• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '23/'24 |OT| Bradyless Edition

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Baltimore Ravens

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• New York Jets

• Detroit Lions

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Seattle Seahawks

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

• New Orleans Saints

• Atlanta Falcons

• Cleveland Browns

• New York Giants

• Denver Broncos

• Green Bay Packers

• Tennessee Titans

• New England Patriots

• Carolina Panthers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManaByte

It isn't easy to win in the NFL, regardless. That's what makes 70 -10 so impressive.
image.png.b512ac587bc47ff24857d06e6c927d01.png

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
49ers defense didnt look as strong yesterday but they definitely picked it up in the 2nd half with 2 picks and only 3 points allowed (not counting a meaningless FG as time expired). They have a short week but it is their first home game on Thursday.

49ers defense didnt look as strong yesterday but they definitely picked it up in the 2nd half with 2 picks and only 3 points allowed (not counting a meaningless FG as time expired). They have a short week but it is their first home game on Thursday.
Something didn't seem right about that field goal. I guess a guy put $64,000 on the Rams to cover the 7.5 point spread and got it with that meaningless field goal.

I thought the rams played well and were much tougher than they had been given credit for. If they play like that most weeks. They will win more than they lose

A bold effort by Stafford. But with 50+ passing attempts, you got to expect some to be picked off or batted in the air

They really did give the 49ers a work out in the first half and hopefully that takes away any ‘over confidence’ thoughts at the 9ers on offence 🤞👍

The defence really made that pocket a scary place for Stafford in that second half, but it took till then to make adjustments for all the quick, short inside throws the rams managed all first half

Normally I just laugh when the rams play the 49ers. But this time they really did impress me with their fight

As we draw to a close on week 2 here are some of my takeaways.

The Good

DAL: Dallas's defense is without a doubt the best defense in the league right now. The innovative ways they create a pass rush gives them opportunities to get turnovers. The issue that's gonna plague Dallas this year is Dak Prescott. If he doesn't turn the ball over they have enough weapons on offense to threaten the Eagles in the division.

PHI: They're still one of the best teams in the NFC they just need to get healthy on defense. I still don't understand why they didn't play Swift much week one. He adds so much to their offense and if he can stay healthy him and Hurts make a dangerous one two punch.

SF: San Francisco's zone running attack is the best in the league hands down. Shanahan just adds wrinkles here and there that makes their running game so effective. Add a defense that's anchored by Nick Bosa and Fred Warner and you have one of the most physical front 7 in the NFC. The only thing that is keeping San Francisco from being one of the top 3 teams in the NFL is quarterback. Brock Purdy needs to improve his deepball for San Fran to have any chance at going to the Superbowl.

MIA: Mike McDaniel Is one of the best offensive minds in football. His ability to scheme wide receivers open and create mismatches makes Miami one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL. He has turned Tua from a game manager into a potential NFL MVP. If Vic Fangio can get their defense right the Dolphins might run away with the AFC East.

The Bad

The Sean McVay coaching tree:
Where to start with Zac Taylor. How about playing an obvious hurt Joe Burrow with a very bad offensive line. Burrow has been hurried 38 times, hit 15 times resulting in 3 sacks. Taylor's lack of creativity on offense has hurt Cincinnati's ability to push the ball down the field and the Bengals usually start slow but this feels different. The amount of money they spent on the o line has not worked out and their defensive front has given up over 380 yards on the ground in their first 2 games. Last year they finished 7 in the league in run defense.

Brandon Staley who was known for his savvy analytic based defense with the Rams has struggled to translate it over to the Chargers. Even with the talent they have on the defensive side of the ball they've given up a total of 63 points in 2 games. I can give them a break in the Miami game but giving up 27 points against the Titans is inexcusable. Staley has serious issues with clock management and decision-making since becoming a head coach and it's only gotten worse. The Chargers have way too much talent on the offense and defense to be 0-2.

Kevin O'Connell offense has had its ups and downs with untimely turnovers mixed with a unstoppable passing attack but mental mistakes on defense mixed with a lack of talent keeps Minnesota out of the win column again this week.

Teams I'm watching out for:

Browns- If Watson can get going the Browns have a shot to win the division.

Falcons- Have a win against a good opponent lol

Tampa Bay- Baker needs to show some consistency for me to take Tampa Bay seriously.

Baltimore- Beating Houston and Cincinnati isn't much but it's a start. Week 4 against the Browns will be a good test for the Ravens and may decide the AFC North early.

Last edited:

Aesius

Titans game was great in the second half and overtime.
Tannehill got his confidence back. Helps that he actually has multiple options at WR now in DHop, Burks, and NWI.

Spears being a viable option at RB is going to help Henry big time.

We have a kicker.

And the defense is still pretty stout, especially in the red zone.

I was all about blowing it up and tanking this year, but I think they can actually win the AFCS this year.

Pallas

Tannehill got his confidence back. Helps that he actually has multiple options at WR now in DHop, Burks, and NWI.

Spears being a viable option at RB is going to help Henry big time.

We have a kicker.

And the defense is still pretty stout, especially in the red zone.

I was all about blowing it up and tanking this year, but I think they can actually win the AFCS this year.
Having a competent kicker at last, that trade for Folk was the most important thing the Titans did in the off-season. Having a bad kicker cost us a few games in the past.

Aesius

Having a competent kicker at last, that trade for Folk was the most important thing the Titans did in the off-season. Having a bad kicker cost us a few games in the past.
Yeah. It's crazy that we didn't prioritize kicker seeing as how Vrabel loves to win games like we won yesterday. Down to the wire and kick a FG to win it.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
What happened?! How bad is chubbs knee injury
He is at minimum out for the season. Possibly for good. It was a Willis McGahee/Alex Smith/Joe Theisman level injury.

His knee bent in ways that knees are not meant to bend. It was so bad they refused to show the replay.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He is at minimum out for the season. Possibly for good. It was a Willis McGahee/Alex Smith/Joe Theisman level injury.

His knee bent in ways that knees are not meant to bend. It was so bad they refused to show the replay.
Just saw it. You're right, potential career ending. Tragic, if so.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Just saw it. You're right, potential career ending. Tragic, if so.
Yeah, when your knee makes the letter L in a sideways direction it's usually not good for your career.

Especially for a power back like him. I'm hoping for the best though. Rest in peace to a million fantasy teams as well.

Ecotic

I just saw that Chubb injury, that's about the worst I've ever seen. I hope he'll be taken care of, and get his money and make a healthy recovery even if he never plays again.

I watched the video of the injury on Twitter. I kept thinking it had to be the end of it but it kept getting worse. Same knee he fucked up in college IIRC.

TheGrat1

Saw the replay of Chubb's injury in the stadium, the entire place let out a collective "oooh." Apparently he has only torn his mcl, the man's knee is built different.

Top Bottom