• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo sux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogami

Banned
What's with all this DS BS? Have they forgotten that they've two other systems to support, namely the GCN and GBA?

It's all just DS these days.

It's all DSs fault that Zelda: TP got delayed. Nintendogs was originally a GCN game but no more. No new Mario game for GCN but instead it's for DS, again. Mario 128 and Pilotwings GCN have been taken away, supposedly now for Revolution. But the fact is that GCN is crying.

It's all DS's fault that GBA has been ripped out of so many games as well. Nintendogs, Advance Wars DS, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing DS, Mario and Luigi 2, Kirby DS, all could have been done on GBA. Yeah some features would have been lost, but it could be done on the GBA! GBA is crying too, thanks to DS.

Look at this chart since Nintendo fans like these so much:

nintendo.jpg

All the DS hardware did was taken out the GBA hardware sales, so GBA last year 1st half sales = GBA + DS this year 1st half sales. There's no gain in the portable market at all for Nintendo, despite having one more unnecessary portable system.

And in Japan number of new GBA games last year 1st half have been reduced from 86 to 38, very ouch. Where have those games gone to you ask? Of course to the DS, duh.

And all GCN hardware and software sales have fell greatly too, why? It's the DS again apparently. For all we know they haven't started working on the Revolution yet, since Miyamoto himself said he didn't have the time to work on software due to busy making the controller, and SSB Revolution didn't even have a director until two months ago. So yeah thanks a lot to the DS. The result is Nintendo's 21% profit dropped comparing to last year.

The point of the thread is to say that Nintendo isn't a big enough company to support all 3 systems equally. Plus in the last few years they have only lost 2nd and 3rd party support, and gain nothing. So things are looking bad. They couldn't even support 2 systems properly last gen so how the hell they can support 3? Seriously. I blame the DS for everything.

DS - Worst news ever happened to GCN and GBA fans

Any GCN and GBA fans feel the same?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I blame the DS that my computer harddrive exploded, too.

And cancer.

... but seriously... anyone wanna play Mario Kart? hehe

Mrbob

Nintendo is a portable company first, console company second. Been this way for years now. Get used to it. DS is their money maker so they'll give it the most support.

Oogami

Banned
So GCN and GBA fans don't feel angry at all?

Two perfect systems abandoned thanks to a flawed system..........

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
After the first half of its first year, the DS NEEDED Nintendo's full support.

That said, the GBA isn't done yet. There's literally a SHIT-TON of quality RPGs on their way. And I'm still holding out for a quick release of the final GBA F-Zero game. Honestly, I thought the GBA would have been dead and gone some 8 months ago. I'm happy that's not true.

As for the GCN. Well... it's got a few solid games left, at least, but admittedly, it's on its way out at least as fast as the GBA, if not moreso. But I'm not bitter. It's had a good run, and in some ways, the best is yet to come. One more Zelda game, one more major RPG, one more Kirby, perhaps one more Mario Kart, and a smattering of solid 3rd party support before it goes.

Pimpbaa

Oogami said:
What's with all this DS BS? Have they forgotten that they've two other systems to support, namely the GCN and GBA?

It's all just DS these days.

It's all DSs fault that Zelda: TP got delayed. Nintendogs was originally a GCN game but no more. No new Mario game for GCN but instead it's for DS, again. Mario 128 and Pilotwings GCN have been taken away, supposedly now for Revolution. But the fact is that GCN is crying.

It's all DS's fault that GBA has been ripped out of so many games as well. Nintendogs, Advance Wars DS, Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing DS, Mario and Luigi 2, Kirby DS, all could have been done on GBA. Yeah some features would have been lost, but it could be done on the GBA! GBA is crying too, thanks to DS.

Look at this chart since Nintendo fans like these so much:

nintendo.jpg

All the DS hardware did was taken out the GBA hardware sales, so GBA last year 1st half sales = GBA + DS this year 1st half sales. There's no gain in the portable market at all for Nintendo, despite having one more unnecessary portable system.

And in Japan number of new GBA games last year 1st half have been reduced from 86 to 38, very ouch. Where have those games gone to you ask? Of course to the DS, duh.

And all GCN hardware and software sales have fell greatly too, why? It's the DS again apparently. For all we know they haven't started working on the Revolution yet, since Miyamoto himself said he didn't have the time to work on software due to busy making the controller, and SSB Revolution didn't even have a director until two months ago. So yeah thanks a lot to the DS. The result is Nintendo's 21% profit dropped comparing to last year.

The point of the thread is to say that Nintendo isn't a big enough company to support all 3 systems equally. Plus in the last few years they have only lost 2nd and 3rd party support, and gain nothing. So things are looking bad. They couldn't even support 2 systems properly last gen so how the hell they can support 3? Seriously. I blame the DS for everything.

DS - Worst news ever happened to GCN and GBA fans

Any GCN and GBA fans feel the same?

Buy a DS.

Koomaster

GCN is a perfect system? :/

And the GBA has had it's time in the sun, hundreds of titles, years on the shelf, and is still selling like hotcakes. I'm not seeing a problem that it's time for it's younger brother to take some of the fame.

Juice

What kind of GCN and GBA fans out there aren't generic Nintendo fans? Why wouldn't they also have jumped on the DS bandwagon out of blind loyalty?

Oogami said:

So...Nintendo hasn't milked old franchises enough for your tastes? Is that what you're saying?

How many years has Nintendo worked on GCN Zelda? And how long did it take to create Brain Training DS? Exactly. The DS is a MUCH cheaper system to develop for, and it makes bank with easy hits. Nintendo is smart, they are making games for the latest system on the market. Its been the same way for quite a while. Remember when GBA came out? Not many more AAA N64 games then...

Oogami said:

I'm happy the GCN got abandoned... think of all the BAD 3rd party games that could taint its otherwise spectacular record if Nintendo kept supporting it, therefore expanding its audience. When I look at my bookshelf, lined with Nintendo games, I want to see Mario Party 1 - 7, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, etc. not "Madden NFL: Millenium Edition for fags". No one will remember the PS2. No one will remember the X... what? Already forgot. But Gamecube, with its small -- yet brilliant -- library of games, heralded by such classics as Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, will stand the test of time as one of the best systems ever to grace the gaming world.

Do I feel angry? Not at Nintendo, only at misguided, ridiculous cretins such as yourself.

papercut

Uh...the GBA has been out for a long time already, and its had an amazing run. Nintendo has now moved on to the DS, so you might as well consider it to be the GBA's successor and go out and buy one.

Oogami

Banned
Mejilan said:
After the first half of its first year, the DS NEEDED Nintendo's full support.

That said, the GBA isn't done yet. There's literally a SHIT-TON of quality RPGs on their way.

What are they? Don't tell me about those bunch of FF ports. I want new games.

GCN is a perfect system? :/

More perfect than the DS for sure! Powerful, awesome looking, compact design, unlike the DS.

Deg

Banned
Most GC and GBA owners arent bothered about Nintendo anymore. Thats what. I sold my GBA afew days ago. GC will be gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom