• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Don't know which Dev diary it was but for example.
AHIPLLs.jpg
this looks way better than that though.
ao4ch9i.gif

bitbydeath

But it doesn't?
It says "footage of what it takes to bring Hellblade2 to life" not that those images are from Hellblade2.

Although I wouldn't expect it to look like the trailer shown.
It’s from Hellblade2, as per the article.

New Hellblade 2 Behind-The-Scenes Footage Revealed​

Sinthor

Gold Member
The image is from the video.
I don't get what the problem is with it being an image from HB2. I mean, unless someone seriously expected the game to look like that trailer? Just wasn't gonna happen. We're not there yet. This looks damn good though. Hell, I thought the first game looked great. Xbox fans should be happy this is going to be exclusive. Probably going to be a very good game if it's anything like the first one, and I'm sure it will be. This is the one game so far that I've been disappointed that I won't be able to play it on my PS5. Unless it's a timed exclusive by some chance? If it is, then I don't care and I'll play it whenever it's available.

Besides, I thought the real strength of the first Hellblade was it's story, not so much the graphics and combat though those were nice. It's just the journey of the character and the story as she realizes.....well, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it. Let's just say for the story it really made me feel the melancholy and confusing she's experiencing. Plus quite a few moments that made me stop and thing ' Awwww......fuuuuuck...that's TERRIBLE!' with the story. I really felt for her and was rooting for her. I was hoping she COULD somehow achieve her goal. I dunno. If they do the same with this second game then it won't matter one bit if the character model is like the trailer was (it won't be). Because this game is about the perspective of the character, her story and journey.

Last edited:

onesvenus

It’s from Hellblade2, as per the article.

New Hellblade 2 Behind-The-Scenes Footage Revealed​

Have you really watched the video? It's behind the scenes footage of Hellblade2 but when that image is shown she is talking about the first Hellblade. In fact, after that image there are more clips of the first game. It's not until later that she starts talking about the Hellblade 2 process and from then the only game footage seen is from the Hellblade 2 reveal trailer.
I think it's fair to assume it's footage from the first game.

Also people can't read. When the header says "behind-the-scenes footage of Hellblade2" it means the footage from Hellblade 2 is the behind the scenes one, not everything in the video. Should we also take for granted that when she is being interviewed is also footage from Hellblade 2?

Last edited:

Exanthus

Banned
I don't get what the problem is with it being an image from HB2. I mean, unless someone seriously expected the game to look like that trailer? Just wasn't gonna happen. We're not there yet. This looks damn good though. Hell, I thought the first game looked great. Xbox fans should be happy this is going to be exclusive. Probably going to be a very good game if it's anything like the first one, and I'm sure it will be. This is the one game so far that I've been disappointed that I won't be able to play it on my PS5. Unless it's a timed exclusive by some chance? If it is, then I don't care and I'll play it whenever it's available.

Besides, I thought the real strength of the first Hellblade was it's story, not so much the graphics and combat though those were nice. It's just the journey of the character and the story as she realizes.....well, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it. Let's just say for the story it really made me feel the melancholy and confusing she's experiencing. Plus quite a few moments that made me stop and thing ' Awwww......fuuuuuck...that's TERRIBLE!' with the story. I really felt for her and was rooting for her. I was hoping she COULD somehow achieve her goal. I dunno. If they do the same with this second game then it won't matter one bit if the character model is like the trailer was (it won't be). Because this game is about the perspective of the character, her story and journey.

The game is excellent, such a great journey.

bitbydeath

Have you really watched the video? It's behind the scenes footage of Hellblade2 but when that image is shown she is talking about the first Hellblade. In fact, after that image there are more clips of the first game. It's not until later that she starts talking about the Hellblade 2 process and from then the only game footage seen is from the Hellblade 2 reveal trailer.
I think it's fair to assume it's footage from the first game.

Also people can't read. When the header says "behind-the-scenes footage of Hellblade2" it means the footage from Hellblade 2 is the behind the scenes one, not everything in the video. Should we also take for granted that when she is being interviewed is also footage from Hellblade 2?
Hellblade 1 doesn’t look that good.

leizzra

1:45 - this is the scene. They just attached the camera to her head and get rid of make up. It might be development photos form first game. Also it can be early tests for sequel based on what they already had. You must remember that they had better quality assets then in game alredy. That's why as an character artist I'm not impressed with Hellbaled 2 trailer - I see a lot of first game in it, just nicely lit and with more accuracy (like in shader, shadowa, etc.). What do impresses are the details in animation, especially mouth movement. This sells the illusion of reality for me. Yet they still need to prove what they can make in actual game, because Unreal is great for realistic renders but real time in game is something that needs sacrifices. Still I know that as Sony had their demo with Epic, MS was supposed to had it's own. I think that it was supposed to focus on characters and I assumed that they could attache it to Hellblade.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Sony Deal is Apparently Keeping Resident Evil Village from Being on Xbox Game Pass

Some unverified documents reportedly detail an exclusivity deal between Sony and Capcom that ensures Resident Evil Village will not come to Xbox Game Pass within the first year of its launch. Reputable leakers have vouched for the documents' legitimacy on Twitter by re-tweeting them, but the tweets have since been deleted.

🤔

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
About Hellblade 2, I dont know what to think about a potential downgrade. But I am looking forward to it when it comes out.

We know the specs, we have seen the SSD, where are you getting this from?
Could be a thread on here where ppl are misinterpreting info yet again, but even in recent MS slides from yesterday it says 2.4GB/s raw, 4.8GB/s with decompression.

That looks like the multiplier. I could be wrong tho.

EDIT: I think this is the thread:

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Does anyone build or rent movies directly from the PS Store? Never did that myself.
Let's see what content is included and how much it costs. Will be a hard sell when everybody has a Netflix/HBO/Disney+/Prime subscription
If its included in Plus, no price hike or minimal price hike? I'll take it.

See, this is what I want them to do....expand Plus, not make seperate services then try to decide what to combine. Right now its Plus and PSNow. Just build on those 2.

reksveks

If its included in Plus, no price hike or minimal price hike? I'll take it.

See, this is what I want them to do....expand Plus, not make seperate services then try to decide what to combine. Right now its Plus and PSNow. Just build on those 2.
sounds like the first year is free and then it should have a fee

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

leizzra

4k 60 fps is a gigantic waste of resources. The game isnt exactly a looker. They shouldve focused on making a better looking game at 1440p or 4kcb.
It would make game budget rise a lot. This also means more employees/more outsource and more time needed for making the game. You chose your battles were you can win.

xShaun

Why are you idiots still talking about graphics quality between Xbox series x and PS5?

I have a PS5 and a Series S and the third party games look almost the exact fcking same. Stop console warring about 5-10℅ graphics difference or zoomed in games like virgins and talk about first party games and studios instead. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom