• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed the obvious sexual innuendo.

It's not a big deal.

Lying about it.. is a big deal..

Missing things = not a big deal

Lies = big deal

This is my lesson on how to not be a dogshit human being on the internet.
Dude, if this is all it takes for you to call someone dogshit human you've got some serious issues. I also didn't notice anything wrong on that video, still waiting for someone to clarify what the hell was so bad about it.

Wow, Riky Riky has turned into @TheGreatWhiteShark.

That Thin blue line has finally been crossed.

Rip Riky Riky .
I'm really not trying to talk shit to him. Objectively speaking, you see how this is working out. Games run just as good, if not a little more so at times, on PS5. Both systems are stupid close to each other and I don't find multi-platform games worth dissecting. Depending on how well optimized each platform is, is probably where any difference will show.

Still, I can't help but laugh at how desperate some hardcore fans of team green have become. They look at the performance of the PS5 and think there's something wrong with the tools/developers when it comes to Series X. I think Series X and PS5 are performing exactly as they should. They just didn't want to investigate exactly how the PS5 works. What's absolutely clear at this point, is PS5 has superior latency and data throughput. That's how it matches Series X. Ultimately, what really annoys me, is I really do think Series X is a great console and don't like to come across as bashing it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Dude, if this is all it takes for you to call someone dogshit human you've got some serious issues. I also didn't notice anything wrong on that video, still waiting for someone to clarify what the hell was so bad about it.
I think lying is pretty shitty, and not lying is one way to avoid being doghsit.. , but whatever.

I think only the person who posted the initial tweet found anything "wrong" with it.. I was just pointing out that there is an obvious sexual innuendo joke. (the comment about restraints and the character responding "not while the camera is running.")

Last edited:

devilNprada

he called him a dog shit human?
Can we talk about the weird pedophiliac undertones in bug snax?

Once again, I can't make the thread. But this is clearly thread worthy. Unacceptable Sony would commission this

Yeah glad someone brought this game up... I am sitting there watching my 9 year old platinum the game, when two dudes start saying i love you and talking about having made out.
One apparently thought they were just roomates with benefits, and went way too deep into the lesbian romance.
Totally uneccessary, WTF points is this game trying to make?

I didn't even catch the video part, but yeah they make you sit there and watch that whole fucking thing....

JonkyDonk

It's astonishing to me that xbox delusionals are still out here trying to act tough even after being made to look like absolute clowns for all their fud and bullshit. If they had any shame or self-awareness they would tuck their tails between their legs and run back to whatever discord they crawled out of, until MS starts hyping up Xbox Series XXX or whatever and their fud train inevitably starts up all over again.

saintjules

he called him a dog shit human?

Yeah glad someone brought this game up... I am sitting there watching my 9 year old platinum the game, when two dudes start saying i love you and talking about having made out.
One apparently thought they were just roomates with benefits, and went way too deep into the lesbian romance.
Totally uneccessary, WTF points is this game trying to make?

I didn't even catch the video part, but yeah they make you sit there and watch that whole fucking thing....

Serious? Seems like an adult game with some foreplay

Garani

I think only the person who posted the initial tweet found anything "wrong" with it.. I was just pointing out that there is an obvious sexual innuendo joke. (the comment about restraints and the character responding "not while the camera is running.")

You find it is an innuendo, I don't. I viewed it in a different way.

Am I allowed to have my own interpretation or should I just assume that the whole world revolves around sex? (yes, I am using satire in this sentence).

IntentionalPun

You find it is an innuendo, I don't. I viewed it in a different way.

Am I allowed to have my own interpretation or should I just assume that the whole world revolves around sex? (yes, I am using satire in this sentence).
Dude come on.. it's innuendo and you know it, it's blatant what the writers intent is... stop being weird about it lol

sircaw

Banned
I'm really not trying to talk shit to him. Objectively speaking, you see how this is working out. Games run just as good, if not a little more so at times, on PS5. Both systems are stupid close to each other and I don't find multi-platform games worth dissecting. Depending on how well optimized each platform is, is probably where any difference will show.

Still, I can't help but laugh at how desperate some hardcore fans of team green have become. They look at the performance of the PS5 and think there's something wrong with the tools/developers when it comes to Series X. I think Series X and PS5 are performing exactly as they should. They just didn't want to investigate exactly how the PS5 works. What's absolutely clear at this point, is PS5 has superior latency and data throughput. That's how it matches Series X. Ultimately, what really annoys me, is I really do think Series X is a great console and don't like to come across as bashing it.

IT is sad, that's what all this is.

For the record, i thought Riky Riky was joking about most of the xbox stuff but it seems i was wrong on that. This does seem somehow to matter to people like him. We all like to fanboy bullshit a bit here and there, but i am seeing people that are way to invested in this stuff, like somehow this has got a fix on them, and it's unhealthy.

I have said this before there is something wrong with some of the xbox crowd, those Gavins, those Astrads, dealers on twitter that lie, fabricate and twist stuff all the time, if you have shares in the company i understand this but this is where i think all the problems come from.

I put @DynamiteCop on ignore a few weeks ago, i felt that i was beginning to push him in a direction in which i was personally getting uncomfortable with what i was doing. He refused to see the truth and blatantly lies. obfuscates facts in his replies to the point where it is more than just a bit of fanboy stuff. This stuff is like life and death to some of these people, i suspect R Ricky is one of those. I am afraid that people like this are the ones that will turn up on the 6'clock news after killing themselves or something, i don't want to be part of that.

I like to shit talk with people a lot, sony fans, xbox fans even the mods, but there are a couple on this forum that i think for personal mental health issues we should be aware of them. these people are not acting normally.

The only thing i can suggest is putting some of these people on ignore, let them live in their own fantasy worlds and let them believe the xbox is the second coming of christ. I really think these people are unwell, and us smashing them into the ground every day is not worth it. They might know that what they are doing is wrong but i should, i don't want to add more to their decline than i have too.

This is not a joke post or something, this is a serious concern i have for a few people here.

As for not wanting to bash the xbox, i think a lot of sony fans acknowledge its a good system, but the constant denial and deflection from xbox fans make it seem that people are coming down harder than we are, ita a vicious circle of denial and just like acceptance, they need to come to terms with the reality of it all.

Phil spencer and Microsoft went with the big tflop number for a reason, they knew it would fool a lot of people, xbox fans should be upset at Microsoft for taking them for a ride.

Last edited:

Garani

Dude come on.. it's innuendo and you know it, it's blatant what the writers intent is... stop being weird about it lol
Man, I don't find it an innuendo. What else can I say? I just don't see it that way. It's not me lying, is me interpreting it differently, that's all. And I have 3 kids and I believe that I have seen a fair bit of the world.

Reactions: Rea

Riky

$MSFT
IT is sad, that's what all this is.

For the record, i thought Riky Riky was joking about most of the xbox stuff but it seems i was wrong on that. This does seem somehow to matter to people like him. We all like to fanboy bullshit a bit here and there, but i am seeing people that are way to invested in this stuff, like somehow this has got a fix on them, and it's unhealthy.

I have said this before there is something wrong with some of the xbox crowd, those Gavins, those Astrads, dealers on twitter that lie, fabricate and twist stuff all the time, if you have shares in the company i understand this but this is where i think all the problems come from.

I put @DynamiteCop on ignore a few weeks ago, i felt that i was beginning to push him in a direction in which i was personally getting uncomfortable with what i was doing. He refused to see the truth and blatantly lies. obfuscates facts in his replies to the point where it is more than just a bit of fanboy stuff. This stuff is like life and death to some of these people, i suspect R Ricky is one of those. I am afraid that people like this are the ones that will turn up on the 6'clock news after killing themselves or something, i don't want to be part of that.

I like to shit talk with people a lot, sony fans, xbox fans even the mods, but there are a couple on this forum that i think for personal mental health issues we should be aware of them. these people are not acting normally.

The only thing i can suggest is putting some of these people on ignore, let them live in their own fantasy worlds and let them believe the xbox is the second coming of christ. I really think these people are unwell, and us smashing them into the ground every day is not worth it. They might know but i should, i don't want to add more to their decline than i have too.

