• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man Sky or Cyberpunk 2077: Who had the better COMEBACK!?

Who has the better comeback?

• No Man's Sky

Votes: 39 67.2%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need No Man Sky loyalist, Cyberpunk 2077 faithfuls and every one in-between.

Talk about how they launched, what promises they claimed, what actually was shown, who had the better apology, who had the better damage control.

How did they turn it around and repair the game?

Mowcno

Cyberpunk wasn't that bad near launch as long as you weren't playing on console. I played it a bit about a month after it came out on pc and had a fine experience.

No Man Sky has changed into a completely different game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
NMS is as boring now as it was at launch but at least theyve reached most of their goals

CP2077 was great at launch but laughable on console, now its great across the board since ditching last gen.
Well, since ditching last gen and getting another $125m in development work.

mdkirby

Prob give it to no man’s sky, simply as they were a tiny 10 man team, and they haven’t charged a penny for any of their additions or expansion. They also just seem to keep going and going. Where as as good as cyberpunk seems, and as much as they’ve turned things around, the original plan/promise was 2 sizable expansions. They are delivering one, ie they’ve deemed they’ve done enough to redeem their reputation, and now a cut their losses and moved on.

KiteGr

No Man's Sky was a 4 man team way over their heads, and at some point they've lost all their progress in a flod. The content they've added since then can only be described as "A new game on a new engine and 4 expansions worth of content", and they have given it all for free.
Cyberpunk was a known studio who underdelivered, and they've just put the game in a state it should have been, and just charged us for the 1rst expansion.

Synless

No man’s sky without a doubt.

I say that having thoroughly enjoyed Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Cyberpunk2077 still has AI that is light years behind Halo: Combat Evolved (2001).

Hello Games wins this comparison by a landslide.

simpatico

I loved Cyberpunk at launch and it's even better now. NMS is impressive now, but still lacks that fun factor for me. I'll reinstall it and put in a 2 hours session with a new save and just never come back to it.

Top Bottom