• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nin UK: 'A lot of [Wii U] 3rd party games haven't been announced'+ secret features

Mrbob

Terrible interview. This guy didn't really say anything. Speculation as to why we should believe something amazing will be announced before launch when Nintendo had 12 months to get their stuff together?

Hiltz

But they have? Smash Bros?

Anyway, lots of good questions, but not a lot of answers. Guess it's time to play the speculation game again.

That's true. However, Smash Bros was announced way too early. Masahiro Sakurai clearly isn't ready to discuss concrete details about the game's cross-platform connectivity.

Wiz

That's true. However, Smash Bros was announced way too early. Masahiro Sakurai clearly isn't ready to discuss concrete details about the game's cross-platform connectivity.

True. We at least know it's in their plans.

Really. Some of the things he chose not to answer merit that much secrecy?

In what sort of competitive disadvantage will Nintendo fall if they confirm NintendoLand as a pack in? These guys announced a console 18 moths in advance, that's how you put yourself in a competitive disadvantage.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Whole lot of Nintendo damage control in the media today. Seems the pendulum has swung the other way again.

I predict during "launch window", Wii U will yet get:

-Call of Duty: Black Ops II
-Madden NFL 13 and FIFA Soccer 13
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
-At least one Codemasters racer
-A Sonic platformer
-Games published by Capcom, Konami, Square Enix, Tecmo Koei and maybe Level 5

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

-A Sonic platformer

This one should be at launch. And expect Vita version to release later compared to all the others.

hatchx

Banned

-A Sonic platformer

Hopeful guy, huh?

Did Nintendo actually say that ?

They may not have used those exact words but E3 2012 was intended to be their massive re-unveilment of the Wii U spilling a lot of info about the Wii U. By the time Nintendo did their E3 press conference I believe the only major surprise was Nintendoland and Project P-100.

Did Nintendo actually say that ?
No, in fact, they said they wouldn't release information on price, release date or launch line-up at E3. And that's exactly what we got, nothing. :lol

The whole E3 presentation was an excuse to advertise Nintendo Land.

I don't care, really, they still have time to announce some 2013 games, probably around September or so.

RagnarokX

Pretty much. Why they wouldn't announce all these "other games" and "features" at E3 is beyond me

Most likely to not overshadow the launch games. But people know what to expect and those expectations are overshadowing the launch games anyway. Also Nintendo appears to be concerned about idea theft, especially with Sony and MS both already jumping on the wagon.

Normally what would happen is they have to get off the TV because Dad wants to watch the news, and they go off somewhere else. But with the Wii U, he can come home and the kids can either use the control pad to continue playing the game, or Dad can use the control pad to watch the news.

What? You can watch TV on the controller?

No, in fact, they said they wouldn't release information on price, release date or launch line-up at E3. And that's exactly what we got, nothing. :lol

The whole E3 presentation was an excuse to advertise Nintendo Land.

I don't care, really, they still have time to announce some 2013 games, probably around September or so.

Nintendo didn't say anything about launch lineup. They said they wouldn't talk about price or release date. But of course, they basically DID talk about launch lineup, by deciding not to talk about anything that wasn't making launch. It's not a mystery what's gonna be at launch, like it normally is after they reveal all the tons of games being worked on for the system.

What? You can watch TV on the controller?

You can use the controller as a remote-control for your TV/cable box

dose

I don't get this

Part of the thing with the control pad is, say the kids are at home playing a game and Dad comes home. Normally what would happen is they have to get off the TV because Dad wants to watch the news, and they go off somewhere else. But with the Wii U, he can come home and the kids can either use the control pad to continue playing the game, or Dad can use the control pad to watch the news. To me, it makes it something that will be on the coffee table in every home.
What is the point of that? If he's using the control pad to watch the news his kids can't carry on playing the game, as their Dad is using the controller!

You can use the controller as a remote-control for your TV/cable box

That's not what he said. He specifically said the dad could come home and watch the news on the controller.

And as dose pointed out, that would mean the kids can't play anyways. What a jerk the dad is
KuGsj.gif

The general manager of Nintendo UK is at least aware of most of those unannounced titles.
Nah, mate. This is the general manager of Nintendo UK. I repeat, Nintendo UK. This guy knows probably 1/25th of what Reggie does. And Reggie doesn't know much either. What a boring, pointless interview.

That's not what he said. He specifically said the dad could come home and watch the news on the controller.

And as dose pointed out, that would mean the kids can't play anyways. What a jerk the dad is
KuGsj.gif

It said he can use the control pad to watch the news - that's not watching it on the controller. Dad's even more of a jerk!

Redford

aka Cabbie
Not fond of how they keep shoving the NSMBU Mario down our throats every time someone inquires about core first-party titles. Especially when that Mario game isn't 3D. They don't go beyond talking about Mario, almost as though there aren't any other franchise instalments in development

There obviously are, but they don't sound like they care to really dispel the notion.

http://i.imgur.com/aj9BJ.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I don't understand the apparent incredulity of that sentence.

JiuJitsuka

Neo Member
Part of the thing with the control pad is, say the kids are at home playing a game and Dad comes home. Normally what would happen is they have to get off the TV because Dad wants to watch the news, and they go off somewhere else. But with the Wii U,...
aj9BJ.gif

Top Bottom