This is not a joke post or something, this is a serious concern i have for a few people here.

As for not wanting to bash the xbox, i think a lot of sony fans acknowledge its a good system, but the constant denial and deflection from xbox fans make it seem that people are coming down harder than we are, ita a vicious circle of denial and just like acceptance, they need to come to terms with the reality of it all.

Phil spencer and Microsoft went with the big tflop number for a reason, they knew it would fool a lot of people, xbox fans should be upset at Microsoft for taking them for a ride.

I think you're reading a lot more into this than there is 😂

Nobody is having a mental breakdown or killing themselves because Valhalla drops to 1188p for two seconds trust me on that.

I'm far more worried about the Jets being 0-11 and drafting Trevor Lawrence next year 😅

HoofHearted

There is supposed to be more than 2 fan models on PS5. Fan B was the one that came in my console... I can hear the noise at times even while playing... I find it strange that people are saying that ps5 is deadly quiet, but even on games like astrobot and days gone the noise is there.... I may ask a replacement if the other consoles are quieter :(

Guy in this video has "A" - not sure what mine is...

From a sound perspective - I can only hear it if put my ear next to the unit while powered on/playing. Compared to my XSX - it's slightly louder - but sitting across the room in my chair (~4-6 feet from TV) - can't hear either one.

kyliethicc

My point was the speed is the real advancement for me, and XSX owners enjoy that same kind of advancement (a much faster UI.)

Not sure what the point of your snark is here. I am saying the speed difference is exactly what makes this gen worth it... soooo.. your little dweeby analogy here fails lol
No snark "dweeb" lol. Its just stupid to say "feels the same... except for this significant difference."

HoofHearted

I was thinking to buy the UE at $20 since I saw a sale for it, but since I'm close to the end, I said forget it. Would be curious to see the improvements all around though.

I wonder if the UE would be additional charge since it's on Game Pass? Either way - I haven't played it yet - but want to.. ;) depending on timing I may play it a little over the holidays later next month..

IntentionalPun

Man, I don't find it an innuendo. What else can I say? I just don't see it that way. It's not me lying, is me interpreting it differently, that's all. And I have 3 kids and I believe that I have seen a fair bit of the world.

So explain the dialog then:

Doctor: "stop squirming around or I'll have to restrain you!"

Patient who blatantly flirted with doctor earlier in convo: "doctor! Not while the cameras on!"

lol.. come on.. you missed it on first watch.. there's literally no possible way you legit could not understand this was blatant sexual innuendo lol

sircaw

Banned

Nobody is having a mental breakdown or killing themselves because Valhalla drops to 1188p for two seconds trust me on that.

I'm far more worried about the Jets being 0-11 and drafting Trevor Lawrence next year 😅

I am being serious dude, i am worried about you. People are now twisting facts and linking screenshots in a particular order to manipulate the truth, then when confronted they try to double down on them refusing to accept reality. If you do this a couple of times i would say fair enough he is just trolling, for it continue in this vein for months on end, there is something wrong.

There is an issue here, and its not just simply trolling, i know what that is, believe me.

This is seriously unhealthy what your doing, and i hope you stop soon, the xbox is a good system and plays games great, is that not enough for you?>

Riky

$MSFT
I am being serious dude, i am worried about you. People are now twisting facts and linking screenshots in a particular order to manipulate the truth, then when confronted they try to double down on them refusing to accept reality. If you do this a couple of times i would say fair enough he is just trolling, for it continue in this vein for months on end, there is something wrong.

There is an issue here, and its not just simply trolling, i know what that is, believe me.

This is seriously unhealthy what your doing, and i hope you stop soon, the xbox is a good system and plays games great, is that not enough for you?>

The screenshots are all genuine 🤷

Somebody was trying to compare these launches to the differences between Xbox One and PS4 when Xbox had some 720p games.

I was putting them right in that it's not even close to being the same, I'd be more concerned for them if I were you.

You should be far more worried about caring for the Jets at all. Not a healthy relationship. Pats are finally done and the Jets are all like...
giphy.gif

Garani

So explain the dialog then:

Doctor: "stop squirming around or I'll have to restrain you!"

