• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rea

Pretty sure Sunset Overdrive will get no sequel on the Xbox. Every studio acquisition could potentially remove games from other platforms only MS doesn't require you to buy their console nto play their games so on that front Sony is far more likely to take games from other players. They also do far more timed exclusives, another way to deny other gamers access. So I guess you are right the Insomniac purchase does take away from other gamers in ways the Bethesda purchase does not.
Oh My God!!

I can now shit on the Xbox without bias and no one can play the fanboy card!
776166.jpg

Derift

MS buying Bethesda didn't take anything from PlayStation because MS doesn't require an Xbox to play their games. Most Sony fans make a point to say they can play Xbox games on PC I assume that is what they will continue to do. The biggest games from Bethesda were PC titles and that isn't changing after the acquisition.

How much control does Phil have over 3rd party game performance? That performance hit seems to also come with a higher resolution and more effects. Unless it was a 30 vs 60 fps difference it was a reasonable tradeoff.
by more effects do you mean cape physics... lol the games are running at the same settings just one has more resolution and the other runs at a pretty much locked 60... sigh the dishonesty from you folks is pretty funny

Derift

MS approach is make a big ecosystem where you can play anywhere, regardless of hardware. MS is working in the future and Sony doing exactly the same than the last 25 years, make exclusive games for people to buy their platform.

Thanks to MS you can play hundreds of games and even new games from the first days for a few euro/dollars per month. Thanks to Sony you can buy games at 80 euro/dollar.
you realize Xbox has to do this right they have been losing on the hardware sales front ever since they joined the races...and I love how you added another $10 to the game price... the dishonestly strikes again.

you know what's really sad is that I enjoy both platforms but you cant keep lying like this it takes credibility away from you

Lysandros

Does anyone have any insight if the hardware tesselator of GCN (diagram below) still resides within the Geometry Engine (unified this time) of RDNA and if it's indeed the case, how the fact of this sub block running 22% faster on PS5 can affect the overall tesselation performance?

3WyuG0C.png

I do not appreciate people bullying my fellow fake ass neutral gaymer DarkMage619 DarkMage619

We're all concerned about the Series X underperforming and credit where credit is due the godsta ahem I mean playstation, is indeed punching above its weight, but that's no reason to be acting like fanboys!

Remember gaymers are the winners :messenger_heart:

Gaymer combat!!!!!

mortal kombat GIF

Last edited:
Microsoft has the exclusive publishing rights to that IP. They had plenty of time but chose not to do anything with it.
Sony can't do anything with it either.

We're back into the "timed exclusives are worse than buying out a publisher" fallacy now?

Eventually, Ghostwire Tokyo will be released on Xbox.
Elder Scrolls VI will never be on PlayStation.

Stop trying to paint MS as the good guy. The end result is, as you guys like to say, anti-consumer.
The fact remains that if you like Bethesda games you can still enjoy them and you won't have to buy an Xbox to play them. That wouldn't be true of any game made by a studio bought by Sony. If anything is anti consumer it would be that.

Bought a Series X from my friend and it'll be coming in a few days

I can already feel all my playstation blood escaping from my body. I've become a fake ass neutral like our good friend DarkMage619 DarkMage619

I can now shit on the Xbox without bias and no one can play the fanboy card!
Oh I have preferences. Dreamcast remains my favorite console of all time. If I am a fanboy it's certainly of that console.

I have also never crapped on any console. Any criticism was fair and true. It also happens that I actually own the systems I talk about. You guys get so caught up in the hive mind bunker mentality it's hard to tell some people are even gamers.

SSfox

New Assassins Creed Leak

Take it with a mountain of salt. 😉
I replayed some old AC games not long time ago, and it really feels the quality going downside once Patrick left Ubi, Ezio is so much above all the main characters we got afterward in AC games, and AC2 and Brotherhood are still the best AC games imo, even tho Black Flag is another masterpiece (but it didn't felt Assassin game a lot tho but still it was great adventure game and best pirate game ever). Guess it's also one of the downside of yearly games.

Now this make me think, imagine if Rockstar will ever do a Pirate game someday, that would be so mindblowing, there was a leak talking about that who knows if true, also in RDR2 there were moments and stuffs in the game that actually make you feel and have some pirate vibes, wonder if it's a hint or also it could be nothing, who knows.

huraga

Banned
you realize Xbox has to do this right they have been losing on the hardware sales front ever since they joined the races...and I love how you added another $10 to the game price... the dishonestly strikes again.

you know what's really sad is that I enjoy both platforms but you cant keep lying like this it takes credibility away from you
Here in the EU the cost is 79,90 euro (VAT included), for example Demon´s Souls.

Btw, the money is not in the hardware, money is in the services. Don´t forget that Microsoft is a software/services company.

MS is focus in the future and Sony is living in the past.

Last edited:

TLDR: Sony have booked the 5nm node from TSMC as well as meeting with the AMD custom solutions team for sometime in 2023 which likely means they will be releasing a PS5 slim (based on speculation) in that year, which means they could cut down on power consumption and especially the size.

Also the power jump from 7nm to 5nm is not enough to warrant a design for a "PS5 Pro"

Nothing to crazy, seem's very plausible considering Sony's behaviour in the past.

I hope Sony buys some big publisher that does multiplat games DarkMage loves and keeps those ex-multiplat games off his platform of choice.
I'm a gamer first and have every platform. Sadly I'm positive there wouldn't be a Dreamcast version. 😢

He’s a true gamer so he has all consoles and a pc. He would just have to deal with coil whine and all the other subparness(is that a word?) of the PS while playing those games.
Frank right as usual! Except I have said numerous times the PS5 is a nice platform with some irritating issues. Never called it subpar.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The fact remains that if you like Bethesda games you can still enjoy them and you won't have to buy an Xbox to play them. That wouldn't be true of any game made by a studio bought by Sony. If anything is anti consumer it would be that.
Well it's not, because if they are not consumers of particular brand, then it can't be anti-consumer.

Anti consumer is trick like 120EUR Gold, 80+EUR standard edition games and shit like this, which directly impact the consumer of said brand : D

ToadMan

You happen to have a break down of the valuation of Bethesda IP and how much MS over paid? Interesting conclusion to think that everyone who wants to work at MS would be there already and the people who are non talented as you put it remain. Do you actually have any evidence to support your claims? I do know John Carmack had stated he might be interested in working with the Doom IP again after the MS acquisition. Would you consider him untalented?

No way! Games like Doom Eternal, Skyrim, and Doom 2016 will continue to exist. And MS has already stated they'd honor the contract for Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop.

Bethesda was valued at 3.5billion USD. MS bought it for $7bn. (EDIT 7.5bn)

My point is the good engineers would absolutely already have been able to work for MS if they wished. Development is a small Industry - everyone knows who the key guys are.

The only way MS will keep those Bethesda talents are to treat them like Mojang - leave them alone to develop the games they want for the platforms they want in the corporate culture they want.

Let’s see what MS do ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom