• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Gingen

Banned
Look at the aliasing at the top of the car in both shots, it perfectly matches the aliasing in his image. It's exactly the same, only the color has changed and it really does look like you hopped into photoshop and hit up the blur tool. LOL stop lying.

Oh my god... you can't be serious.... :messenger_downcast_sweat:

however it is clear that after the fall of neogaf this topic has become just a crew of forza fanboys/gt haters.... posting here is just a waste of time

I go to play the real GTS. All of you continue to search glitch and tricks to misrepresent the game if it's the only funny thing left in your lives

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't planning on being cheap here, but if this is seriously a thread comparing best visuals, I think it's worth noting that there are a ton of things GTS can't even be in contention for. Obviously I can run Forza and PCars2 beyond 60fps. Both run at a native 4K. Both have some degree of day/night TOD changes, both have weather effects which in Forza 7's case are extremely well implemented. GT6 had more features, cars, tire smoke, TOD changes, and weather effects than GTS. I've championed the things GTS does well here but overall I don't even consider GTS a full release title compared to the other two. It's the first GT game I didn't bother buying because it smells of Prologue. Maybe in a console generation or two we'll see a stable 60fps/4K game from PD with all the features it's missing.

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
He's not lying. Look at the bright edge of the roof of your image against the pavement. Your image is just as aliased as the other one is. Re-do it in white and you should see the aliasing all over.

He's lying.

This time the car is white and the difference it's even more clear

granturismosport_2018fni3i.png

1237meny.png

try to deny the obvious now....

shame on all of you

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
He's lying.

1237meny.png

shame on all of you
Funny that my image is much sharper than yours, are you using photoshop to soften your image lol or is your car in motion where the CB effect softens the image. And you are still not talking about the car model, why is the interior in your OWN shot (that is not cherrpicked) muddy and low quality? Why don't you respond to that? Is this fake to?
30859271527_660d6d61f0_o.png

thelastword

Banned
G gtwin
_1993__nissan_skyline_gt_r_v_spec__r32__by_shoobarubaja-darkrww.jpg

This blue car looks so bad, flat and bland lighting, weak materials, no proper occlusion, weaker textures on pavement et al...If it wasn't for the orange jumpsuit guy, the GTS shot would full many that it was real.....The Forza shot, you see it's a game right away......You don't even have to blink..

GTS
r4uLBx4.jpg

Great lighting and materials.......Just amazing what PD has done this gen on 1.84TF....

He's lying.

1237meny.png

shame on all of you

Stop with the "shame on you" garbage. You keep calling "LIAR! LIAR" but I'm still not really sure what I'm lying about.

Even in your newest "proof" image the roof and sides of the car are just as badly aliased as before.

Your image on the left, Turk's on the right. The aliasing around the windows appears to be at a higher resolution than the aliasing in the rest of your image.
2mT3Cqh.jpg

How is it that your images displays all the same aliasing issues around the car as Turk1993's, but the areas he highlighted are somehow completely smooth? The image you posted appears to have been selectively feathered.

petrus91

Funny that my image is much sharper than yours, are you using photoshop to soften your image lol or is your car in motion where the CB effect softens the image. And you are still not talking about the car model, why is the interior in your OWN shot (that is not cherrpicked) muddy and low quality? Why don't you respond to that? Is this fake to?
30859271527_660d6d61f0_o.png
Is this quality or performance mode on PS4 Pro? The IQ is just horrible on this shot, I must admit.

Gingen

Banned

Do you still have the courage to speak after I've demonstrate that you're a liar who makes false images? shame on you, I have no more time to waste with a troll like you

petrus91

Stop with the "shame on you" garbage. You keep calling "LIAR! LIAR" but I'm still not really sure what I'm lying about.

Even in your newest "proof" image the roof and sides of the car are just as badly aliased as before.

Your image on the left, Turk's on the right. The aliasing around the windows appears to be at a higher resolution than the aliasing in the rest of your image.
2mT3Cqh.jpg

How is it that your images displays all the same aliasing issues around the car as Turk1993's, but the areas he highlighted are somehow completely smooth? The image you posted appears to have been selectively feathered.

That’s strange indeed...might require a moderator check? Shouldn’t it?

Turk1993

2mT3Cqh.jpg

He just want to dodge the real comparison of the car model, thats why he is starting this fake IQ discussion.

Gingen

Banned

2mT3Cqh.jpg

My image is a directly copy paste from PS4 to usb drive and upload on internet. The one that posts fake pictures is your friend

Turk1993

Do you still have the courage to speak after I've demonstrate that you're a liar who makes false images? shame on you, I have no more time to waste with a troll like you
You haven't demonstrated nothing but your own fake edited pics and low quality car model. What kind of trolling is this, like seriously get some help.

My image is a directly copy paste from PS4 to usb drive and upload on internet. The one that posts fake pictures is your friend

I've pointed out some clear manipulation in your image. The aliasing in the areas Turk1993 pointed out is at a higher resolution than the rest of your image. The PS4 doesn't display multiple resolutions at the same time in the same frame. This is a technique called feathering, and it's generally used to edit the edges of clipped images in photoshop. The window line should be the same resolution as the line on the roof, but in your image the window line is almost perfectly smooth. Even my PC screen grabs with FXAA, and 8 MSAA passes can't produce a line that clean.

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
You haven't demonstrated nothing but your own fake edited pics and low quality car model. What kind of trolling is this, like seriously get some help.

Edited my balls... the image is 100% genuine from PS4. It's even more clear that this topic is only a GT haters reunion point

petrus91

I've pointed out some clear manipulation in your image. The aliasing in the areas Turk1993 pointed out is at a higher resolution than the rest of your image. The PS4 doesn't display multiple resolutions at the same time in the same frame. This is a technique called feathering, and it's generally used to edit the edges of clipped images in photoshop. The window line should be the same resolution as the line on the roof, but in your image the window line is almost perfectly smooth. Even my PC screen grabs with FXAA, and 8 MSAA passes can't produce a line that clean.

That’s so sad...photoshopping photos in a comparison thread...

Patrick S.

Banned
Both Forza and GTS can produce incredibly beautiful and incredibly drab images. Please don't forget that FH4 is an open world game. Just enjoy your games and stop pissing on each other just for having a different preference in driving games, for Christ's sake :/ Aren't there more important things in life to worry about than the polycount of the headlights of a virtual racecar?

Gingen

Banned

you are inventing a bunch of lies to not admitting that you are wrong

another geniuos..... my image is 100% genuine, check the metadata, check what you want, sent it to FBI for a control

The really sad thing is, the aliasing in the rest of the image is actually worse than in Turk1993's image.

It's the same in the latest FH4. LOL

uEiHhRm.png

fYnZKsQ.png
Geezuz… what kind of potato was running FH4 to get pics like that? Seriously though, that Skyline's headlights in every Forza have been outright awful. I don't think anyone here would argue that one. They remind me of the replaceable plexiglass lenses we use a work on the spotlights.

you are inventing a bunch of lies to not admitting that you are wrong

another geniuos..... my image is 100% genuine, check the metadata, check what you want, sent it to FBI for a control

I don't need the FBI, I just inserted your own posted image into my editing software, threw a high-pass on it to highlight the edges, and immediately caught the manipulation. Did you even look at the image I posted? Either it was manipulated, or your PS4 selectively applied god-tier anti-aliasing only to the lines Turk1993 pointed out in his image but forgot the rest, is that what you're trying to tell me?

Gingen

Banned
I don't need the FBI, I just inserted your own posted image into my editing software, threw a high-pass on it to highlight the edges, and immediately caught the manipulation. Did you even look at the image I posted? Either it was manipulated, or your PS4 selectively applied god-tier anti-aliasing only to the lines Turk1993 pointed out in his image but forgot the rest, is that what you're trying to tell me?

I'm sorry for you and your garbage editing software but the image is 100% a directly copy paste from PS4 to internet

Someone should probably inform Adobe their software is shit. I wonder if they knew this whole time? It was the ultimate long con, I've been using their product for decades. Those bastards! :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Gingen

Banned
Someone should probably inform Adobe their software is shit. I wonder if they knew this whole time? It was the ultimate long con, I've been using their product for decades. Those bastards! :messenger_grinning_squinting:

I'm uploading a video to definitively proof that the image is directly captured from PS4 without any manipulation. After that you and your friends have to log out or receive an year ban :)

Gingen

Banned

The "god-tier anti-aliasing" is there! captured inside the GT sport directory, impossible to manipulate

Someone now have to log out for an year :)

GT definitely has the best lighting and car models. However, this only shines outside of gameplay. PD are wizards with this and replays as well. However, when it comes to actual gameplay graphics, Others have had them beat since GT4 in my opinion. GT5/6 had many problems, framerate and aliased shadows in particular. GTS is a big improvement over those, but during gameplay, Forza and Project Cars has them beat for the most part. Sure, we can all cherry pick images and make GTS look better in some situations, but gameplay vs. gameplay GTS is no longer king. Granted, some of this is due to inferior hardware. But there used to be the day where PD was king regardless. It's not like PS4 pro is that deficient. Competition has caught up.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
This thread is generating a high number of reports. Please put a rev limiter on the aggressive nature of your posts and try to engage in a more civil manner.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
The thing that keeps this thread going is the shit from most people who don't own both consoles posting different model ie scapes and photo mode. I think both Forza games and GTS look great but they both have their downfalls, but GTS fans need to let it go, it's not the best at everything and neither is Forza but the difference is most Forza fans would admit that, but it appears most in this thread GTS fans would not admit it.

The thing that keeps this thread going is the shit from most people who don't own both consoles posting different model ie scapes and photo mode. I think both Forza games and GTS look great but they both have their downfalls, but GTS fans need to let it go, it's not the best at everything and neither is Forza but the difference is most Forza fans would admit that, but it appears most in this thread GTS fans would not admit it.

i commend the spirit of your post, but the thick part shows that you haven't been following this topic very well. this shitshow goes back to really absurd forza 5 vs drive club comparisons.

Gingen

Banned

Even digital foundry has stated that GTS is graphically better than FM7... the only ones that don't admit this simple fact are the Forza fans

LostDonkey

Even digital foundry has stated that GTS is graphically better than FM7... the only ones that don't admit this simple fact are the Forza fans

Lol. No. They did not say that at all.

They said both games look fantastic and have strengths and weaknesses over each other. At the end of the day GT does some things better than Forza and Forza does things better than GT. Which ever you choose youll have a great racing game.

Filben

how can anybody say such a thing? that's probably the worst lighting on the last 100 pages of this topic. soooo flat...
Because it looks good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, I also didn't realise how old this thread it; it just came up and I've read through the couple of first posts.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
i commend the spirit of your post, but the thick part shows that you haven't been following this topic very well. this shitshow goes back to really absurd forza 5 vs drive club comparisons.
Well i'm just going off the last year onwards since i've been a member, the latest games, and the general feeling is GTS has better lighting but i did look in on those Driveclub Gifs and shots and wondered why my version didn't look like that when i was playing it.

Last edited:

Turk1993

The "god-tier anti-aliasing" is there! captured inside the GT sport directory, impossible to manipulate

Someone now have to log out for an year :)

Lol is this your prove, i can do the same thing too if you want haha. But please before we continue on the IQ, can you please tell me why the car model looks so low poly with muddy interior in your OWN gameplay shot. Since that was the orginal comparison we where discussing with you where you said that it was better in GTS wich i showed you that it wasn't. Don't dodge the question, just a simple anwser why? :messenger_winking:.

Lol is this your prove, i can do the same thing too if you want haha. But please before we continue on the IQ, can you please tell me why the car model looks so low poly with muddy interior in your OWN gameplay shot. Since that was the orginal comparison we where discussing with you where you said that it was better in GTS wich i showed you that it wasn't. Don't dodge the question, just a simple anwser why? :messenger_winking:.

So if you were to take a screenshot from GTS, then draw a big red happy face on it in photoshop, you could get it into the same directory it came from like he shows in the video?

Turk1993

Just like i tought in my previous post (15.905), its the CB kicking in motion where it makes some parts of the screen randomly smoother at lower rez. When you stop it becomes sharp again but with aliasing. Thats the reasons he didn't show his speedometer haha. Here have a look
still
45768624762_512f1673a0_o.png

motion
45768626762_6dffa547a9_o.png

still
45817819211_eba7ecc03a_o.png

motion
45768627882_315e60bba9_o.png

Now that this is out the way, im waiting on his reply about the car model it self without dodging the real comparison

So if you were to take a screenshot from GTS, then draw a big red happy face on it in photoshop, you could get it into the same directory it came from like he shows in the video?
No, what i meant was i can show my image galerie from my Pro to in a video where my image i posted here is located at. You know the one he calls fake and cherrypicked.

urmie

Just like i tought in my previous post (15.905), its the CB kicking in motion where it makes some parts of the screen randomly smoother at lower rez. When you stop it becomes sharp again but with aliasing. Thats the reasons he didn't show his speedometer haha

Now that this is out the way, im waiting on his reply about the car model it self without dodging the real comparison

No, what i meant was i can show my image galerie from my Pro to in a video where my image i posted here is located at. You know the one he calls fake and cherrypicked.

Damn nice job. Glad to see some technical explanations explaining what is going in.

"Facts don't care about your feelings." - Ben Shapiro

Just like i tought in my previous post (15.905), its the CB kicking in motion where it makes some parts of the screen randomly smoother at lower rez. When you stop it becomes sharp again but with aliasing. Thats the reasons he didn't show his speedometer haha. Here have a look
still

motion

still

motion

I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out how only a small area changed from image to image. I can duplicate it completely with photoshop, but when he put up the video I couldn't really say anymore since I don't have a PS4. That explains everything then, including the resolution change in the aliasing on the car and the slightly blurrier image. It wasn't doctored like I had originally thought though, just a trick using the game itself. How clever! Honestly the checkerboard seems to actually help the game, not sure why anyone would want to pretend it didn't exist if it helps the game look better. Stranger still, if he knew how your images were more aliased, why didn't he just point the reason out instead of the theatrics? I turn off my HUD except for the speedo/tach when I play, never the other way around. How diabolical :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Way to go the extra mile!