Patient who blatantly flirted with doctor earlier in convo: "doctor! Not while the cameras on!"

lol.. come on.. you missed it on first watch.. there's literally no possible way you legit could not understand this was blatant sexual innuendo lol
Lizbert got a cut, the doctor is medicating her. The doctor says: "You're lucky it's just a shallow cut. And stop squirming around or I'll have to restrain you".

Now, take a kid with a cut and try to medicate him/her. They'll be crying, squirming, trying to run away. This is the quote, this is what they are saying. They are relating to a kid's experience with pain and injuries. There is nothing sexual.

And the camera joke, it's put in context by the doctor: "trying to look strong for your audience"?

I am sorry, I really can't see the sexual undertone. I get it that you see it, but it isn't there IMO.

IntentionalPun

Theres no point in saying "its the same except for when its not" ... thats just a long way of saying "its different."

So what you are saying is that the Xbox Series X UI is very different from the Xbox ones then?

My point was the big difference for me is the speed.. like.. that's all I said.. what exactly are you making fun of here?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

the opening bits of this gif make no sense at all. a 12 tflops rdna gpu, i dont care if its rdna 1 or rdna 2, should be able to hold over 100 fps at all times at 1080p. MS had told DF that the rasterization performance of their GPU is equivalent to an RTX 2080 And it should run this game at 120 fps and 1440p with no drops. Mw on my rtx 2080 is a far better looking game and runs above 120 fps at 1440p at all times. I expect the ps5 to drop frames but i really don't understand why the xsx is going below 100 here. It's a last gen game so the 10 gb of vram shouldn't be an issue either.

There is a bottleneck there somewhere and since there is no esram like dated design, I'm leaning towards the 52 cu design not providing the same level of performance increase you would expect from 40% more cus and 18% increase in tflops. Typically on PCs, that gets you more performance but the lack of a 40+ CU RDNA card without infinity cache tells me that the bottleneck is indeed in the CU count. We saw this with the vega cards and we thought RDNA would fix that but apparently it needed the infinity cache on the GPU to fix it. Something MS did not add.

So their extra 44% CUs might not as performant as the tflops number suggest. Maybe Cerny was right about going with a smaller and faster GPU over a 48 CU GPU after all.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Eddie Vedder To Play At The 2020 Game Awards
Today, The Game Awards announced that Eddie Vedder, the lead singer of Pearl Jam, will be performing during the free digital livestreamed event on December 10, which will be available across more than 45 global video platforms.

As a huge Pearl Jam fan I approve this message. 🤘🏻

TheAssist

Just bought Demon's Souls. Dannng does this game look good O.O. All the while running in buttery smooth 60fps. Man I already love next gen. The image just looks so much better (higher framrate, better AA/upscaling or higher res), everything is so much more responsive, the loading is minmal. Everything just feels and sounds better (hearing the demon thingy growling behind a door sounded absolutely amazing).
I can savely say I moved on from last gen and am happy about it.

I suck so hard at DS, plz halp :messenger_crying:

kyliethicc

Eddie Vedder To Play At The 2020 Game Awards

As a huge Pearl Jam fan I approve this message. 🤘🏻

I wonder if they got Pearl Jam to perform Future Days

I may be not informed about this Bugsnax but the pure notion that a kids game should not mention sex or gay relationships makes no sense.
But I am not able to watch the twitter video about the game, what's the big deal about it?

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
PS5 seem's to pull ahead in the 60 FPS version with sharper shadows and Series X/S also seems to be missing some folliage.

DF claimed the Series X was clearly ahead in the 120 FPS mode because it didn't experience the same drops as the PS5 did in a certain area, although judging by their own clips even the Series X was experiencing some big dips as well.

PS5 seem's to pull ahead in the 60 FPS version with sharper shadows and Series X/S also seems to be missing some folliage.

DF claimed the Series X was clearly ahead in the 120 FPS mode because it didn't experience the same drops as the PS5 did in a certain area, although judging by their own clips even the Series X was experiencing some big dips as well.
The main thing about Series X advantage on those drops is mentioned to be VRR, which is not available on PS5 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom