and well funded ended up with such a weak line-up over any given year is mind-boggling.
Ninja Theory are too busy playing with all the cinematic bells and whistles in Unreal 5 to progress on Hellblade 2. Hellblade 1 released August 2017. I think Compulsion Games went AWOL.

But I heard that Xbox won Black Friday???

What happened Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin ??? Pls explain

Black Friday is 1 day and there are multiple days in November?

We also don't know how close the consoles are. People are imagining a gap large gap between the 3 but ignoring there was a big overall growth for November.

I also made the thread about PS5 winning Cyber Monday but I guess you left that out by incident.

Why am I being called? I never stated who I believed would actually win November.

Top Bottom