Turk1993

I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out how only a small area changed from image to image. I can duplicate it completely with photoshop, but when he put up the video I couldn't really say anymore since I don't have a PS4. That explains everything then, including the resolution change in the aliasing on the car and the slightly blurrier image. It wasn't doctored like I had originally thought though, just a trick using the game itself. How clever! Honestly the checkerboard seems to actually help the game, not sure why anyone would want to pretend it didn't exist if it helps the game look better. Stranger still, if he knew how your images were more aliased, why didn't he just point the reason out instead of the theatrics? I turn off my HUD except for the speedo/tach when I play, never the other way around. How diabolical :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Because he is a troll and he can't face the fact that GTS in game car model is not as good as Forza's, thats why he started this fake IQ discussion because he couldn't say anything about the car model itself. IMO it looks good too in motion, its better than the aliasing you see while staying still.

Hage Kamo

still

motion

still

motion

Interior ...

Gingen

Banned
still

motion

still

motion

Thank you for showing that:

1. My screenshot was 100% real, so who has accused me of editing the image with photoshop should be ashamed and log out for 1 year

2. All the images that you produce are the result of shabby tricks to misrepresent the game. For what reason in a racing game I should sit still in the middle of the track like an idiot? when you play the aliasing is minimal, thats the reasons you didn't show the speedometer in your first image, now your trick is clear haha

Gingen

Banned
I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out how only a small area changed from image to image. I can duplicate it completely with photoshop, but when he put up the video I couldn't really say anymore since I don't have a PS4. That explains everything then, including the resolution change in the aliasing on the car and the slightly blurrier image. It wasn't doctored like I had originally thought though, just a trick using the game itself. How clever! Honestly the checkerboard seems to actually help the game, not sure why anyone would want to pretend it didn't exist if it helps the game look better. Stranger still, if he knew how your images were more aliased, why didn't he just point the reason out instead of the theatrics? I turn off my HUD except for the speedo/tach when I play, never the other way around. How diabolical:messenger_grinning_smiling:

1. because I've never tried to sit still in the middle of the track like an idiot, in a racing game I drive and when I drive there is no aliasing. Now we have discovered what sleazy trick your friend use to produce images with bad IQ

2. I play only from cockpit view without that useless and huge HUD at the bottom of the screen, the speedo / tach is already incorporated in the cockpit of the car

3. as usual you are completely misrepresenting the reality: it's not me that hid the speedometer to hide the fact that I was moving (which is absolutely normal in a racing game), is your friend that hid the speedometer to hide the fact that he sit still in the middle of the track to take advantage of this trick that makes the IQ worse

The whole "sitting still" argument doesn't matter one bit. Of course a racing game is mostly going to be seen in motion, but standstill shots are still a valid representation of the game.

And besides, it seems that most Forza pics posted in here are also taken standing still. They're the same situation so the comparison is valid, so what's the problem?

Turk1993

Thank you for showing that:

1. My screenshot was 100% real, so who has accused me of editing the image with photoshop should be ashamed and log out for 1 year

2. All the images that you produce are the result of shabby tricks to misepresent the game. For what reason in a racing game I should stand still in the middle of the track like an idiot? when you play the aliasing is minimal, thats the reasons you didn't show the speedometer in your first image, now your trick is clear haha
1. I was comparing the car model not the IQ so thats the reason i was standing still to get a good pic of the model. You on the other hand moved to IQ when you had nothing to say about the car model. Even if i did take a pic while in motion, this time you would say that i post pictures where the car is in motion and that it looks soft.

2. Forza runs at a much higher resolution and frame rate than GTS, it will always looks sharper and cleaner no mather what mode setting or motion you do with GTS.

3. Why are you dodgin my question again ahah, just go and say that the car model is beter in Forza. It wil not hurt you to say the truth you know, everybody has eyes, everybody sees wich in game car model looks better.

4. Lets say that GTS runs at a native 8k with 16xMSAA, the car model will still look inferior to Forza in game.

1. because I've never tried to sit still in the middle of the track like an idiot, in a racing game I drive and when I drive there is no aliasing. Now we have discovered what sleazy trick your friend use to produce images with bad IQ

2. I play only from cockpit view without that useless and huge HUD, the the speedo / tach is already incorporated in the car's cockpit

3. as usual you have been completely reversing the reality, it's not me that hid the speedometer to hide the fact that I was moving (which is absolutely normal in a racing game), is your friend that hid the speedometer to hide the fact that he sit still in the middle of the track to take advantage of this trick that makes the IQ worse

After all the shit you did and get cauht with you are accusing me for using tricks
Mrx5fpG.gif

Top Bottom