• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaUfQLC.gif

anaphase

Is Cyberpunk the next gen version dropping with current gen?

I could've sworn I had read something about the next gen versions launching later. I can't find it now though.

Is Cyberpunk the next gen version dropping with current gen?

I could've sworn I had read something about the next gen versions launching later. I can't find it now though.

They did say that. But I'm not sure if the game is releasing with the next gen patch.

The first patch is just to enable boost mode and other minor features. The next gen one is supposed to add next gen features and assets.

lol someone did an opise

Did anyone hear the console in this video? I thought I heard it in the beginning but it was the fan that Astrobot was standing on.

Last edited:

SSfox

i keep Riky fresh, it lets me see which direction the fud is spreading.

Keep your enemy close, learn his moments, Tsan tsu the art of war Master Master splinter, Turtles.

I still have X-fighter and other Xbox fans non-blocked, it's ok for Xbox fanboy to be so (of course it is and of course i've nothing against being Xbox fan) but i can't stand negative haters at this level, specially when it's too obvious at that level.

devilNprada

Can't afford the $2,995 to see the data..
But how are they counting 3 billion gamers?
I am skeptical yeah... 1.5 billion PC gamers (I assume majority are windows PC's) but only 100 million Xbox accounts... that just doesn't sound right...

FunkMiller

Can't afford the $2,995 to see the data..
But how are they counting 3 billion gamers?
I am skeptical yeah... 1.5 billion PC gamers (I assume majority are windows PC's) but only 100 million Xbox accounts... that just doesn't sound right...

Well, I don’t know what to tell you, but it’s a little hard to carry on this conversation if you don’t believe the facts you’re getting!

Perhaps they are unable to find a decent 30fps stability on current gen consoles including pro models. Maybe the game and it's features are way too overambitious in scope and scalability in current gen from PC. Also CDPR is relatively a smaller team aren't they, supporting 7 consoles (PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X) might be childs play for abigger company like Ubisoft or EA when they release their annual franchises but for someone like CDPR this could be a daunting task.

anaphase

They did say that. But I'm not sure if the game is releasing with the next gen patch.

The first patch is just to enable boost mode and other minor features. The next gen one is supposed to add next gen features and assets.

Ah, ok. I wonder if it's worth waiting for the next gen patches then.

Goncas2

This whole game just feels overambitious. CDPR has made one great game. One. And it seems like CDPR wants to make a second, 3x more ambitious Witcher 3, and they probably weren't up to the task.
Development for an entire generation, cut content, mandatory crunch, endless delays... and it has even come down to delaying the game after going gold.
I'm not saying the game won't deliver, I hope it does. But it's obvious CDPR wanted to make another Wither 3, and they weren't up to the task of making it in a normal dev cycle.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. I wonder if it's worth waiting for the next gen patches then.

Well in my case I have plenty of games to play before Cyberpunk comes out. So I'll probably experience it with the next gen patch for the first time.

It really depends if you can stand waiting while everyone is enjoying the unpatched versions.

FunkMiller

Perhaps they are unable to find a decent 30fps stability on current gen consoles including pro models. Maybe the game and it's features are way too overambitious in scope and scalability in current gen from PC. Also CDPR is relatively a smaller team aren't they, supporting 7 consoles (PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X) might be childs play for abigger company like Ubisoft or EA when they release their annual franchises but for someone like CDPR this could be a daunting task.

Let’s face it, the vanilla XBox One is a fucking potato at this point, with the OG Ps4 not far behind.

This thing hasn’t looked likely to run properly on either for years now.

Should have cut their losses and gone next gen and PC only.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 delayed for almost a month - the game will be released on 10 December.

Tripolygon

Banned
Remember talking about the XSX overheating and I had said it may be people putting them into tight and or enclosed spaces and not allowed to breathe?

Then some people here laughed saying no no these people know how and where to store these consoles?

This is what drives me crazy. People put a console in a tight space then complain when the fan kicks up harder because of poor circulation. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom