• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch is entering “the middle of its life cycle” as it approaches its fourth year, company president Shuntaro Furukawa has said.

Then isn't that mostly on you not Nintendo, I mean Xbox has zero games for me to play it doesn't mean Xbox lacking have games. to me the best third party support are similar to Astral Chain. Mario + Rabbits, TMS#FE and upcoming Bayonetta 3, SMTV, Bravely Default 2 and No more Heroes 3, basically third party developers making exclusives games for Switch.

it's not hard to understand Nintendo thirdparty support is straight up crap. most people have sikero or resident evil 2 as GOTY both are not on switch DMC5 another great game this year not on switch, the lisy can go on and on. I mean you are comparing nintendo output in few exclusives to the entire industry.

Last edited:

EDMIX

it's not hard to understand Nintendo thirdparty support is straight up crap. most people have sikero or resident evil 2 as GOTY both are not on switch DMC5 another great game this year not on switch. I mean you are comparing nintendo output in few exclusives to the entire industry.

I agree with that comparison. Its not the worst as Nintendo has a few titles coming out that are solid, but with DAEMON going multiplatform, it doesn't help. As in, the few titles they do have, can't even stay exclusive for long. Bigger picture, Switch is just no comparison to the PS4 or even XB as a whole. XB might be lacking in exclusives, but if you tell me for lets say 1 whole generation to pick from XB to Switch.....sorry Nintendo, I got to go with the XB. The power difference is a massive deal. It determines what games will likely come and what may not. So If I had ZERO CHOICE, I'm not missing Battlefield, Cyberpunk 2077, Resident Evil remake 2 and 3, DMC5, Sekiro, Fallout 4, Star Wars Fallen Order, all the Assassins Creeds, Evil Within series, Final Fantasy (the real ones please, not that weird phone one on Switch lol), Kingdom Hearts and XB now getting the Yakuza games (starting to, we'll see if more comes), but to the point. MORE is coming on XB and I can expect the same heavy hitters as MS does what it takes to bring content to their system.

Oh, we need Call Of Duty, lets make a better system, oh Gear Of War may not work, lets add more ram...is that good for you? Oh you need our system being like PC to make your game? How do you like it now? Oh, you need our help to get your game out and Japanese games don't do so well on XB? How much can we pay to fill that gap? Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza are on XB.......

People...its safe to say MS is doing what they can BETTER then Nintendo to receive support from install bases and genres that don't often support them. That alone is why if I had to, I'd have to go XB as suppose to Nintendo. I don't honestly believe they do their best to get support. People love crying for them and making excuses....but Nintendo choose to make a portable, they knew its limitations when they started making it. So....clearly they didn't want that support THAT MUCH.

So in terms of the 3rd party support, I 100% agree Nintendo has it the worst by default right now. When E3 and other events come around, they are one of the few install bases that hope a new trailer reveals they'll get support too.... PC, PS and XB install base know they are getting that. They don't sit back and watch a trailer for Battlefront 3 and say "I wonder if it will come to my Playstation".

Danjin44 Danjin44 "to me the best third party support " I also see your point and get its based on what you personally like, for most...its asking to ignore waaaaaaaay too much. So I think they need several things. Buy more teams, they should have did that a long ass time ago imho. Stay consistent, we can't be fucking guessing what they will DO for their next system, we should JUST be guessing power, feature etc. With more teams they can fill that void and with Switch 2,3,4 etc they can build consistency and a health market for trust to have developers know what to expect so that way they have a market for ports, remasters etc so its not this weird fucking yo yo of "Oh you own a Nintendo system, so I guess you only played Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 and not 7,8,9, 2 remake, 3 remake" That crap won't happen if they just have a consistent set up. So they have some work to do before they get there.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
it's not hard to understand Nintendo thirdparty support is straight up crap. most people have sikero or resident evil 2 as GOTY both are not on switch DMC5 another great game this year not on switch, the lisy can go on and on. I mean you are comparing nintendo output in few exclusives to the entire industry.
I’m own both Switch and PS4 I didn’t buy Switch to get same games I get on my PS4, I got it because there are games I want to play that PS4 doesn’t get, it’s that simple.

I don’t want to just own PS4 because I don’t want to miss out on games on Switch like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

If you want games like RDR2 and other big multiplatform games then you already either have PS4 or X1 or PC.

