• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
bb6.jpg
xCloud isn't even a separate service you can pay for.. either is the streaming portion of PSNow.

If you want to discuss specifically their streaming tech or something that's fine; but as a consumer offering the offerings are Gamepass Ultimate vs PSNow. One is more expensive, all games are downloadable and streamable, has 1st party day ones, etc.. the other only offers downloads of new games, generally has less new games, but is cheaper.

I wish both companies would clearly separate out streaming and offer it as an extra fee.. as I'd not pay it lol

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Did this guy mix up the branding here or am i trippin'? All Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games are playable on Xbox One? not a big deal as this could happen with Playstation as well. but still.

All of the xbox 360 and OG Xbox Games that were made BC, since its not every game, also work on Xbox Series X/S as well as all Xbox One games minus Kinect.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Did this guy mix up the branding here or am i trippin'? All Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games are playable on Xbox One? not a big deal as this could happen with Playstation as well. but still.
Well technically it is still a Xbox One Series X/S or something like that😅

What I'd like to know is, are the Kinect games not running at all or blocken by MS (Whitelist/Blacklist) or could they run, but prefer to say no so they do not have to support them?

BTW: do we know, when the BC Team will unlock/release new BC titles?
I am still waiting for some X360 games like Blur, Armored Core or PGR

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Well technically it is still a Xbox One Series X/S or something like that😅

What I'd like to know is, are the Kinect games not running at all or blocken by MS (Whitelist/Blacklist) or could they run, but prefer to say no so they do not have to support them?

BTW: do we know, when the BC Team will unlock/release new BC titles?
I am still waiting for some X360 games like Blur, Armored Core or PGR

I am assuming all Kinect functionality has been removed from the OS on Series X/S.

It's comparable to GamePass not xCloud.

They are different; but both are primarily download services... by the way they are used.
don't just assume. i use PS NOW primarily for streaming PS games on my PC.

the game pass is unique on its own because it has day and date first-party games. i have gamepass PC subscription just for those.

ps+ seems to have day and date multiplayer games and good old games that don't expire. it's an easy way to build up a backlog, good or bad. if i can play those games on pc, i won't need PS NOW.

xcloud can play games on android but nowhere else.

they are all different services.

oh man, this game is completely different now. I'm just very curious about how they funded those free upgrades. i don't think there is MTX in the game. I guess it is a very small dev team.

No MTX. Very low cost structure (it's a very small team, they launched on PS4 with only 5 people, expanded now). They sold a hell of a lot of copies at launch. Granted pretty much everyone lost their shit over it, and rightly so. The game wasn't what was promised. They made millions from the launch however. Rather than take the money and move on, they continued to improve the game, and with each major update, more folks played, more copies were sold, more money came in.

I've bought the game twice personally. Original disk, second time digital for the PS5 DE. Given you can pick this up on sale for US$25, it's well worth it.

And? it's still the major difference between the services. I'll get Starfield, Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls VI day one.

Depends if those games are like Fallout 76 in terms of quality. All depends on whet Bethesda does with them. I really want them to go back to the Morrowind days.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Wait, is he's saying all the games that you can play on Xbox One today (BC included with the exception of Kinect games) will work on Series X/S? :messenger_weary: I am confused. We knew this already didn't we? And it doesn't really say much, they want FULL BC which Xbox One does not offer. Right? :messenger_weary:

How does that change the fact you get them day one on Gamepass? It doesn't.

Well sometimes I want to buy a full priced high quality title than get a low quality title on a subscription. Even if a game is on gamepass I won't play it if it isn't good.

Like I said it there has to be more to s game than just being available on gamepass.

Riky

$MSFT
Wait, is he's saying all the games that you can play on Xbox One today (BC included with the exception of Kinect games) will work on Series X/S? :messenger_weary: I am confused. We knew this already didn't we? And it doesn't really say much, they want FULL BC which Xbox One does not offer. Right? :messenger_weary:

We were told this would happen but earlier in the month they only white listed them in batches. Some people started spreading FUD that some games wouldn't work at launch. That's been debunked now.

IntentionalPun

don't just assume. i use PS NOW primarily for streaming PS games on my PC.

I don't assume; Sony announced that after 6 months the download portion was twice as popular as their 4 year old streaming service and responsible for 40% growth. The service then nearly tripled in size in a little over a year after that. I think we can confidently say that PSNow is primarily used as a download service.

the game pass is unique on its own because it has day and date first-party games. i have gamepass PC subscription just for those.

ps+ seems to have day and date multiplayer games and good old games that don't expire. it's an easy way to build up a backlog, good or bad. if i can play those games on pc, i won't need PS NOW.

xcloud can play games on android but nowhere else.

they are all different services.
Of course they are different.

Comparable does not mean the exact same. You bring up some good differences as well (see my last post on this I talked about how they differ.)

Gamepass only offering android streaming does make it crap as a streaming service compared to PSNow. PSNow isn't as good of a download service... but they are comparable.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

They said their goal was to have everything that works on Xbox One (xbox one, xbox 360 BC games, Xbox BC) work on Xbox Series X/S. This is just confirming they have hit that goal.

Riky

$MSFT
Well sometimes I want to buy a full priced high quality title than get a low quality title on a subscription. Even if a game is on gamepass I won't play it if it isn't good.

Like I said it there has to be more to s game than just being available on gamepass.

You can still buy them if you want to.

Who knows how good any unreleased game is going to be? That's not the point though. The major difference between what Microsoft is offering compared to Sony with PSnow is first party games on day one included with Gamepass. Nothing anybody says is changing that, it's the major difference.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I assume that, too..

