• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSX

Must flex

tenor.gif

hussar16

John asks Gavin if they took advantage of the Tempest engine around the 43 min mark.

"that new tempest audio engine, that's an incredible 360 degree sphere that surrounds you, it means we can add a bunch of new sounds into the game to bring those levels alive. You can really feel the world has come alive now....You can feel Boletarian spies creep up behind you... But for me the thing that freaks me out every time, when I get shot by an arrow I can hear it coming and I physically move my body from one side to the other."

This might be part of the reason Valhalla looks so bland to me, both the world and combat.

Mine has said "preparing order" for the last few days :messenger_downcast_sweat:
thats not 4k 60 but 1440p upscaled

LucasBR

Mine just next week too :(
I'm still waiting 2-3 days delay from launch due the delivery service for my city.

Where are you from? I'm living in Ireland so I decided to buy just next year, some friends of mine bought it on Amazon BR, I think they might get on the launch day.

PSX

Sethbacca

I just love games where you can approach a "battle" in different ways and it becomes a bit of a sandbox. Doing stuff like killing off a camp of human baddies by getting a swarm of zombies to attack them is rad.

Or just doing stealth vs. non-stealth and everything in between.

I always loved dragging hordes into the camps. Hillarity ensues. The screamer zombies are the worst though.

ethomaz

Banned
Where are you from? I'm living in Ireland so I decided to buy just next year, some friends of mine bought it on Amazon BR, I think they might get on the launch day.
Brasil, more specifically Fernandópolis/SP.
Most people in capital will probably receive on launch day where the delivery has 1 day... mine is 2-5 days.

I thought you were Brazilian due the BR.

Last edited:

LucasBR

Brasil, more specifically Fernandópolis/SP.
Most people in capital will probably receive on launch day where the delivery has 1 day... mine is 2-5 days.

I thought you were Brazilian due the BR.

Nice, I'm brazilian too.
Yeah, I hope everything went well, as we know pre-orders in Brazil tend to be very messy.

If this is how many PS5 first-party games will be running, than I guess 1440p 60 it is. Not anywhere near enough of a difference to play Demons Souls at 4k 30.

They made the same 4k frame buffer in 2 modes. But in quality we have pixel count, native 4k. In performance 1440p native and reconstruction to complete 4k frame buffer.

Marco is saying about it in 7:30.

Grinchy

Banned
So is the Demon's Souls "Cinematic" mode really just the same thing but in native 4K instead? I just can't quite grasp the point of playing it that way when you can have 60fps instead with already fantastic image quality.

I assumed there'd be some more bells and whistles going on with the 30fps mode.

travisktl

So is the Demon's Souls "Cinematic" mode really just the same thing but in native 4K instead? I just can't quite grasp the point of playing it that way when you can have 60fps instead with already fantastic image quality.

Apparently it's 4K/30fps with better shadows and reflections. Bluepoint actually designed the game with the 60fps mode in mind, then created the 30fps mode for the people that just want a bit more eye candy. I haven't watched the video myself, but from everything I've read since that video dropped, the quality difference between both modes is almost imperceptible, especially in motion. I'm sure the cinematic mode does have slightly noticeable quality differences in the textures and things, but you're most likely not going to notice unless you're looking for it, and it's definitely not worth the loss in fps.

Last edited:

LucidFlux

If this is how many PS5 first-party games will be running, than I guess 1440p 60 it is. Not anywhere near enough of a difference to play Demons Souls at 4k 30.

Yeah watching both side by side solidified my choice to play in performance mode. Doubling the frame rate for such little difference in image quality is a no brainer to me.

So they said the only difference with Quality mode is native 4k and improved tessellation which in turn leads to slightly more accurate lighting/shadows.

sircaw

Banned
Remember people if you want to leave a comment for our beloved resident cat please feel free to.

Shame on you Mod of War Mod of War , i have not seen you give her a hug yet, get your face out of those bugsnax reviews and give her some love.

Last edited:
So I see people saying there isn't that "big" difference on the next gen version of DMC because "Capcom has a story for not caring for the Xbox versions"... they seem to forget the Xbox One X version of DMC ran at 2160p with better anti aliasing than on the Pro, so they were literally taking advantage of the hardware there.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

"I was also told that RDNA 3 is just as exciting as RDNA 2, in fact some of my sources are even hinting that even though RDNA 2 is not bad, in fact it's very good, let's just be honest. RDNA 3 will be more exciting than RDNA 2, and I'm hearing that there's supposed to be tremendous, tremendous improvements on RDNA 3 and one of those seems to be the geometry performance or basically the early stages of the pipeline like the PS5 as I've mentioned before, unfortunately I'm not 100% sure how that works"

inflation

"I was also told that RDNA 3 is just as exciting as RDNA 2, in fact some of my sources are even hinting that even though RDNA 2 is not bad, in fact it's very good, let's just be honest. RDNA 3 will be more exciting than RDNA 2, and I'm hearing that there's supposed to be tremendous, tremendous improvements on RDNA 3 and one of those seems to be the geometry performance or basically the early stages of the pipeline like the PS5 as I've mentioned before, unfortunately I'm not 100% sure how that works"

Let's talk about this again and this thread will be 4000 in no time!

They made the same 4k frame buffer in 2 modes. But in quality we have pixel count, native 4k. In performance 1440p native and reconstruction to complete 4k frame buffer.

Marco is saying about it in 7:30.

It is not exactly 1440p... it is using something like CB to reach 4k from a 1440p render.
But it looks way better than CB on PS4 because the clarity is really near a native 4k render.
I realize this my dudes. Point being, if this is the standard going forward with Bluepoint, than I see no reason playing 4k 30. Unless their next game utilizes ray-tracing and, like Spiderman, you'll have to lose it in order to play 60, than maybe I'll still like the 4k 30 option. Better yet just aim for 1440p upscaled to 4k at 60hz with ray-tracing. Could be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom