• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garani

Wow, X-Fighter had his account Craig'd? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Bye another console warrior more.

giphy.gif

Was he so embarrassed he deleted his account? For real my dude?

Think about all the times sircaw has embarrassed himself. Many, many times. You'd figure he'd deleted his account and started anew at least a hundred times. But no. He stands defiant in his shame. Chin up, chest out, and stand proud. Like this:
images

Sinthor

Gold Member

Uh....I've never heard that description of "gold master" before and I've run development teams. Not GAME development, but development teams all the same. Has the lingo changed over the past couple of years to mean...this? Sounds to me more like they're describing a final candidate or even a test build. I mean, I get that you still find issues before release that may need patches or you might even find some improvements that can be made, but "gold master" usually meant you release the game code to manufacturing and stuff like that? I'm VERY confused. Or...is this just a BS explanation when in fact they just need more time (which is fine!)

Nickolaidas

Dear GAF members, press F to pay your respects to X-Fighter, one of the more sensible X-Box fans who was somewhat pleasant to debate with, until the success of the PS5 was too much for him and gone apeshit over a box.

We lost members due to fake leaks.

We lost members due to Terraflops.

We lost members due to Game Pass.

Today, we lost a member due to a carbon box.

Let us greave, let us pray, let us retrospect.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Demon’s Souls PS5 ESRB Rating Surfaces, Describes Violent Encounters
This is an action role-playing game in which players attempt to save a medieval kingdom from a demonic curse. From a third-person perspective, players explore ruins, castles, and caverns while battling fantasy creatures (e.g., demonic creatures, dragons) in frenetic melee/ranged combat. Players use swords, spears, arrows, and magic to kill enemies; some weapons allow players to perform finishing moves that depict impaling and/or stabbing, with occasional slow-motion effects. Combat is accompanied by cries of pain and large blood- splatter effects. One sequence depicts animal corpses strewn around a cave, with visible entrails. Cutscenes also depict violence and blood: a ghoul impaled by a falling gate; a demon impaled by a lance.

Grinchy

Banned
The PS5 packaging (including the accessories) really is pretty bland IMO. Not enough to delete my account over, but the designs are so cheap looking.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Phil Spencer Loves PlayStation and is Open to Discussion About Gamepass, But Don’t Hold Your Breath

Speaking with Gamereactor, Spencer was asked about Gamepass and other platforms and whether it’s the platform holders standing at the door, if it’s something else.

I think for us it’s all about priority, and reaching more players. So we went to PC first after Xbox, because there’s just so many players there, globally, that don’t own an Xbox, that we could go reach. We went to mobile next because there’s a billion Android phones on the planet. It’s significantly larger than any console player base.

But what about PlayStation? What about Nintendo Switch?

I love the Switch, I love PlayStation, honestly, I think they’ve done an amazing job as being a part of this industry. I’m not sure that those are the next big set of users for us, but we could be open to those discussions.

🙃

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Phil Spencer Loves PlayStation and is Open to Discussion About Gamepass, But Don’t Hold Your Breath

Speaking with Gamereactor, Spencer was asked about Gamepass and other platforms and whether it’s the platform holders standing at the door, if it’s something else.

Translation:

”We’re terrified about Amazon.”

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What about the Sony you don't like?

Considering I probably won't get a PS5 till next year, I'll just wait for CES 2021 and hope Sony move to mini-LED for their 900 series.
Well, i have only been playing around with it for a few days but I dont like how there are only two HDMI 2.1 slots and one of them is ARC so my soundbar will always go into that. That means i have to pick and choose between the PS5 and my PC for HDMI 2.1 features. The PS5 cant do 4k 120 fps but I really want VRR to smooth out the framerate. Tried playing Mafia at 4k and it was stuck at 45-50 fps and it was way too choppy because VRR isnt out yet. My gsync monitor smooths out those frames so it was a shock seeing that stuff after months of gaming on a gsync monitor.

Other than that, there is not much to complain about. I am a KS8000 owner and I compared the two side by side and they are virtually identical. KS8000 might have better brightness during explosions but its pretty much a wash. Thats a 4 year old tv so I was hoping that my new tv would be a bit more impressive than that. The OS is very snappy and fast and i love the homepage that lets me resume what i was watching across multiple apps.

Also, the main reason why i bought the Sony over OLED was that i wanted the 75 inch because i had already bought two 55 inch tvs in the last 10 years and wanted something bigger. but the 75 inch might be too big because it makes PS4 Pro games and other 4k streaming apps look blurry compared to the 55 inch tv which is small and hides the imperfections.

I think 65 inch is the best size for gaming.

Man whenever you set up your tv i want a hands on because i also have ks7000 here in europe and i want to upgrade to sony so i just want to know the color accuracy and brightness when you can...

See above.

Last edited:

Barakov

RaZoR No1

See??
That's what I said last night xD
It is not about console sales anymore.
Xbox will tranform into Service for Games, to something like Xbox Sega :messenger_grinning_sweat:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Dear GAF members, press F to pay your respects to X-Fighter, one of the more sensible X-Box fans who was somewhat pleasant to debate with, until the success of the PS5 was too much for him and gone apeshit over a box.

We lost members due to fake leaks.

We lost members due to Terraflops.

We lost members due to Game Pass.

Today, we lost a member due to a carbon box.

Let us greave, let us pray, let us retrospect.
lol yeah, i liked x-fighter. all because of packaging. like who gives a shit.

Even the xbox one had great packaging. i remember buying it at launch and being very impressed by the foam inside. But then I plugged it in and the console took like an hour to set up and then ryse took another hour to install. it was 2AM when i finally got in, and by that time i was just furious at how long it took rather than be impressed by the packaging.

Stooky

Uh....I've never heard that description of "gold master" before and I've run development teams. Not GAME development, but development teams all the same. Has the lingo changed over the past couple of years to mean...this? Sounds to me more like they're describing a final candidate or even a test build. I mean, I get that you still find issues before release that may need patches or you might even find some improvements that can be made, but "gold master" usually meant you release the game code to manufacturing and stuff like that? I'm VERY confused. Or...is this just a BS explanation when in fact they just need more time (which is fine!)
gold , gold master mean the same thing. Usually right after going gold devs start working on the day one patch, being that they extended this time could be very good news. Im hoping they'll add the next gen upgrades. fingers crossed.

sircaw

Banned

Even the xbox one had great packaging. i remember buying it at launch and being very impressed by the foam inside. But then I plugged it in and the console took like an hour to set up and then ryse took another hour to install. it was 2AM when i finally got in, and by that time i was just furious at how long it took rather than be impressed by the packaging.

I really don't even get the great packaging bit, what is wrong with the ps5. It's wrapped and protected.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Man my Xbox One refused to setup correctly; the TV thing didn't work despite me having standard Comcast stuff and I had to do a hard firmware reset at some point as it just locked up and wouldn't get past a certain point.

Then when I finally got the thing working I did not like the UX at all, SNAP was just over-engineered to me and I kept enabling it without knowing how to get out of it lol

Barely used Xbox since TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom