• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

LogN is a GameStop manager, so I presume he is aware of when the N3DS and/or MM 3D are releasing.

Source: post history

If retail employees are sitting on information I would be shocked by the fact that it had not released sooner.

Once something goes to the store level, it's usually expected to be widely known at that point because there are too many people in the know.

Physical was the key word, I think.

Makes me think a unified e-shop, or something like that.

e-shop isn't physical.

It's dual gamepad support.

CHC

If it's the New 3DS the riddle kinda makes no sense since there is not "one" 3DS right now, there's the XL and the regular. If it references the sticks on the 3DS then fine I guess, but you can get the c-stick so in a way there are "two" already.

Anyway I'm overthinking this....

ugoo18

If it is dual Gamepad support i'm not sure how to feel about that, especially if they are expensive. I'd imagine Splatoon local 1v1 would be the game used to introduce or show them off if it was that.

The only other thing it could be besides dual gamepad support is one game being split into two.

Like a Pokemon release situation.

I can't think of any game that could have that happen.

If it s dual Gamepad support i'm not sure how to feel about that, especially if they are expensive. I'd imagine Splatoon local 1v1 would be the game used to introduce or show them off if it was that.

Slimmer design and $99 is my theory.

TheMoon

Could be total coincidence but Nintendo of Australia tweeted this pic at the same time the direct was announced ...

B7M5ct9IcAAEuAv.jpg

That is part of their standard meme tweet cycle. They have tweeted this exact tweet multiple times in recent weeks.

Volotaire

you gaze transfixed upon your screen, awaiting the arrival of Content; this time, however, iwata's face brings not mania but somnia, and you soon find your eyes wrapped in a warm blanket of darkness and stupor

you awaken effortlessly, as from a long untroubled sleep, and find yourself wrinkled and old, a relic joined by the ruins of mankind's glory

the survivors scrambling in the rubble show you the games; All Of The Games, in a sealed vault. you have them all now, all the games that ever will be. no more waiting for announcements. you have one year to finish them all before your withered mass expires. from the corner of your eye, clouded by milky cataracts, you see ageless iwata laughing

lol

Something... Big... Is coming next month. If a mod could PM me, I can go in to further detail.

:eek:

maxcriden

If retail employees are sitting on information I would be shocked by the fact that it had not released sooner.

Once something goes to the store level, it's usually expected to be widely known at that point because there are too many people in the know.

I think store managers are privy to a bit more information than regular employees, and are regularly under at least some degree of small embargo for some pieces of information like this. We did see threads yesterday about GS leaking info about a 2/13 release date for N3DS, and about their planned trade-in promos for N3DS.

I suppose I can also mention I've heard 2/13 from another source associated with GS, as well. No idea if it's legit or reliable, though.

Sorry Nintendo but you're not getting me to buy the New 3DS, but hopefully it will allow people to play Xenoblade who didn't get a chance yet and are not robber barons who can afford a Wii copy.

I hope we get Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Majora's Mask 3D, and one surprise. Those are my dreams.

Top Bottom