• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier: Replicant finally confirmed for TGS 2020 (Danjin44 GET ITT!!!)

mcz117chief

the lost shrine to the Shadowlord's castle really ought to get fixed as it simply doesn't fit geographically in the final game.
It doesn't really matter, it just makes the whole game feel more dream-like, kind of like Dark Souls 2 and its random geography.

Last edited:

Labolas

lfffri.gif

God i hope they don't fuck this up. Taro confirmed he's not involved in an interview which has me worried. I still own the original though just in case.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It doesn't really matter, it just makes the whole game feel more dream-like, kind of like Dark Souls 2 and its random geography.

Totally agree, I just brought it up it as Yoko has mentioned that they did in fact plan it (the mountains behind the lost shrine even in the released game were built to allow it) but had to cut it because they were so behind on schedule.

Its going to be interesting I guess because this is the first time Yoko's been given a second chance at one of his projects.
From Taura's comments on working with him on Automata, he's not the laid-back prankster he presents himself as in the office, and actually has a very particular vision and is very hands-on about detail, so he might look on this as an opportunity to fix up as many things that bugged him back in 2010 as possible.

That being said, I guess it depends on how thinly his time is spread across projects. Been saying for months that I suspect he's directing Babylon's Fall, while just keeping an eye on these other projects. Could be totally off-base, but objectively given how profitable Automata turned out to be, I can't see SE sidelining him on small projects as a follow-up.

4.5million units on a B-tier budget versus, for example, Kingdom Hearts 3's 5m+... That's the sort of result that buys a creative a lot of support at the corporate level.

Top Bottom