I’m own both Switch and PS4 I didn’t buy Switch to get same games I get on my PS4, I got it because there are games I want to play that PS4 doesn’t get, it’s that simple.

I don’t want to just own PS4 because I don’t want to miss out on games on Switch like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

If you want games like RDR2 and other big multiplatform games then you already either have PS4 or X1 or PC.

I was replying to you saying switch has the games its very subjective since it doesn't have most of the industry backing it. the only game that really must play for me was BOTW, and i got it on Wiiu. for example my type of games. there is a reason the switch fans goes insane when they here a port of 4 year old game is coming the line up is very lacking imo. I did wanna mario odyssey but after playing 3d world and hearing impressions, i lost interest.

Dark souls 3
evil within
resident evil 2
bloodborne
DMC5
sikero
MGSV
spider man
batman arkham knight
GOW
red dead 2
monster hunter world
witcher 3
ace combat 7
gran turimo 5

Zog

Banned
Then isn't that mostly on you not Nintendo
I bought a 360 all those years ago for Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. Microsoft made an effort to get some JRPG's on their console. So yeah, it can be on Nintendo if they haven't covered every genre.

Nintendo have no shame.
They only survive by milking Zelda and Pokemon, and since Nintendo fans are so easily pleased they have no need to make any effort.

Nintendo threads are becoming more and more hysterical. It truly is a sign of how well the Switch is doing that Snoy fans are boiling from the first post on and you can't distinguish anymore what is ironic shitposting and what is downright shitposting.

Danjin44

I was replying to you saying switch has the games its very subjective since it doesn't have most of the industry backing it. the only game that really must play for me was BOTW, and i got it on Wiiu. for example my type of games. there is a reason the switch fans goes insane when they here a port of 4 year old game is coming the line up is very lacking imo. I did wanna mario odyssey but after playing 3d world and hearing impressions, i lost interest.
This less about Switch is lacking games and more about Switch doesn't have the games you want. Then the system simply not for you, same way that Xbox is not for me because it doesn't have the games I want. Again this is more on you not Nintendo, you can't blame them for not making games carter to your taste. Switch is selling well because it's making games people want to play.

This less about Switch is lacking games and more about Switch doesn't have the games you want. Then the system simply not for you, same way that Xbox is not for me because it doesn't have the games I want. Again this is more on you not Nintendo, you can't blame them for not making games carter to your taste. Switch is selling well because it's making games people want to play.

its a combination of hardware and games plus timing on why its selling so well. look at all the top selling games aside from pokemon they were all on WIIU, and the system sold like a turd. Nintendo has very strong brand power when it comes to handhelds. we can say the same about playstation 4 vs xbox one. in north america they are very close sales wise despite sony having the much better exclusives. Europe ROTW sony dominates by like 10 to 1.

Holy shit, did I time travel to 2002?

Grow up, dude.

He's kinda half right. switch owners are paying 60$ for wiiu ports that came out 7 years ago it's sad. pokemon looks like a flash game, a embarrassing low effort and the fans are eating it up. BOTW was a high effort game, and a great game, that actually deserves it sales.

Danjin44

He's kinda half right. switch owners are paying 60$ for wiiu ports that came out 7 years ago it's sad. pokemon looks like a flash game, a embarrassing low effort and the fans are eating it up. BOTW was a high effort game, and a great game, that actually deserves it sales.
So is Astral Chain, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Xenoblade 2, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbits and many more, just because you personally don’t like them it doesn’t make them low effort games.

you seem to think just because you personally don’t like Switch’s selection others shouldn’t either.

Last edited:

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

It's okay to not like Nintendo's software output, but calling it (and their hardware) "no effort" is an objectively incorrect statement.

It's okay to not like Nintendo's software output, but calling it (and their hardware) "no effort" is an objectively incorrect statement.

I wouldn't say no effort but they are taking advantage of the fan base. mario kart 8, tropical freeze, and new mario bros should have been released at 39.99, they are ports of very old games, and pokemon is a embarrassing low effort considering the sales that it gets

So is Astral Chain, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Xenoblade 2, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbits and many more, just because you personally don’t like them it doesn’t make them low effort games.

you seem to think just because you personally don’t like Switch’s selection others shouldn’t either.

ASTRAIL chain is 1 million shipped and its not selling anymore it will end up at 1.3 million which is just ok. the others fair enough.

1.3 million for entirely new IP in niche genre is pretty damn good, and it was really good game. DMCV, well established series sold around 2 million.

dmcv is well over 3 million now. nioh is a new niche IP it sold well 3 million as well.

At the 2019 Game Developers Conference, Itsuno revealed the game had sold more than two million copies, reaching the figure within two weeks of its release. As of September 2019, the game had sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide.

Danjin44

dmcv is well over 3 million now. nioh is a new niche IP it sold well 3 million as well.

At the 2019 Game Developers Conference, Itsuno revealed the game had sold more than two million copies, reaching the figure within two weeks of its release. As of September 2019, the game had sold over 2.7 million copies worldwide.
Nioh is action RPG similar to Souls, thats no longer consider niche and also Nioh is also available both on PC and PS4 but Astral Chain is only on one system.

Nioh is action RPG similar to Souls, thats no longer consider niche and also Nioh is also available both on PC and PS4 but Astral Chain is only on one system.

bayonetta sold over 1 million on 360/ps3 that was considered a failure by sega. In the end 1 million would be just ok for sales unless the game was a low budget title , and astral chain is probably one of the more expensive platinum games.

Danjin44

bayonetta sold over 1 million on 360/ps3 that was considered a failure by sega. In the end 1 million would be just ok for sales unless the game was a low budget title , and astral chain is probably one of the more expensive platinum games.
currently Platinum Games considers Astral Chain as success.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...layers_for_making_astral_chain_such_a_success

astralchain.original.jpg

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
You just wouldn't stop aren't you? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I guess until Nintendo catered exclusively to your demands.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I keep forgetting that the console has only been out for 3 years it feels a lot longer. They can easily cruise through the next 2 years and then release in the spring of the third , or they could dramatically change the form of the switch to easily extend its life cycle for another 2 years after that.

Danjin44

You just wouldn't stop aren't you? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I guess until Nintendo exclusively to your demands.
Most of this conversation isn't "about Switch doesn't have games" its about it doesn't have the games they want. Basically they want Switch be just PS4/X1, I honestly don't want that, I buy Nintendo systems is exactly because its different from PS4/X1.

Danjin44

ok sales can mean a success. I showed you proof though that 1 million can also be considered a failure. bayonetta sold 1 million and was considered a flop from sega, so i think it's fair to say 1 million are just ok sales wise.
To me 1 million sell for new IP that only released on one system pretty damn good. DMCV, popular series released on PS4, X1 and PC and still only mange to only sell 2.7 million.

To me 1 million sell for new IP that only released on one system pretty damn good. DMCV, popular series released on PS4, X1 and PC and still only mange to only sell 2.7 million.

umm DMC5 is well over 3 million by now, it was 2.7 million as September 30 before the holidays. you wanna see the ultimate proof 1 million are just ok sales here is a quote from platinum just a few days ago.

unknown.png

RealGassy

Banned
Most of this conversation isn't "about Switch doesn't have games" its about it doesn't have the games they want.
You can say this about any platform on earth, no matter how shitty it's library is.
Don't like games on Android? Well, it just doesn't have the games you want!
Well, duh!

Those who bought Switch after being suckered in with that strong year with BOTW, SMO and XC2 thinking that will be the norm, can understandably be dissappointed with pretty much anything that came afterwards.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I showed you proof though that 1 million can also be considered a failure. bayonetta sold 1 million and was considered a flop from sega, so i think it's fair to say 1 million are just ok sales wise.

The sales of Bayonetta was considered a failure due to being split between two consoles as well as having a much larger install base. Quit downplaying Astral Chains success, you look ridiculous.

MagnesG

Banned
ok sales can mean a success. I showed you proof though that 1 million can also be considered a failure. bayonetta sold 1 million and was considered a flop from sega, so i think it's fair to say 1 million are just ok sales wise.
That's why Bayo 2 wouldn't had happened without Nintendo funding it, while folks are still bitching why the fuck the game doesn't come out on their favorite platforms.

I wouldn't say no effort but they are taking advantage of the fan base. mario kart 8, tropical freeze, and new mario bros should have been released at 39.99, they are ports of very old games, and pokemon is a embarrassing low effort considering the sales that it gets
MK8D have bunch of tracks and extra modes not released on the original game I think.
New Super Mario Bros Deluxe have New Super Mario Luigi, a completely different game also included.
Only Tropical is a bit weird because it is originally priced $40 on WiiU. Still, it is a damn good game worhty of its $60 price tag for some people so...
I also thought that Valve have always taken advantage of the PC players by not pricing all Steam games $5, they had
kept announcing discounts regularly making us get used to ridiculous prices, and the price are gonna get there anyway in a few years so why not NOW. :messenger_smirking:

The sales of Bayonetta was considered a failure due to being split between two consoles as well as having a much larger install base. Quit downplaying Astral Chains success, you look ridiculous.