Well in two weeks we can try it out and check, if it is completly removed or not. Luckily I still have the Kinect adapter here

I have mine hooked up to my PC so I am assuming that connector would work. I actually want to hook it up again and play some of those Kinect games before I sell the One X. Just...one last time.

Mr Moose

We were told this would happen but earlier in the month they only white listed them in batches. Some people started spreading FUD that some games wouldn't work at launch. That's been debunked now.
They said their goal was to have everything that works on Xbox One (xbox one, xbox 360 BC games, Xbox BC) work on Xbox Series X/S. This is just confirming they have hit that goal.
That's what I thought too. The bit that's confusing me is the part about "playable on Xbox One today" - Is he saying the current BC games that are on Xbox One today are the ones confirmed or that every non-kinect games will work? Xbox One doesn't have full BC with 360/OG Xbox games, right?

Riky

$MSFT
That's what I thought too. The bit that's confusing me is the part about "playable on Xbox One today" - Is he saying the current BC games that are on Xbox One today are the ones confirmed or that every non-kinect games will work? Xbox One doesn't have full BC with 360/OG Xbox games, right?

If it works on Xbox One and isn't a Kinect game then it works on Series X.

It's pretty simple.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Everything that is playable on Xbox One today (xbox one, xbox 360, xbox) will play on Series X/S. Minus Kinect games as Kinect doesn't work on Series X/S.

Who knows how good any unreleased game is going to be? That's not the point though. The major difference between what Microsoft is offering compared to Sony with PSnow is first party games on day one included with Gamepass. Nothing anybody says is changing that, it's the major difference.

I guess we have to wait and see if being on gamepass will affect the budget if the game.

I agree that it's the major difference between the two services but even though those games are available day one the quality still matters to alot of people.

jamwest24

Do Sony put their first party games on PSNow day one?

There is the difference that matters.

I’m sorry, but you’re incorrect to say that Microsoft has had all their first party titles on Game Pass Day 1... Not even all the Halo titles were on Day 1, and many were just added a few months ago... The narrative is that all 1st party will be on Day 1, but reality has been and most likely will continue to be very different.

Sony’s approach is much closer to a Netflix model that’s more sustainable to them and 3rd Party devs. And Microsoft has followed suit by only having certain 3rd party games available for a specified time.

IntentionalPun

I’m sorry, but you’re incorrect to say that Microsoft has had all their first party titles on Game Pass Day 1... Not even all the Halo titles were on Day 1, and many were just added a few months ago... The narrative is that all 1st party will be on Day 1, but reality has been and most likely will continue to be very different.

Sony’s approach is much closer to a Netflix model that’s more sustainable to them and 3rd Party devs. And Microsoft has followed suit by only having certain 3rd party games available for a specified time.
It's been every 1st party title released since they made that policy hasn't it?

How does that make it not the reality? No, not all games that existed before that policy was set are on there.. doesn't mean they haven't stuck to the policy for a while now.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Starting with Sea of Thieves its been every game.(first party)

Last edited:
PS4 is more profitable than any console in video game history

7evfVe8.png

And? it's still the major difference between the services. I'll get Starfield, Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls VI day one.

Want a medal or what?

Arent we adults whom can wait a bit for sales?

For that 160-180€ GP costs yearly, I can buy easily 5-10 games within 0-3 months from the launch. And own them. Forever, without fear that they are removed from the service. And even that is more than I realisticly can complete in a year

And Playstation makes quality games so they dont have to give them out almost free to get them sold.

Why noboy cries about Nintendo, should they give their exclusives for "free" too on launch because one company does it?

Where is the logic

Last edited:

jamwest24

It's been every 1st party title released since they made that policy hasn't it?

How does that make it not the reality? No, not all games that existed before that policy was set are on there.. doesn't mean they haven't stuck to the policy for a while now.

It was announced in January 2018 that ALL first party were supposedly going to launch and be on there...yet it took two years to put even old titles on it. That’s a bit of a slight of hand don’t you think?

duhmetree

No ones arguing that. It's just your mantra to feel good? I guess.

No one buys Sony Playstation for PS Now. They buy it for Uncharted, TLoU, SpiderMan, Horizon, God of War, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, Ghost of Tsushima etc...

I can speak for myself, I am strictly PlayStation and PC. When Elder Scrolls and Starfield come out, depending on reviews/how they look ( and if they are even on Game Pass day 1 ) I'll subscribe for a month for PC. There's no confirmation that Bethesda will have their games on Gamepass day1.

IntentionalPun

It was announced in January 2018 that ALL first party were supposedly going to launch and be on there...yet it took two years to put even old titles on it. That’s a bit of a slight of hand don’t you think?
Honest question, is English your first language?

"Today, we announced that all new games published by Microsoft Studios will be released into Xbox Game Pass on the same date as their global release. "

They have stuck to this... they never said they were releasing their entire back catalog.

ethomaz

Banned
All games over 3 generations will be playable on one device day 1. What a massive undertaking. No matter how many Craig and “no games” memes, Microsoft did a fantastic job in BC which is in the end about games.
It is not all games because it only accounts for the Xbox and 360 games that works on Xbox One.
But it is probably around 2000 games or more.

Mr Moose

They have done what they said, unless there's a game that isn't? None that I am aware of.

ethomaz

Banned
The system is also out in like 2 weeks... both companies are going to be lifting embargoes naturally too.

Kind of silly to assume everything is a reaction from MS and not potentially coincidence.
It could be coincidence until one of biggest MS PR guy claims to be a shift in the NDA made yesterday.

This real ?

Yeap a real Xbox One box lol
The guy probably forget to remove via photoshop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom