• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicholas Hoult cast as Lex Luthor in Superman Legacy

FunkMiller

Great casting... but nothing about this project so far has me excited that we're going to see a fresh take on Superman. Luthor... again. And some villain team that nobody has ever heard of?

Where's Brainiac? Or Metallo? Bizarro? Parasite? Mongul?

Why is it the same thing, over and over? Why is Hollywood terrified of giving us an actual comic book accurate Superman, with all the wild shit?

Little Mac

It's almost a mirror image.

Cat Clone GIF

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Great casting... but nothing about this project so far has me excited that we're going to see a fresh take on Superman. Luthor... again. And some villain team that nobody has ever heard of?

Why is it the same thing, over and over? Why is Hollywood terrified of giving us an actual comic book accurate Superman, with all the wild shit?

Rumors say the villain is brainiac.

The Authority comes from Wildstorm. Picture The Authority as a more powerful version of The Elite.

I'm Wildstorm comics, the Authority were kind of a dark parody of the Justice League... Kinda like The Seven but not evil.

Wildstorm Comics were officially absorbed into DC proper a few years ago. That's why you see some Wildcats characters in the comics every now and then.

FunkMiller

Rumors say the villain is brainiac.

The Authority comes from Wildstorm. Picture The Authority as a more powerful version of The Elite.

I'm Wildstorm comics, the Authority were kind of a dark parody of the Justice League... Kinda like The Seven but not evil.

Wildstorm Comics were officially absorbed into DC proper a few years ago. That's why you see some Wildcats characters in the comics every now and then.

Well, I hope that’s true about Brainiac. I think the inclusion of these small scale characters is a mistake. Wildstorm was a very niche brand. Feels like Gunn is just trying to recreate GotG, which is a mistake in this day and age.

bitbydeath

Don’t forget Green Lantern.

He joins a cast that includes David Corenswet in the title role, and Emmy winner Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane. They’re joined by Nathan Fillion as Guy Gardner/Green Lantern, Maria Gabriela de Faria as The Engineer, Isabela Merced as Hawkgirl, Edi Gathegi as Mr. Terrific, and Anthony Carrigan as Metamorpho.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Gunn is a master of casting. It's one of his best skills. I'm not immediately blown away by this choice, but he must have seen something.

Billbofet

This is a good call. Never would have thought of him as Lex, but after reading this, it's perfect.
Way better than the Marvel casting lately.

Trilobit

Dude was hilarious in The Menu. But I really want Lex with a clean shaved head in the movie. If Rosenbaum could do it for many season I think Hoult can do it for a few months of filming.

SJRB

Gold Member
How was Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor?
I never saw the movie.

Beyond dreadful. I don't know if it was Snyder or Eisenberg who decided to make him basically a spazz on the spectrum, but holy shit what a bizarre take on such an established character.

Top Bottom