I'm not downplaying at all just telling the truth, even platinum doesn't consider it a success yet and they clearly state thats few days ago. the reason why developers make on multiple consoles is because the sales usually more then make up for it. i'm not sure about ps3/360 but pc/xb/ps4 the port process is very easy other wise developers wouldn't port everything to xbone.

Danjin44

You can say this about any platform on earth, no matter how shitty it's library is.
Well, duh!

Those who bought Switch after being suckered in with that strong year with BOTW, SMO and XC2 thinking that will be the norm, can understandibly be dissappointed with pretty much anything that came afterwards.
I personally enjoyed most games came after those, like Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Link’s Awakening, those were really damn good.

Mr Hyde

I'm not downplaying at all just telling the truth, even platinum doesn't consider it a success yet and they clearly state thats few days ago.

Yes you are. And Danjin posted an image where Platinum clearly considers it a success. Nintendo has confirmed it being a success too.

That's why Bayo 2 wouldn't had happened without Nintendo funding it, while folks are still bitching why the fuck the game doesn't come out on their favorite platforms.

MK8D have bunch of tracks and extra modes not released on the original game I think.
New Super Mario Bros Deluxe have New Super Mario Luigi, a completely different game also included.
Only Tropical is a bit weird because it is originally priced $40 on WiiU. Still, it is a damn good game worhty of its $60 price tag for some people so...
I also thought that Valve have always taken advantage of the PC players by not pricing all Steam games $5, they had
kept announcing discounts regularly making us get used to ridiculous prices, and the price are gonna get there anyway in a few years so why not NOW. :messenger_smirking:

Nintendo is the only company that does that and gets away with it, mario kart has a extra mode and the DLC still its a game that came in 2014. mario plus luigi was bundled with the wiiu, still its a old game with dlc. i agree about tropical freeze being a damn good game but selling it 40$ years ago and selling for 60$ on switch is ridiculous and indefensible.

Yes you are. And Danjin posted an image where Platinum clearly considers it a success. Nintendo has confirmed it being a success too.

So you are gonna ignore platinum just saying a few days ago saying they are not sure if it's a success or not? if was a real success they would have never stated that. like i said before ok sales can be made to look like a success when in reality they are just ok sales.

I think the Switch could be helped by more "realistic ports" i.e. ports of last generation titles instead of those which are major downgrades of current generation titles. Not saying they aren't impressive running on mobile tech. A lot of really great games are rarely talked about these days, and they could find a new (and old) audience on the Switch. Why not a Ridge Racer 6 on Switch, Bandai Namco? Or...Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Koei Tecmo?

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Well, duh!

Those who bought Switch after being suckered in with that strong year with BOTW, SMO and XC2 thinking that will be the norm, can understandibly be dissappointed with pretty much anything that came afterwards.
Yeah it doesn't have games that they want, that's true. Should I also call PS4, also having a shitty library? Because there's not even one game that I want to play right now on PS4, I had also felt betrayed thinking that one time wonder (P5 :messenger_tears_of_joy:) would become the norm and understandingly be dissappointed with pretty much anything that came on PS4 afterwards.
Should I weep on the altar? All those shitty walking simulator are not gonna entice me, duh!

Last edited:

RealGassy

Banned
I personally enjoyed most games came after those, like Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Link’s Awakening, those were really damn good.
Well, yes, I enjoyed FE and some other games since then too, but none of those games are even remotely in the same tier.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be till June/July 2020 since anything worth playing comes out, as per usual.
Other than the FE DLC, and some toddler game I don't expect anything till then.
That's where the whole "Switch has no games" meme comes from.

Yeah it doesn't have games that they want, that's true. Should I also call PS4, also having a shitty library? Because there's not even one game that I want to play right now on PS4
Suit yourself, I don't know what PS4 library is like.
AFAIK, every game out on PS4 that I'd like to play are also out on PC (or will be eventually).

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

So you are gonna ignore platinum just saying a few days ago saying they are not sure if it's a success or not?

Are you gonna ignore Platinums image they posted about its success (which came with a note from the director himself saying it was a success) ? Or Nintendos own statements?

It's funny also how you take that quote as straight up facts that Platinum denies its success but you won't acknowledge Platinums hand drawn picture stating it was a success. You're contradicting yourself.

Danjin44

Well, yes, I enjoyed FE and some other games since then too, but none of those games are even remotely in the same tier.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be till June/July 2020 since anything worth playing comes out, as per usual.
Other than the FE DLC, and some toddler game I don't expect anything till then.
That's where the whole "Switch has no games" meme comes from.
I don't know I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion 3 more Mario Odyssey and as much as I love BotW and I personally enjoyed FE more and put over 200 hours in to the game.

I'm also looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, Bayonetta 3, No more Heroes 3 and hopefully SMTV.

Last edited:
Are you gonna ignore Platinums image they posted about its success (which came with a note from the director himself saying it was a success) ? Or Nintendos own statements?

It's funny also how you take that quote as straight up facts that Platinum denies its success but you won't acknowledge Platinums hand drawn picture stating it was a success. You're contradicting yourself.

First off my quote was more recent and it's from the head producer of platinum games. secondly most people that follow games understand that 1 million is the minimum needed for AAA game to break even

Last edited:
Yeah it doesn't have games that they want, that's true. Should I also call PS4, also having a shitty library? Because there's not even one game that I want to play right now on PS4,

I had also felt betrayed thinking that one time wonder (P5 :messenger_tears_of_joy:) would become the norm and understandingly be dissappointed with pretty much anything that came on PS4 afterwards.

Should I weep on the altar? All those shitty walking simulator are not gonna entice me, duh!

I mean if you have PC or xbone you can easily say that. to say the ps4 has a shitty library of games when every developer is supporting it just shows you only enjoy nintendo games and are probably very biased.

Lmfao. Keep on trucking.

Dude name any AAA game or franchise that would be happy with only 1 million total sales . even the head producer said it loud and clear we hope it's a success, and the game came out 5 months ago, he said it just came out obviously common sense would tell you these are ok sales at best

Last edited:

EDMIX

You mean like Microsoft with Halo and Forza?

Or Sony with God of War and Gran Turismo?

All the companies do it. Sequel and reboot every generation.

errrr not really.

I'd say Sony is the only one that seeks to spend on new IP beyond the other 2. As in, Sony is the one spending God of War money on Horizon Zero Dawn...a new IP. Nintendo is not spending Zelda money on a new IP, MS is not spending Halo money on a new IP. If you can count on Sony to do one thing next generation, its go BALLS DEEP in many new AAA IP and very much backing it like an established IP. Nintendo nor MS actually do that. So all 3 do sequels and reboots, only 1 does new IP with the same budget, marketing and backing of an established IP

MagnesG

Banned
I mean if you have PC or xbone you can easily say that. to say the ps4 has a shitty library of games when every developer is supporting it just shows you only enjoy nintendo games and are probably very biased.
Naw not really, I guess only Ouya could count as one. I wouldn't really call platforms that sells millions copies for their blockbuster titles as having shitty libraries.

If you would want to imply that I like gameplay-focused games such as what Nintendo produced then yes I am biased very much.

Last edited:

Danjin44

How’s that any different than someone one mostly enjoys Sony or Microsoft games? Why people acting as its wrong to enjoy Nintendo games?

If you don’t enjoy most Nintendo games then that’s your taste, it doesn’t make Switch’s games bad. I mean you accuse other people being “biased” but yourself “biased” against Nintendo.

Currently there are more exclusive I play on my Switch more than PS4, especially these days when Sony biggest focus is on their first part western games.

Last edited:
Naw not really, I guess only Ouya could count as one. I wouldn't really call platforms that sells millions copies for their blockbuster titles as having shitty libraries.

If you would want to imply that I like gameplay-focused games such as what Nintendo produced then yes I am biased very much.

Fromsoftware is the king of gameplay focused, you actually need to get good. sony games like bloodborne, gran turismo, GOW and spiderman offer a similar approach, they are more gameplay focused then anything nintendo has released on switch. zelda BOTW is all about exploration the combat is trash, mario 3d world and odyssey can be finished with offering little to no challenge, a snooze fest. now tropical freeze yea thats a great platformer can't deny that

Top Bottom